Monday 23 March 2020

MICROWAVE E TETUL MURGI


In this grave situation, I can only think of sharing recipes which can help us cook simple with less ingredients that are available at moderate prices without much hassle. I cannot stop cooking, it helps me remain less stressed. You can understand what we are going through as board examinee parents. We do not even know how things are going to work out for them in the next few months. Kids who might be going abroad for further studies, cannot even apply for their visas at this moment, the concerned offices are closed for good. In this scenario, we can cook what takes less time and also look good on the plate. I hope, you may wish to cook and serve your family this chicken curry done with some basic kitchen spices, tamarind juice, curry leaves; MICROWAVE E TETUL MURGI. All of my readers know by now that I am not fond of chicken anymore; I do not wish to quit it either. What I do is get country chicken for our regular curries. Light curry prepared with country chicken is what I can eat with some rice or chapati. What is most important to me is that my family should be able to eat what I cook. As a family we enjoy bharta, non-vegetarian curries, dal is a must for me and the son, Cristine; as the lady of the house it is mandatory for me to cook vegetable for the entire family. The rest in the family do not enjoy salads. Else at this time of crisis, I could limit my cooking to "luchi-aloor dom-salad", "chicken / egg tehri & salad", "prawn / maacher kofta polao o salad". That would have helped me cook fresh, one pot meals. I want more and more time to sit idle, crib on what is going to happen next and get flaks from the man in return. Some of you know his mouth, his parents forgot to feed him sugar in the right amount, perhaps because they themselves never had adequate amount of it. Then, this girl  to whom speaking the right way is of prime importance had to marry in that home. "kucch paney ke liye bahut kucch khona parta hai."

Okay, I do not blame the man, in fact I am forgetting that his office is at home now. They are over stressed thinking of so many sea-farers stranded at different ports of the world. They cannot be sent home, the risk is such. Merchant Ships are in the run, else how do we get our produce? In every sector, some are risking their lives to keep the majority of us alive. Let us respect their labour following the guidelines we are asked to. I shall always keep my land of origin close to my heart but not when they flock in groups, go out in processions whatever the reason be. There are other ways of showing gratitude. People in my land have to learn that it is not indefinite "bandh" for them, that they cannot be in a picnic mood. Stay indoors if you are asked to. Eat Bhelpuri, biscuits, tea from time to time. Yes, I am insane enough to have the below as my breakfast. You cannot rob me off all the pleasures in life. I need food of my choice to survive.


At this time, I am not even thinking of preparing Bhelpuri at home, may get more of this pack on my next visit to the super store. This tamarind-curry leaf chicken MICROWAVE E TETUL MURGI was done in the microwave few months back and again earlier this month. I think, I shall make this regular at this home now onwards. It will go very well with plain rice or even "patla ruti." Besides, we cooked a "tomato-guro moshola salmon, kanchakolar kofta, kanchakolar khosha bata."




INGREDIENTS :

CHICKEN : 1KG MEDIUM CUT [I USE COUNTRY CHICKEN]
TAMARIND JUICE : 1 MEDIUM SIZED TEA CUP
GINGER PASTE : 2 TBSP
GARLIC PASTE : 1 TBSP
ONION PASTE : 3-4 TBSP
GREEN CHILLI PASTE : 3-4 TBSP
CURRY LEAF : 10-12
TURMERIC POWDER : 1 TSP
SALT : AS REQUIRED
HOT WATER : 1 COFFEE MUG
OIL : 2TBSP

PROCEDURE :

I soak the required amount of store bought tamarind paste in water  to get tamarind juice. For this chicken preparation, I had soaked 2tbsp of tamarind in a small bowl of water for 1/2 an hour and strained to get the required amount of tamarind juice.

We will marinate the washed chicken pieces with the tamarind juice, ginger+onion+garlic+ green chilli pastes, turmeric powder, salt, oil and washed curry leaves. We will keep the marinated chicken aside for 2 hours.


After 2 hours, we will transfer the marinated chicken along with the marinade to a microwave proof bowl.



We will cover the bowl with a microwave proof lid / plate and microwave at 300 power for 12 minutes. We will take the bowl out, remove the cover and stir.



We will again cover the bowl and microwave at 300 power for 10 minutes. We will take out the bowl, remove cover and stir. 

We will repeat cook the same way, same amount of time 1 more time.




We will add 1 coffee mug of hot water and give a stir. We will cook for 5 minutes at 300 power and take out, remove cover and stir.


We will again cover cook it for 8-10 minutes at 450 power. We should be done.



If you are cooking on stove top, add the marinated chicken to the wok and cover cook at minimal heat for 15 minutes. Open cover, stir and cover cook at minimal heat until dry. Open cover, add a coffee mug of hot water. Cook uncovered at low heat for 8-10 minutes. 

You can enjoy it with both steamed rice & flat breads. Enjoy it fresh with plain rice and the reheated stale with flat bread.





2 comments :

  1. Thank you for all the wonderful posts! Stay safe and healthy.

    ReplyDelete