Thursday 16 December 2021

BISCUIT CAKE



PLAIN BARE CAKES ARE WHAT IN MY CAPACITY!

And I would prepare them with kitchen staples, I would not buy quite a few ingredients to prepare a cake that is not my forte!What are you asking me to learn at 51?I did no learning when it was required the most!I am always like, Oh! God, give me a bed or couch to lie down!I was back home after a long walk around 3:45pm, since then its only a good sleep that is calling me!I was out of home since the morning;I went to the local market, then to the doctor! Thereafter, I walked to the old neighbourhood. I forgot it is Xmas time; there was a long queue in the parlour. I was passing time having coolers; had my lunch, stood behind ten people at least to get my eyebrows, upper lips & chin done; then caught a train back home!I took a shower, and then instead of lying down; made a late start sharing a bake with you whose photo feature was done back in 2019, December!I do not know why I did not share it all this while!


I also do not know why I am having so much of sugary drinks these days; given I always carry a bottle of water from home wherever I go!

BISCUITS ARE A SPECIAL LOVE I COULD NOT GET OVER AS YET!

Many warned me biscuits are nothing but full of sugar & flours!I cannot be as calculative as them! I wonder how people are so articulate & careful with their words & steps. People high on emotion & nuts like me would never learn.But anyway, I do not mind;I can be a self centric but cannot really act a selfish!I feel at 51, I do not have to achieve much in life, lets me be; roam around carefree; eat my chai, coffee with biscuits. The little wise thing I practice is I almost denounced the choice of my biscuits; the cream stuffed varieties, ginger biscuits & other sugary ones!Our parents never allowed us cream biscuits.I do not support that too, we can be a bit indulgent so far our kid's taste buds are concerned.I have allowed my son; one cannot be indulgent about T, he is too restrictive about his food intakes. Bhai too does not think twice when he wants to eat something!

WHAT IS THIS BISCUIT CAKE?

I keep trying new varieties of biscuits; just as my brother does it with shampoos & soaps. This may be because our parents were too loyal to certain brands; even T too sticks to a few. I ask, "do not you guys feel bored?" Some biscuit varieties do not tally with my tastebud; then I read about biscuit cakes and learn those I do not want to have with my tea or if I have got too many varieties at a time; I have a good way of using them to prepare a BISCUIT CAKE!But I am too fond of shortbreads, cannot remember why I used a full packet in the cake! A vegetarian cake is a welcome in my home; I cannot get along with the smell of egg in bakes & sweets unless done by a professional! Here is how is done the world's simplest biscuit cake with kitchen staples! And look what I am unto around 6:15pm after a heavy lunch!


My teatime is ritualistic, forcefully I had to stop having breakfast; I do not know where to put a full stop when it involves food!

Few similar recipes from the Blog :







INGREDIENTS :

BISCUIT PACKET : 250-300 GM
PLAIN YOGURT : 1/2 SMALL TEA CUP
FRESH CREAM : 100-125 ML
VINEGAR : 1 TBSP
BAKING POWDER : 1 TSP
BAKING SODA : 1/2 TSP
SUGAR : 1/2 SMALL TEA CUP [YOU CAN USE MORE]
CINNAMON POWDER : 1/2 TSP
OIL : 1/2 SMALL TEA CUP

PROCEDURE :


We will be using few ingredients lying in the kitchen!


We will powder the biscuits in a blender!


We will take together the yogurt, vinegar, fresh cream, sugar & oil; beat to a smooth batter!



We will add the powdered biscuits to it and mix well!


We mix well and should add the cinnamon powder at this stage and mix well. I forgot and added later!


We will grease the cake tin with few drops of oil & dust it with refined flour!


We will add the cake mixture to it. I forgot earlier, so added the cinnamon powder at this stage. You will not do this mistake!


We will level the batter. The batter needed more of liquid that I admit!


Mine is a convection mode microwave. I had placed the low height stool inside & pre-heated the oven at 180*C for 10 minutes!

Then, I had placed the cake tin atop the stool and baked at 180*C for 30-35 minutes I think! You much check the cooking time, please!


The cake turned out to be moist & dense; really good to eat!







2 comments :

  1. Biscuit desserts are very popular here! Your recipe looks very healthy and very new. I am sure it goes well with our tea. Bye the way presentation is perfect.

    ReplyDelete