Our festival in Autumn doesn't call for pasta salad! As life advanced, we became part of world community, we proudly say, " world is our home"! I think starting to blog, I made friends every corner of world! With many I have lost contact, in virtual & real world. I believe we haven't, we are calls away. I chatted with virtual friends from blogging world. Post Covid, there was silence from some. I still think of them, wish they are fine. I ain't comfortable vanishing from scenario all of a sudden. At least, if they could leave a message or their family! I am indeed proud of having concerned heart, if only it was appreciated.
Anyway, this year I am not eager about sharing Bengali delicacies for the occasion. I have lot of such recipes in blog, others keep sharing is a reason. Major reason is I don't enjoy cooking thick meat, fish curries, can't digest either. Yet, I would share appropriate recipes nearer to our festivals. What is "appropriate?" I remember, one such October, we; I, man, friend Joy were seated at ONE STEP UP 1 am in morning during festival, it doesn't sell Bengali Food. On such days, our little monster stayed with grandparents. I don't enjoy dishes having lot of cheese, milk, spices, sauces. Many dishes outside of my community, culture I simply adore.
What I eat at home hardly have variations. Call me less of Bengali, but flatbreads, veg & egg maki, Lo Mai Gai, upma, idli makes me happier than fish, meat curries these days. It can be because of staying abroad for long, aging may be reason. My digestive system got weaker. Men, Women are conquering world, whilst I get headache with little change in routine. My disappointment would get pointed towards parents. Thats when Man would scold, says only we are responsible for making or spoil our lives. Son seems oblivious about whats going on within family. I am to be blamed, I didn't let him involve, be bothered. Now I want him to behave normal, communicate with us. This recipe is for him, his friends to make for themselves! I wanted to do fun cooking with him when he almost kept one foot outside of home. New moms, take initiatives early, spend as much as good time with kids, one day they would fly, you would think of them while making drumlet snacks.
I am not kind of mother who would hold back kids home or go against their wish. When its time to let them go, we have to. I pray he stays safe & secured in a world thats becoming impatient, violent with each passing day. Also leaving home doesn't mean cutting off ties, yearly once or twice if we could spend time together! Just hoping for better days, also living life meaningfully, cooking, writing, having music in soul, talking to Almighty, meeting friends too.
Son dislikes "ghugni" but I do cook. Today's pasta salad, MACARONI POTATO FRUIT MEDLEY I made tasted great! It is vegetarian. To make it vegan, gluten-free, use olive oil instead of butter, buy gluten-free macaroni! I used pineapple, muscat, pomegranate, choose your's! Not using potato, onion would alter taste that I wished to serve you. It takes 30-40 minutes making it. I don't know if it would get slimmer you or not, its more or less clean eating if you don't start calculating carb:protein:fat, this & that, you can't live life depending entirely on greens, chunks of meat, fish, eggs, soups. That isn't happiness. Come try my wholewheat & refined flour porota / paratha!
Yesterday, I made vegan, gluten-free cake, sheer khurma, I would talk about it and some more in public, may be tomorrow! We must remain active some way or other!
Few more recipes from blog follows,
INGREDIENTS :
MACARONI : 50 GM [YOU MAY USE ANY PASTA VARIETY]
POTATO : 1 MEDIUM SIZED
ONION : 1 SMALL SIZED
GREEN CHILLI : 1
FRESH CORIANDER : A SPRIG
GRAPE : 4-5
POMEGRANATE : A HANDFUL
PINEAPPLE CUBE : 1/2 COFFEE MUG
CRUSHED BLACK PEPPER : 1/4 TSP
CHAAT MASALA : 1/2 TSP
LEMON JUICE : 2 TBSP
SALT : AS REQUIRED
BUTTER : 1 TSP
PROCEDURE :
Wash, peel, cut, boil potato in enough water, drain water once done. Cube potato smaller.
Boil pasta in enough water adding salt, few drops of oil. Drain water once done al-dente!
Peel, wash, chop pineapple.
Chop, wash green chilli, grapes. Wash pomegranate.
Assemble everything together in bowl, add salt!
Chop, wash fresh coriander.
Refrigerate to chill for an hour or two. Take out, add lemon juice, melted butter, chaat masala! Mix well, enjoy chilled!





No comments :
Post a Comment