Today, I was out on work in morning. People around refused to lend me ride, also didn't guide me properly to new direction I wanted to try. It took me double than usual time to reach, got severe headache, I have motion sickness. People misread me, not always misery; I fall sick in confinement, they keep blower at low. My fat deposits is also responsible for my unfit self. In such scenario, I should have slept on my couch back home, didn't wish to prove myself more of parasite; what I can do is share with you an easy snack meal recipe with bread, vegetables, name it BREAD & VEGETABLES SNACK MEAL.
This recipe calls for good use of end pieces / heels of sliced bread! I refuse to call it Bread Pulao, that may come in another post. I mean what has potato to do in pulao or does any country or region have any such pulao dish with potato, vegetables? Dry fruits can be used in it, somedays I add! I just love this dish as snack, as meal I rarely do. I used to fry bread pieces before adding it to fried vegetables. I adopted healthier version, instead of frying, I grill or toast bread pieces until crisp. This is not family recipe but it is been done since mid 80's in our family when I learnt about it, expressed wish to our mother to cook it. I don't think this vegetarian snack BREAD & VEGETABLES SNACK MEAL is good lunch box idea, it should be eaten fresh, hot with hot cuppa. Our Gujarati school mate Jaya Gupta used to get similar in lunch box. She is vegetarian, her lunch box carried variety of vegetarian food. Think about it, I tasted something similar back in 1985-86-87!
I feel sleepy, whilst I was to experiment bread baking, having with cheese slices, tomato slices; why it has to be particularly an exotic one? As I always say, we do stop by where it is needed, do some charity but life goes on. It takes a heart and the guts to get out of our comfort zone and do some field work. What is the issue bothering me / many of us at this date; five years, decade from now, we won't remember. Not a blog, real life experiences & protests need a book to record.





No comments :
Post a Comment