Thursday 1 October 2020

BREAD & VEGETABLES SNACK MEAL


 

I was in a dilemma what to share today in the Blog. What I wanted is not matching what I am going to share. I do keep cooking & clicking; doing it less for a month now though. Eversince the son had left home, I did cook from the blog and updated the pictures; rest of the time I was cooking for myself and Cristine to survive. I did not feel the necessity to cook elaborate with exotic fish & meat varieties. Tomorrow, I may run to the market to get a hilsa & a good quality mutton, if not then I may get lamb. Yet, I am not wanting to get involved in cooking as much as I had been earlier. At this age, we do not need much food; only that I enjoy food, love to have it. 

Today, I was out on a work in the morning. People around refused to lend me a ride and also did not guide me properly with regards to the new direction I wished to try to reach the destination. It took me double the usual time to reach and got a severe headache that was caused sitting inside the confiner of the cab for barely ten minutes. People misread me, it is not always my misery; I get sick in a confined atmosphere, here they keep the blower at low. My fat deposits are also responsible for the unfit me. In such a scenario, I should have slept on my couch back home but I did not wish to prove myself more of a parasite; what I can do is share with you an easy snack meal recipe with bread & vegetables and name it BREAD & VEGETABLES SNACK MEAL.

I refuse to call this dish Bread Pulao, it is usually called so. I mean what has potato to do in a pulao or does any country or region have any such pulao dish with potato, vegetables & dry fruits? Dry fruits can be made optional here, we can add more of vegetables in this preparation. I just love this dish as a snack, as a meal too but I do not do it much as it requires a lot of oil. I usually fry the bread pieces before adding it to the fried vegetables, nuts & raisins. This is not a family dish but it is been done since the mid 80's in our family when I had learnt about it and expressed the wish to have it at times at home. I do not think this vegetarian snack meal BREAD & VEGETABLES SNACK MEAL is a good lunch box idea, it should be eaten fresh and hot with a hot cuppa. 


I feel so sleepy, whilst I was to experiment with bread baking with cheese slices, tomato slices; why it has to be particularly an exotic one? As I always say, we do stop by where it is needed, do some charity but life goes on. It takes a heart and the guts to get out of our comfort zone and do some field work. What is the issue bothering me / many of us at this date; five years or a decade from now, we will not remember. Not a blog, real life experiences & protests need a book to record.



INGREDIENTS :

BREAD SLICE : 7-8
ONION : 1
CARROT : 1
POTATO : 1
GREEN PEA : 2-3 TBSP
GREEN CHILLI : 2-3
CASHEW NUT : 7-8[HALVED]
RAISIN : 12-13
TURMERIC POWDER : 1/4 TSP
BLACK PEPPER : 1/2 TSP[CRUSHED]
SALT : AS REQUIRED
SUGAR : 2 TSP
OIL : 5-6 TBSP

PROCEDURE :

Cut the bread slices in small squares. 

Discard the two ends of the onion, peel and slice it, wash. 

Peel the carrot, discard the two ends and cut into cubes, wash.

Peel the potato, cut into cubes and wash. 

Wash & chop the green chillies.

Add salt & turmeric to the potato & carrot cubes.

Heat the oil in a wok or pan and fry the bread slices. Take them out and place on to a tissue paper.

Add the sliced onion & chopped green chillies to the oil  and fry until golden brown; add the halved cashew nuts and stir fry at low heat for 2 minutes.

Add the marinated potato and stir fry at minimal heat for 3-4 minutes.

Add the carrot pieces and stir fry at low heat for 2-3 minutes and cover cook for 4-5 minutes at minimal heat, check in between to avoid burning.

Add the green peas, raisins, sugar and salt if required and stir fry at low heat for a minute or two.

Add the crushed black pepper while serving fresh & hot.







No comments :

Post a Comment