Thursday 15 April 2021

HALF & HALF CHOCO CAKE O KHOYA MISHTI



OUR HOME IS A MESS TODAY; WHO ON EARTH BOOKS A REPAIR WORK ON A NEW YEAR DAY?

The man at this home does; it was / is not in his head that today is "Noboborsho" / Bengali New Year Day! My men are not the kind who would religiously follow dates; wear a "panjabi & dhuti" on  this day, and follow all the rituals that make others believe how culturally inclined they are! I have tried hard but they do not listen to anyone except themselves. Until last year, I had bought new clothes for them, literally begged to make them wear at least for an hour, but both men are rebels. I am in awe of those Indian Television Soap like families; who take shower in the morning of such days, wear new clothes and sit in front of the Almighty, pray together, eat together, go out together. What ever be the reason; their power to influence or my nature of negotiating easily for the sake of peace; I still feel happy with them around. Because I knew very soon I have to live far off from the son; I made the best out of everyday. Their presence near me makes me happy. The son is not there this year, I am sad; else amidst all these mess today, I feel content with the man around!




There is no question of cooking today in this situation; we had our lunch with Cristine made parathas, stale mutton and mixed vegetables. It was good. After writing my post, I am willing to go for a drive and a dinner by the sea. Given the man would get very tired after wrapping up, we may get some food from the mall opposite. It is not okay also to leave Cristine alone at home and dine out. She is cleaning all the dust until now, really made some good parathas. I had to go out of home in two rounds. In the morning, I had to shop for my clients of tomorrow & Saturday. Again, I went out for a walk, the home was messy and Cristine was handling all, from cleaning the prawns, sea bass to arranging the vegetables. I did a slow motioned local tour, because I knew I cannot write a single line in this noise.

MY GOD FAMILY DID NOT GET GOOD FOOD TODAY!

The day I heard there will be an electric repair work at home today; I knew my God Family is not going to get good food on this day. I cannot work amidst a messy crowd. I had got some mangoes in the morning to offer them. The rooms were no way to be cleared by 2:30 pm; so I went for a walk! I had to pick up two sarees from a Laundry at Kovan. Who knows when we can travel to Kolkata, else I am not the kind to buy a saree, do fall & pico, get dry cleaned or get a blouse stitched from one of the world's most expensive island; too much is the cost. Halfway on my walk, it started raining! That does not stop me from doing what I enjoy! I must stop at this!


I had to get some, offer to my God Family along with the mangoes. 




Whats the point of those walking; after two porotas, a fruit bowl, I am having muri-jilipi! The jilipis came on the Nil-Shashti Day to offer to my God Family! Only in the morning, I was lecturing my brother about healthy eating!

WHAT IS THIS HALF & HALF CHOCO CAKE O KHOYA MISHTI? 

It was a plan made fifteen days back and I am so happy with the outcome. As usual, I was extremely busy the day before when started with this project; a FUSION SWEET IN MICROWAVE sometime after 8 pm; my wish to do it in the morning did not work out. Never mind, it is an one hour project; from start to finish. Everything required do you have somewhere in your pantry. Our owner today liked it with his coffee. He came to supervise the work! Back from the market, I see T serving him coffee and this HALF & HALF CHOCO CAKE O KHOYA MISHTI. I could not freeze the moment; its very awkward to click food in your guest's presence. Let me do a quick share of a very worthy SWEET; I am definite many of my readers would want to try it soon. Let me wrap up quick today; I have not answered a single wish, I did not even see them. I only talked to the two homes. I personally may not be able to reach all of those I wish to but my heart only prays for the good of the mankind!



INGREDIENTS : FOR THE CHOCOLATE CAKE

REFINED FLOUR : 1/2 COFFEE MUG
PLAIN YOGURT : 4-5 TBSP
DARK CHOCOLATE : 100-150GM
BROWN SUGAR : 11/2 TBSP
BAKING POWDER : 1/4 TSP OR A PINCH OR TWO MORE
OIL : 2-3 TBSP

INGREDIENTS : FOR THE INSTANT KHOYA KHEER / MAWA

FULL CREAM MILK : 1 COFFEE MUG
MILK POWDER : 4-5 TBSP
GHEE : 2 TBSP
BROWN SUGAR : 11/2 TBSP

INGREDIENTS FOR THE FUSION SWEET :

THE MICROWAVE MADE CHOCOLATE CAKE
THE INSTANT KHOYA KHEER / MAWA
TOASTED & GROUND PISTACHIO

PROCEDURE :


We will do the microwave chocolate cake at first. For that we have taken the flour & baking powder in a bowl, mixed well.



In a blender, we have taken the plain yogurt, brown sugar & oil.


We have blended the mixture well for a minute.


We have taken the chocolate pieces in a cup and microwaved at low for 30+30 seconds, paused, stirred and again microwaved at low for 30-40 seconds. I did not follow the right method of holding the chocolate bowl in boiling water.



Then, I added the melted chocolate to the flour batter and mixed very well.



I had greased an oven proof glass container with few drops of oil; then dusted it with refined flour. Then, I had poured the chocolate-refined flour batter to it!


I had tapped the glass container lightly on the kitchen top, then placed it inside the microwave. I microwaved it for 5 minutes @ 600 power and got what you see below.


For the instant mawa / khoya kheer; take the full cream milk, milk powder and ghee / clarified butter, 11/2 tbsp of brown sugar together in a bowl and mix well.


Place it inside the microwave and cook at 900 power for a minute. Give a stir!


We will repeat it 4-5 times and get this!


We will let it cool. Then, add it  on the top of the cake. 


We will close the container once the entire thing is cool and refrigerate for 2-3 hours!

About the temperatures used; remember, it may differ a bit in your's!


Before serving, we will take it out, add the toasted and ground pistachios; cut and serve!







6 comments :

  1. What a wonderful busy day but finishing with baking a chocholate cake that looks so sweet...^^
    thank's for the recipe, maybe someday i can practice them at home :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Bengali Year to you dear friend! Chocolate Cake. Get the kids here! This is a good news for them. But i think i like chocolate and chocolate cake more than the kids. Have a wonderful day

    ReplyDelete
  3. This chocolate cake looks very delicious!
    Thank you for recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At first I was amazed to see how it looks textured how to make it ... oh, it turns out to be done repeatedly stirring the dough in the microvawe. We will try to make it at home. Regards.

    ReplyDelete