Thursday 29 July 2021

GUROMOSHOLAI MUSHROOM BROCCOLI


 

HEALTH & TASTE HAVE TO WALK HAND IN HAND IN MY HOME; AND DO TRA LA TRA LA!

My readers know I cannot have food that is not cooked with love and care, that does not appeal to my taste bud. I can understand having a spoonful what amount of care was taken whilst preparing it! In case of both males and females; I expect a little of sincerity on their part for the home they have built. You can divide the work of looking after your home & kids always but each of you must do your part sincerely! I do not have many things in the kitty to be proud of except for one or two! I never did leave my child at home and freak around. This is uncalled for unless you are working! My baby did complain to his teachers that mumma is more hooked towards her blog. What he did not realise then was he did not listen to mumma, on any matter. It was not easy for me to handle that. On reaching this island, his father took over rebuilding the child; I ended up at an unequal competition with two rebels. Given my nature, it was very difficult to overcome this hurdle. What his teachers did not know was baby was always against me cuddling the "Ladoo, Shri Krishna" and my phone. Now that he is sitting far off from home; he would realise that for mumma, he is always the prime! He would know that to take utmost care of his regular routine in his school, he had to be cooperative; help mumma with all the informations. He refused to share with me the school's chores; his father did not let me keep in touch with other parents. I do not know what was their problem to let me discuss our kids' studies with other parents! No one can deliver without cooperation. So, I gradually found myself involved with the blog way too much! I believe, the son would understand this now when he is living alone. But yes, all these have made him self-reliant! As his mumma, as an aunty; I would want these young people to cook their own food; which can be such a simple CURRY with BROCCOLI & MUSHROOM. They can add some boiled eggs or fish fillets to it, cook some rice and have a HEALTHY, NUTRITIOUS MEAL! Adding chicken pieces would need some onion & garlic.

SOUL SATISFYING MUSIC AND FOOD ARE A KEEP!

I cannot get rid of the fat from the belly area only because I cannot get along with the prescribed food required for weight loss. I love the Oriental Soups only after adding seasoning, chilli oil, this and that to them. Neither am I good with them at home! The food courts & eateries make so good soups, I cannot get that consistency and taste in my kitchen. Once I am inside my kitchen; I tend to cook spicy, hot, carb filled South Asian Food! I have gradually learnt to bring myself somewhere in between. I cook pretty number of lighter curries with HEALTHY INGREDIENTS; that definitely has to have some amount of spices! Without the desi / South Asian touch; my HOME COOKING is incomplete! My readers know I eat in Korean eateries to Vietnamese to Middle Eastern to Thai to Burger King; but what I largely cook at home should have an Indian / South Asian touch! What is a curry without the some BENGALI SPICE POWDERS used? So, these are the kinds I cook and stock up mainly for my week day dinners which usually do not have a rice or roti! Off course, different rustic Bengali dishes remain my ultimate love but how can one have a bharta without a ruti or bhaat? So I cook what you see, the vegetables  provide you with the necessary nutrition and a Bengali spice infused curry satisfies my soul and hunger pangs during the night time. Our lunch today was upma with a lot of vegetables. After I was done with the man's lunch box, he decided to work from home. He looked very tired, I suggested him to work from home. We ate the reheated stuff; upma you must eat fresh but it never happens at this home. I went down for a short swim.



I hardly lie to my readers! Yesterday, I indeed had a porota-lobia curry-jilipi lunch! Like I eat varied food; I listen to varied music; which one to hear when depends on my mood!

WHAT IS THIS GUROMOSHOLAI MUSHROOM BROCCOLI?

GUROMOSHOLA is powdered spices! I cook a lot of curries these days with spice powders alone. In the blog, I do have one or two such recipes, even a prawn recipe! I am in favour of frill-free food. Hailing from a middle-class Bengali family, we used specific spices only for our COOKING, I maintain the same style in my kitchen. Okay, I do store few other spice powders not used by my family like dry mango powder, chaat masala, nihari masala! I cooked this VEGAN, GLUTEN-FREE CURRY with Broccoli & Mushroom using only few spice powders & tomato; aptly named it GUROMOSHOLAI MUSHROOM BROCCOLI! I can hear the man constantly talking to his office; these days I wish I too worked but how and when? With each passing day, I feel a little more unworthy of myself; almost an entire life spent and I could not learn the basics of a computer! But I can cook for all those people who get tired after a day's work! My wish had been to earn from blogging & cooking; aur kuch ati bhi to nehi!



INGREDIENTS :

BROCCOLI : 1 STANDARD SIZED
MUSHROOM : 7-8 [USE PORTOBELLO OR BUTTON OR SHIITAKE VARIETY]
TOMATO : 1
CUMIN POWDER : 1/2 TSP
CORIANDER POWDER : 1/2 TSP
RED CHILLI POWDER : 1 TSP
DRY MANGO POWDER : 1/2 TSP
NIHARI MASALA : 1/2 TSP [OPTIONAL]
TURMERIC POWDER : 1/2 TSP
CUMIN SEED : 1/4 TSP
BAY LEAF : 1
SALT : AS REQUIRED
OIL : 2 TBSP

PROCEDURE :




Cut half the mushrooms, wash well and soak in hot water for half an hour. Cut the Broccoli into medium florets and wash well. Marinate it with a little of salt & turmeric!

Wash & chop the tomatoes! Heat the oil in the wok and temper it with the cumin seeds and bay leaf! Give a stir and add the chopped and washed tomatoes. Stir cook at low heat for a minute or two!

Add the cumin+coriander+red chilli+rest of the turmeric powders+the salt required and stir for a minute at minimal heat; sprinkling water. Do it for a minute.

Add the broccoli floret along with the marinade and the mushrooms sans the soaked water! Stir well for 2-3 minutes and add 11/2 coffee mugs of water. Cook at low to medium heat for 5-6 minutes.

Thereafter, add the dry mango & nihari masala powders, give a stir and let cook for a minute or two! We are done.

Your HEALTHY DESI SOUP CURRY is ready to be had. Have it with rice, roti or as it is!







1 comment :