Monday 14 February 2022

VEGGIES & RICE STIR FRY




RICE & BREAD DO I KEEP AS THE MAIN FOOD ON OUR TABLE!

I am an overweight person; many of our age have quit carbohydrates altogether or eat carb in moderation! I just get stalled without my share of carb. Few years back, I did away with rice, roti, noodle, luchi, porota five days a week. This went on for 2-3 years! One day, I felt I am unhappy! I questioned myself if I am really that concerned about my health that I am set to make this sacrifice or I am trying to please some one? That I am trying to look good in someone's eyes! I strongly felt I am stooping too low to woo people to take interest in me!This wasn't me ever who would want to falsely impress people. Wasn't I always firm on my belief that one has to know and love my true self enough to be with me! I cannot be the one to falsely persuade anyone to be in their good book! People need to know the real me, accept me the way I am or quit! Departures are heart wrenching but truthfulness gets us peace! So, I eat if I crave for something!I have no burden of making me look good, I did not take this pressure on me even at a young age! Okay, I do have the sorrow of not fitting into the fashionable dresses or having the right height! Wish I had the concern for upgrading my academics & career instead!I managed to eat all these today; starting at 2pm until now!


Those are ragi flour & cornmeal pancake! The cream cheese waffle was a sin I committed!

WHAT IS THE SCENE IN THE HOME FRONT?

My blood pressure level seems gradually coming down, if not reading great. My doctor did not prescribe any medicine! Only that I am not eating like a sane person! Not to impress anyone, we need to keep fit for our own good! I failed it totally! If I cannot eat what I want when, I feel unhappy!Last Saturday, after I had cooked a lot, the man declared his gum has swollen and he wants liquid & semi-liquid food! Last night, I discovered I can prepare amazing soup with any leftover raw vegetables!Off course, it underwent a couple of steps and use of desi spice powders!Below is what we ate yesterday!


I did require a little of rice in my soup that we enjoyed! Sometime later, I would capture each step and get my desi, spicy soups to my blog! The man is not wanting Bengali Food each day of the week, 365 days! May be next week I would cook Bengali 2-3 days and on the rest of the days low caloric food! Even soups need to be cooked for a longer period and with proper use of spices in my kitchen, I would serve them with roti & grilled chicken on some day; throw in some pasta on some day while serve it with toasted bread & grilled fish on another day!Bland food cooked hurriedly with less of love cannot happen in my kitchen! Today, let me share a carb filled vegan, rice bowl! Use a wheat free soy sauce & make it gluten-free!Today morning, the lunchbox had soup & the self made soft bread!


I only asked Bossy if he can have croutons in  his soup, why is he denying to have a mashed aloo-potoler dalna-daal-bhaat bowl; when I am ready to mix them well? Tonight, I would cook together the fragrant rice, cooked dal, tomato, potato & potol pieces; serve it with deboned bhetki mach! The person basically have no interest in food; this infuriates me! If I do not get to cook, what do I do all day? Either one takes me to some other country and let me get busy knowing it; or we go back to India, so I can find a job in a small scale local school!

WHAT IS THIS VEGGIES & RICE STIR FRY?


It is near to the homely Oriental Rice I prepare at times. I usually use ginger-garlic mince, onion, chicken stock cubes in it, did not use this time!I just wished to add some fresh, fried cauliflower to the basmati cooked rice, ended up using few other vegetables we always have at home. VEGGIES & RICE STIR FRY is a vegan rice bowl you can do best when there are some leftover rice in the refrigerator!Carrot is always there in our home, also the green peas & corns in the freezer! In this, I used dark soy sauce, black pepper corns; it is the presence of the cauliflower in it that would make you happy! I did not wish any other ingredient to overpower the cauliflower! Let us proceed to the easy recipe! I took a week of break from blogging; I was not feeling to! Lata Mangeshkar was not my  family but off course one of our icons!Some of their influence had been predominant! She outlived her life; 92 was way bit an age to go for the eternal rest! She achieved everything possible in one lifetime; contributed vastly in the music industry!Since one week, so many of her songs made a comeback to me, wish I had a trained voice to record them and share them with the people!Unable to, I sing them for myself! My greatest drawback is my inability to remember the lyrics. Or it may be  so because I have no pressure to learn them!I was reminiscing the past through her songs, let now blogging take its course! Music ke sang main chalti rahungi; "yeh mulaqat ek bahana hai" to "chal Chameli bagh mein mewa khilanunga"!



INGREDIENTS : 

COOKED BASMATI RICE : 3-4 COFFEE MUG
SMALL CAULIFLOWER FLORET : 11/2 COFFEE MUG
SMALL CARROT CUBE : 2-3 TBSP
SWEET CORN : 2 TBSP
GREEN PEA : 2-3 TBSP
CHOPPED GREEN CHILLI : 1 TSP
SOY SAUCE : 2 TBSP [I USED THE DARK VARIETY]
SESAME OIL : 1 TBSP
WHOLE BLACK PEPPERCORN : 1 TSP
BLACK PEPPER POWDER : 1/2 TSP
SALT : AS REQUIRED
OIL : 4-5 TBSP




We have cut the carrot & cauliflower as desired and washed them well. We would soak the cauliflower florets in hot water for about half an hour!




We would marinate the cauliflower, carrot, green peas & corn with a little of salt after been washed & drained!



We would heat the oil in a wok & temper it with the whole black peppercorns; add the cauliflower & carrot! We would stir cook them at low heat for 5-6 minutes!


Thereafter, we would add the washed green chillies, washed & marinated green peas & corns! We would stir cook them well at low heat, for 3-4 minutes!



We would add the dark soy sauce, salt to adjust, the sesame oil, crushed black pepper!


We would increase the heat and use two ladles to fold in well everything and stir fry the rice & vegetables for some 3-4 minutes!


We should serve & have it hot alongside a meat, vegetable or fish dish!




 

2 comments :

  1. As i said before, Bengali cuisine is really very different. This veggies rice fry looks different.

    ReplyDelete