Thursday 8 October 2020

CHICKEN & EGG FRIED RICED




 Most of the afternoons, I am not keeping well. Headache starts in the morning, drags on until I apply some balms or the bowels get clear. On such days, I do not take the risk of going for a walk, that too on an empty stomach. I usually go for swims, today I went and started feeling dizzy, immediately I came back. I never wish my name to be written in golden letters in a collection of adventure stories or in a book titled Up / Close with Beast Mode Stunts for Weight Loss. I was a born, lazy child, the family called me names, I have let them free. I did not complain to the police of abuse by the family. 

Given my inherent nature, I chose a full time help over anything else. I am a cleanliness freak but hate doing cleaning job every day. The son went off, the best way to keep myself occupied was to do some house work, I just do not wish to. I only enjoy cooking; I sit and plan what to cook when the son would visit during his holidays. This non-vegetarian main, rice dish CHICKEN & EGG FRIED RICE was prepared for the dinner on the day the son and the man set out for their journey to the distant land. Yes, I enjoy cooking so much that with a heavy heart and totally dislodged mind I could cook what my family loves; dry kind of fried rice with chicken, fish, vegetables added to it. This is the near kind our families learnt to prepare Bengali-Oriental Fried Rice at home on certain Sundays and served with Chicken Kosha; a dried chicken curry. Mine cannot be called oriental; it has an all purpose seasoning, Italian herbs, soy sauce & sesame oil as well, I served it with hash browns. 



Hash Browns are not coming once he left home, we do not need it. Can I ever forget that evening, my child handling over the MRT Card, Back Gate Card to mumma without a drop of tear shed; I am proud of my strong men. But today I wish to pay a tribute to the recently deceased old doctor of mine with a non-vegetarian rice dish CHICKEN & EGG FRIED RICE my family likes. He and his family had been treating me for 10 years now. He left us last Friday, it feels like a personal loss. He was so vibrant, so nice towards his patients, so cool and motivational that I can never forget him. I will continue to visit his chamber which will be looked after by his family of doctors. Good behaviour & right treatment is a big issue for me.




INGREDIENTS :

COOKED BASMATI RICE : 3-4 COFFEE MUG
CHICKEN : 250-300 GM
EGG : 3-4
SLICED ONION : 1 MEDIUM TEA CUP
MINCED GARLIC : 2 TSP
MINCED GINGER : 1 TSP
CUBED CARROT : 1/2 SMALL TEA CUP
GREEN PEA : 2 TBSP
CHOPPED GREEN CHILLI : 2-3
CRUSHED BLACK PEPPER : 1 TSP
ITALIAN HERB MIX : 1 TSP
ALL PURPOSE SEASONING : 1/2 TSP
CHILLI FLAKES : 1TSP
SALT : VERY LITTLE
SOY SAUCE : 2 TBSP
SESAME OIL : 1 TBSP
OIL : 3-4 TBSP

PROCEDURE :

We used these seasonings.


We have to cut and wash the vegetables.


We have to boil the washed chicken strips in enough water, adding salt.


We also have to scramble the eggs.




We now need to heat the oil in a wok, add the ginger & garlic mince and stir cook for a minute.




We added the washed onion slices & chopped green chillies and cooked till translucent. We then added the washed carrot and stir fried at low heat for 3-4 minutes. Then we added the green peas.



Stirring 2-3 times, we will add the boiled chicken and scrambled eggs. We can reserve the chicken stock for later use.

We will add the soy sauce & all the seasoning now, sprinkle little amount of water and stir at minimal heat. We will cover cook for 7-8 minutes.


We had cooked earlier the Basmati rice in enough water and strained.


We have added the rice now and folded in very well. We have added the sesame oil and tossed 
well. 


We can have it on it's own or with some chilli chicken or fish on the side.




No comments :

Post a Comment