Monday 20 June 2022

MANGO SEMOLINA BUTTERCUP CAKE




EARLY MORNING BAKE IS REJUVENATING!

What else to do? It was raining since early morning, waking up it felt I have nothing to do! In fact, last evening I planned I would not eat the mango I offered to my God family but reserve it for a cake to be made today! And so I did! Yesterday was a Sunday I felt too lonely, not remorseful though! I was stationed on my couch all day after Cristine left! I could not watch any of the OTT Platforms as they are password protected & I could not follow T's instructions in Whatsapp, also I cannot operate our television, Cristine does it for me! At this point, I missed the son! On such a day, he would switch on a channel of his choice, put the volume to the highest that mumma dislikes. Today, it feels those were the warm moments for me! Sitting alone, I am getting angry with T, he has to take me out on a travel & I only wish to visit my son's city at this time! Not that I would interfere in his home but sincerely want to set his rented flat so well that he gets everything near his hand rest of the time! Because he is an unmarried student, mumma would take the liberty! Then mumma would roam around; explore that city & come back! T's sister & her spouse travels every three to four months. Anyway, I would refuse any long travels without the son until his marriage, either I would visit him or Kolkata or just nearby spots in Malaysia! After an isolated Sunday, I went for a walk around 12:30pm today, was walking locally. The weather is not good & I have a blogpost to write! I had  a spaghetti & fried chicken plate at Jollie Bee, was disappointed with the chicken served cold. I did not realise the spaghetti has sausage meat, I avoid it. The son is too fond of sausages that I stopped getting home long before! He loves bacon too, mumma does not want him to eat all these often!


The spaghetti was good but it felt why did I have to eat such an unhealthy lunch at this age, kids going for it is okay!

WHAT IS EXTREME LEVEL OF LONELINESS, MOROSE, AGGRESSIVENESS I WANTED TO KNOW!

Like all three of us in this family are loners at some point. My men are agressive but not in excessive amount. I would not have survived together with them in that case. I was thinking what amount of loneliness does it takes for one to develop behavioural issues amounting to destruction, causing hurt to others! That is scary & uncalled for. Yesterday, I requested Cristine to come back a bit early by 10 pm; she came back by 8 pm & went down for some exercise. I was feeling lonely all day but it never feels like this world seems useless to live further! See how happy I look today donning one of my two new walking t-shirts bought from Bossini, each at 8:90$! They are thick textured, felt hot but the thin textured, body hugging tee exposes my defects!


I do not know how people take good selfies, I am not good at it! Only my lunch was disappointing! Yesterday, I wished to roam around in the local mall & eat Burrito, if some time could be spend among the unknown crowd. But I could not pick myself up, dress & go out! That does not mean I thought of extremes, social media is my television! I have two books to complete, not happening! I had two good meals yesterday, there is no question of skipping meals in my life!



That "patali gur" with chapati at night was the best thing! There are good reasons to continue living on this earth! Those who do not want, wish to destroy themselves & others; are sick, needing medical & mental assistance! Harming the self is one thing, wanting to harm others is an extreme level of sickness needing matured intervention in time! There is definitely something these people faced while growing up; lovelessness, poverty, negligence, torture are some!

WHAT IS THIS MANGO SEMOLINA BUTTERCUP CAKE?

You can see, Cristine is holding the finished product, my first ever near decent Air-fryer Cake!


I am having mango without any restrictions. Yesterday, it felt let us do a cake in the air-fryer; using mango as the star ingredient. Cristine helps me with operating the air-fryer. The rest of the arrangements are done by me! The  half used butter cup was lying in the refrigerator for how long I cannot remember, else I prefer oil. Butter is the best but I do not use it often. Only that we had to use unsalted butter & the baking time should have been 18 minutes instead of 20 minutes @ 180*C! Because this vegetarian, air-fryer baked MANGO SEMOLINA BUTTERCUP CAKE is tasting good, I felt let me share it for the average bakers as similar to me! I am having a slice with my ginger coffee & Cristine went for a walk! Okay, I would not shout at T for not taking me for travels enough; I have a Cristine; he never said no to the son's admission in an expensive university as all three of us have a common dream, and he never shouts at me with regards to what I spend when & where!



 


INGREDIENTS :

RIPE MANGO : 1 STANDARD SIZED
SEMOLINA : 1 COFFEE MUG
PLAIN YOGURT : 2-3 TBSP
JAGGERY POWDER : 4-5 TBSP [YOU CAN USE SUGAR]
UNSALTED BUTTERCUP : 100-125 GM
BAKING SODA : 1/4 TSP
BAKING POWDER : 1/3 TSP
VANILLA ESSENCE : 1 TSP
ALMONDS OR ANY DRY FRUITS TO GARNISH

PROCEDURE :


I see the buttercup's expiry date is sometime in 2023, but I do not know if we should keep it for long once open!Below are the few ingredients we are using!


The mango needs to be washed & peeled, cubed!

To the semolina, we would add the baking soda & powder, mix well!



I melted the buttercup block in the microwave! Do it at the minimal heat that would require a minute to melt!



In the blender, we would take together the mango cubes, jaggery, yogurt, melted butter cup & blend to a paste!



We would add the paste to the semolina mix & fold in well! If you use sugar, the colour would be better!


We would add the vanilla essence & mix well again! We would keep the batter covered for 20-25 minutes!



Thereafter, the batter would look as below!


I have used brown paper bowls for baking, so poured the batter to the bowl! We would level the batter well & place the almonds on top!


Cristine gently placed the paper bowl into the Air-Fryer and we baked it at 180*C for 20 minutes; 18 minutes would have been perfect I felt later! 




Enjoy with your favourite beverage & most importantly get smiles to your kids; gift them happy upbringing; we have known what unhappy childhood can do to this world! Human Brain is capable of doing anything to any extent; good or bad!





 

No comments :

Post a Comment