Thursday 24 February 2022

CHAI MASALA FLAVOURED MISHTI DOI


 

I AM HAPPY WHEN I GET THROUGH A TASK LIKE GETTING A MISHTI DOI RIGHT!

I am not that good with mishti doi / sweetened yogurt! Rarely, I would take upon myself the stress of setting a mishti doi! It is raining for few days; yet yesterday, I felt like giving it a try! And I did it; hamne kiya, hamne kiya, hamne kiya!As of now, I am keeping it in tact for my guests tomorrow! Only one tea spoon I had to taste, I must do it before getting a recipe to the blog! At this time it is 5:50 pm & I have just started with the post! Since the morning, I am been messed up! I did not do any constructive work, Cristine made sandwich and packed her sir's lunch box. I only clicked the pictures you would be seeing in the post today! My thoka tagar / Chinese Gardenia plant have got fungal infection I discovered, both of us Cristine & I spent quite sometime on that! In all these, my regular exercise of poking the son in whatsapp did not happen today!Around 2 pm, I felt like going out for a walk and have my lunch outside! I had a spaghetti & grilled fish plate at 7$ there and got irritated at the sight of a fly. This food court & the one at the Tekka Centre are dirty! I go at times to get food at a cheaper rate!



Back home, I had a shower and sat wrapped in a bed spread, muri o naru, a chilled tea! I do not know why my hunger was not met today post lunch!

WHAT'S HAPPENING IN MY LIFE?

It's the same thing repeating every day & night! Ever since the son went off, I feel very lethargic! I was ready to resume the food delivery services, but no fruitful discussions have happened! I am firm on the fact the business rules set by me is final! Cooking chores have lessened! I have found, I am unnecessarily cooking a huge amount & variety of Bengali Food; not that Cristine & T do not want at all the Bengali Food! They just want less amount & variety!So, I have rationed their food and feeding myself to the hilt! This morning also saw me talking to my brother and Bidisha! I may be travelling to Kolkata sometime in March for a month, we were discussing the logistics! T won't be going with me, he told we should travel to Kolkata separately! I do not know why he wants it that way! It would be three years in July I did not visit! I wanted to go when I could freely meet people, go to the fish market, buy sari & salwar suits, eat whatever I want! I cannot go there and stay in captivation, I need to soak in the essence of Kolkata! Okay, once I was out today, the mom-in-law called wanting the recipe of chilli chicken. Few months back too she wanted! I know she would not cook it, she needs a help to take her to the toilet. Her / their daughter can get them anytime, these days they fear outside food! Off course, I would cook & take for them! The first thing to be done is cleaning my home, some minor repairs are also to be done!

WHAT IS THIS CHAI MASALA MISHTI DOI?

I have become a pro in setting sour, plain curd; I can take that pride! I also have two sweet curd / mishti doi recipes in the blog, yet not at every attempt I would get successful. Yesterday, all of a sudden I remember, may be the mother or someone else told me long back that sweet yogurt requires fresh & more amount of plain yogurt to get set! I think it was the mother who said, she too rarely did mishti doi. CHAI MASALA FLAVOURED MISHTI DOI  is just a flavoured version of the original Bengali dessert. In this gluten-free, vegetarian mishti doi dessert, I have added the flavours of green cardamom, cinnamon, cloves that I usually use to prepare spiced tea / masala chai for me! As of now, I am having popcorn & kopi halia kosong / ginger coffee without sugar & milk; listening to an old favourite, "tumse milkar na janey kyun, aur bhi kuch yaad aata hai"! Seriously, with the passing off of Late Mangeshkar & Bapi Lahiri; I am more hitched back to my teens; I had always been a bathroom singer! Padmini Kolhapuri had such a plain face but I found her very sweet; not really a fan of Mithun da or Sabbir Kumar as an actor or a singer respectively, both gave superhits to Bollywood though!


Between 3 pm & 7 pm, I ate three times. Tonight, I need some rice with dal, egg curry, salad!



INGREDIENTS : 

FULL CREAM MILK : 1 LITRE
MILK POWDER : 2-3 TBSP
PLAIN YOGURT : 100 ML
SUGAR : 1/2 SMALL TEA CUP [CHOOSE AS PER YOUR PREFERENCE]
GREEN CARDAMOM : 3-4
CLOVE : 4-5
CINNAMON STICK : 2-3 ONE INCH STICK

PROCEDURE :


We have taken the milk in a deep bottomed vessel and put for boil! We have added the milk powder to half a medium cup of lukewarm water and mixed well. We have crushed the whole spices a bit!


Once the milk has boiled for sometime, we would add the milk powder mixed with water & the crushed whole spices to the milk and give a stir. We would keep stirring often to avoid burning at the bottom!


After taking down the milk, we would put the sugar in a sauce pan on the gas top. I usually sprinkle some water, though Cristine warned caramel does not require it! I am not good with caramel making!



Once the caramel is done, we would pour it into the milk and stir. On boiling a bit, the caramel would melt and get a nice brown colour to the milk.


Thereafter, we would strain the milk and take it in another bowl.


We would beat about 100 ml of plain yogurt and add it to the milk and mix well with a manual hand beater!




We would then pour the milk to the final bowl for setting! We would cover it! We would again place a big bowl on it that can cover the pot!



Finally, we would wrap the entire thing with a thick towel. We would leave it in a warm place for 8-10 hours!


We should be done! We need to refrigerate it for few hours before serving! 


Enjoy the dessert with your loved ones!







1 comment :

  1. Presentation pohoto looks great. Recipe is really simple and i am sure it must be delicious. I would love to try it. Thanks

    ReplyDelete