Tuesday 20 October 2020

BIRYANI FLAVOURED FULKOPIR DALNA O CHICKEN RICE BOWL



I am supremely excited about going for the pedicure & manicure session this afternoon; after quite a few months; they badly require to be pampered. I am in a hurry, yet I wish to share this non-vegetarian rice & meat dish with biryani flavours; BIRYANI FLAVOURED FULKOPIR DALNA O CHICKEN RICE BOWL with my readers! I know these body pampering stuffs are excesses in life but I need them at good intervals. I feel so lazy going through the process at home. 

I am never stopped from doing what I want, I dislike interference & coercion in my life! I manage everything within the stipulated amount given to me every month and save a bit too. Yes, I do not work is true but I take good care of my home. 

Who take excellent care of their homes? I see one staying in Canada, perhaps is working and maintaining a fabulous home together at a time; I see one in Malaysia whose home & garden I so like, who might be working part time; I know excellent homemakers in Thailand, in an India's neighbourhood country. They inspire me but I do little; I always had a lethargic body & mind. I only love sitting in a quiet corner and brood, dream, think. These days, I enjoy getting this seed and that root end from the roadside and try my hands on them. Please wish my okra / bhindi / dhyarosh / ladysfinger plant some luck!


I so wished to shift to a ground floor flat here this season; they come with a bigger balcony, at times with one at the backside too. I would have planted so many more. I am sad all the nurseries got scattered, there were six side by side and just a station after; so convenient. Besides doing some gardening as approves my tiny space; cooking is my all time love. Both these interests have been inherited from my family off course. I may be lazy but I will not take the last breathe either watching television or sleeping all day. I will engage myself in activities that does not require much of sweating. 

Life got very much mundane, I miss the normal rhythm my life was used to but I will not give in. I will engage myself in what I enjoy. Last Friday evening, it was a bowl of non vegetarian chicken+rice+potato+cauliflower dish for us. Actually, I cooked our very Bengali Aloo-Fulkopir Dalna with the Taiwan variety of cauliflower in bulk last week. We had it with chapati, we had it with rice and then I got bored with another bowl. Some makeover was required!

I not only love food but also want to serve my own or guests a variety of food. For a makeover, I had got some chicken, soaked some basmati rice, chopped the required ingredients, took down the bottle of me made flavoured spice mixture; SHUGANDHI MOSHOLA MIX; and there you are! You will regret if you do not try my recipe of BIRYANI FLAVOURED FULKOPIR DALNA O CHICKEN RICE BOWL; that is a dish cooked with mixed spices, clarified butter, chicken, basmati rice, leftover cauliflower-potato curry, etc.




INGREDIENTS :

BASMATI RICE : 1 COFFEE MUG
CHICKEN : 6-8 PIECE [BIG CUT]
LEFTOVER CAULIFLOWER-POTATO CURRY : A BOWLFUL
PLAIN YOGURT : 6 TBSP
RED CHILLI POWDER : 1 TBSP
CUMIN POWDER : 2 TSP
CORIANDER POWDER : 2 TSP
SHUGANDHI MOSHOLA MIX : 1 TBSP [A HOMEMADE AROMATIC SPICE MIX]
TURMERIC POWDER : 1 TSP
SLICED ONION : 2 SMALL TEA CUP FULL [OF TWO BIG ONES]
MINT LEAF : A HANDFUL
CORIANDER LEAF : A HANDFUL
GREEN CHILLI : 5-6
GINGER PASTE : 1 TBSP
GARLIC PASTE : 1 TBSP
LEMON JUICE : 1/2 SMALL TEA CUP SIZE
CINNAMON STICK : 2-3 TWO INCH SIZED
GREEN CARDAMOM : 3-4
BLACK CARDAMOM : 1
STAR ANISE : 1
CLOVE : 3-4
MACE : 2
CRUSHED BLACK PEPPER : 1/2 TSP
MILK POWDER : 1 TBSP
BAYLEAF : 2-3
SALT : AS REQUIRED
GHEE / CLARIFIED BUTTER : 1/3 SMALL TEA CUP + 2 TBSP

PROCEDURE :

Let us wash the chicken pieces at first. I took a mix of legs, thighs and breasts.

I had beaten together the powders of turmeric+ cumin+coriander+red chilli +SHUGANDHI MOSHOLA MIX, plain yogurt, salt, lemon juice taken in a bowl.

I marinated the chicken with it.




We had marinated the chicken at least for 3 to 4 hours or little more.

For the rice, we washed the basmati rice in required amount and soaked in water for 1/2 an hour. we tied the cinnamon sticks+green & black cardamom+mace+cloves+star anise in a piece of white, cotton, clean cloth.

We had thrown it and some salt to a pot of boiling water.



When the water has boiled for sometime, we added the soaked rice, discarding the water.


Once the rice had cooked 70%, we strained it.


While the rice was getting rid of moisture, we got readied the ginger & garlic pastes, washed & sliced onion+chopped coriander+mint leaves+slitted green chillies.



We had heated 1/3 tea cup ghee in a pot and added the bayleaves, onions to it.



When the sliced onions are brown, we took out some to garnish later. To the rest, we added the ginger & garlic pastes.


We stir cooked for 3-4 minutes and added the marinated chicken to the pot and folded in well.


We covered it with a lid having no holes. We had put the heat to minimal. In between, we opened the cover and gave a stir.


We had warmed our leftover "aloo-fulkopir dalna" too.


After 15-20 minutes, we had opened the cover and added some crushed black pepper.


We gave a stir and added most of the the washed green chillies+ fresh coriander+fresh mint. We are to add the cauliflower & potato curry at this stage but I forgot. Please, you need not be so forgetful.


We gave a stir and added the rest of the fresh mint+coriander & ghee, milk powder, kewra / screw pine  water. I added the "aloo fulkopir dalna" at this stage.


We had put on the lid and lightly shaken.


We had placed a pan atop the gas stove and kept it at low heat.


We had placed the rice, vegetables & chicken pot atop the pan, cooked at minimal heat to low heat for 10-13 minutes. We would be done.


We switched off the gas stove and shaken the pot well before serving it hot with raita & salad.




 

No comments :

Post a Comment