Thursday 15 July 2021

COFFEE BANANA BUNDT CAKE


I WALK TO DERIVE HAPPINESS!

I had no plans to go out of home today, I was required to stay at home. Then I went; trusting Cristine handles well. Trusting her is no wrong but it was a bit of irresponsible behaviour on my part; I agree! I find it surprising that T does not scold me when it is required to! All went well because in the matter of trustworthiness and organisational skills; this island itself is a champion. It does not allow much to it's expats but the safety & security we get is enormous. When the world became a victim of death, we were among the safest! I feel secured enough to go out anytime of the day, in any attire! Going out today was not urgent; it was my heart's call. I felt, a 5-6 km of walk would fill my heart with joy; that feeling is very much important to me. I never take the main road if the area is known to me. For reasons unknown, all the elephant apple trees I discovered locally, render fruitless! I saw today almost all the immature fruits lying on the ground. I felt an ache deep inside. I was walking aimlessly and took to unknown lanes & by-lanes, they were but running parallel to the main road! So my losing track had no possibility today! If ain't you take a bit of risk and go offtrack; you cannot explore! See, all of a sudden I found a mango lying, half ripened and a backyard of a two-storey building that reminded me of the parental home. Our mother does not allow modifications, modernity in that home. I clicked what looks like her way of working in the garden; very middle class, very "aatpourey" as we may call it!



I enjoy the journey I take off route; I discovered few more guava trees & sugarcane plants today! I never use my head solving equations & learning formulae, but what is in my head is whether this mango would fully ripe tomorrow or not! Enjoying such exercises like discovering a vine, or hanging fruits & vegetables; I think I derived from the mother; or may be its in my blood! Back home, I had a lunch with chicken, fish head & vegetables medley & raw mango dal; all Bengali recipes!




BAKING HELPS EXHALE NEGATIVITY!

There is no exaggeration in the above statement! I am so excited doing the bakes on stovetop that I am planning a stovetop croissant too! These are good engagements and keeps you away from unworthy activities. To be honest, gluten-free flours I have used so far have not given me the utmost satisfaction. I do not think I would buy almond flour to use in my kitchen. The cake I made yesterday or those I usually make are all done with whatever regular ingredients I have in my kitchen. Not each time there can be vegan & gluten-free bakes; because I love the taste of refined flour; of semolina too! They say refined flour is too bad; I would not argue because I research less, hence know less. I say, we are not having it every day, so we need not worry too much and overly panic. What may destroy the man is that per day one packet of cigar intake! What angers me is his denial to regular food intake in right proportions instead of trying to stop smoking and lessening the frequency of drinking! That he does not have any interest in food is what angers me. I have requested the son to take to normal living; eat outside some days; cook over the weekends and eat that until Tuesday! I hope he never takes to smoking and only allows social drinking in his life forever! I so wished the man ask me back home, "Whats for dinner tonight?" I continue to cook; if only people at home took interest in that!

WHAT IS THIS COFFEE BANANA BUNDT CAKE?

Coffee is always there at home! Banana & Evaporated Creamer gives you the best moist, fluffier cake; okay, if you are not willing to use eggs! Yes, they can be the best alternatives to eggs in a bake; the vinegar too has a role to play! Bundt Pan is supposedly a designer cake tin to make the cake look good! This COFFEE BANANA BUNDT CAKE is a VEGETARIAN CAKE, a very HOMELY BAKE on STOVETOP! I usually get a dozen of banana at a time and in the latter days; they are used this way. In my home, very few things goes to a waste! I think I had got the bundt cake tin back in 2014; I suppose I baked better those days. Then it went on hibernation. I guess I have lost enough energy shouting after Cristine to clean the racks regular so that lizards & cockroaches do not find a safe haven in it. Finally, the day before I planned to use it again! And you can see the outcome is not really bad! Okay, to take the cake out undisturbed, I use a good amount of refined flour and could not brush it off. The cake tasted well and nothing could stop me from sharing it in the blog!



INGREDIENTS :

REFINED FLOUR : 11/2 COFFEE MUG
COFFEE POWDER : 2 TBSP
BAKING POWDER : 1 HEAPED TSP
BAKING SODA : 1/2 TSP
RIPE BANANA : 2 STANDARD OR 3 SMALL
EVAPORATED CREAMER : 200 ML
VINEGAR : 1 TBSP
SUGAR : 1 SMALL TEA CUP OR MORE AS PER YOUR NEED
CINNAMON POWDER : 1 TBSP
OIL : 1/2 SMALL TEA CUP

PROCEDURE :



We are using the following ingredients! 


At first, I took the refined flour, baking powder & baking soda in a bowl!



I mixed them well and added the coffee powder; mixed together well.


In another bowl, I mashed the bananas and added the sugar & oil to it. I folded in well and beaten for a while.


Thereafter, I added 1/2 a can of the evaporated creamer, the vinegar and beaten the liquid batter. [I should have taken the entire amount of the creamer, added later.]


I poured the liquid batter to the flour mix; also the cinnamon powder!


On mixing, I felt the urge for the entire can of the evaporated creamer to be used; I did and added also some more of sugar!


The batter looked okay in consistency thereafter. I follow no rules of baking, those I share are good but.


I had greased the cake tin with oil and dusted it with refined flour! I poured the batter to it and tapped it on the kitchen counter!


I placed a wok on the gas top; placed a wired stand on it! I let it get heated for 7-8 minutes.


I placed the batter filled cake tin atop the heated wire stand and covered the entire thing!



I cooked it at low heat for some 55 minutes and took it down to cool.



Once cool, we can turn it over on a plate or tray!


I believe, a cake tastes best warm & fresh! But nuclear families like us need to refrigerate!






No comments :

Post a Comment