Monday 29 August 2022

CINNAMON NUTMEG COCONUT SUGAR CAKE


 ALWAYS A FORGETFUL SELF, I TEND TO FORGET MORE AS I AGE!

That is by inheritance! What is alarming & I should mend is I cannot afford to be callous in the busy roads, not even in this supremely organised island! But I have some good habits, I usually use footpaths and follow the traffic lights whilst crossing the roads! I am more concerned about the son in a distant land, is he careful enough in the roads? My panicky self would never let me live well! I try my best, that's why I have headphones set whilst walking outdoor, but that is a hazard too, there are vehicles on the road! To shove off panic & disturbing thoughts, I do what I enjoy doing the most, something or the other related to cooking! This morning, soon after the man left, I made some extra efforts to make the son talk, but in vein! Okay, we understand he has a major shifting from one shared apartment to another in two three days but he is all through like this, all that Mumma-Babai thinks is that little did we get to be with our only child, we wish for long chats with him! Then, I had a small talk with the mother, I never call her in the morning, she remains busy but my call log says she called me at 2:50am, island time today, that is scary! But there is nothing to worry about! Thereafter, I mixed & matched two-three varieties of pickles, added bhaja moshola to it and perfected to my taste buds!



I also cooked a bharta to have for my lunch! I wish to blog about it later, not going into any details hence!

IT WAS AN WEEKEND NO DIFFERENT; BUT WE NEVER GET BORED OF IT!

That may be because we love to live & live well, that we enjoy watching movies & series after series! We have already watched both the Delhi Crime & HIT:The First Case! Besides, there were Hollywood action thrillers may be going on all day, I was either busy with cooking or taking a late afternoon nap! I may have missed more movies but not munching in between my meals! My yesterday's & today's lunch had excess amount of rice, I am scared now but quite unable to mend my ways & eat clean! 






Yesterday, for lunch, I wished to cook the small grained, fragrant rice the man refuses to have! He enjoys long grained, white Basmati! Starting Monday to Friday, I would eat Quinoa instead of rice, for at least one meal, preferably for dinner! Does it help? I read quinoa has more calories than white rice but it is a little lower in carb! Whatever, I cannot have the sides without having anything for my mains, we love our roti-prata, fried rices; they love plain rice with their choice of meat & fish! After over a month, I got home chicken on bone and thoroughly enjoyed the curry I cooked, just the way I do, the Kolkata variety of chicken! My refrigerator is full of cooked food, but Sunday night we had an egg, potato boil rice. Like the veteran females in my family, I like my mashes with mustard oil & burnt chillies often, also with butter or ghee we like! I can talk endlessly about food but how about wrapping up my blogpost sooner & watch a movie on Hotstar or Hoichoi? You see, it was raining all day & now we see some light; courtesy, the clear sky!

WHAT IS THIS CINNAMON NUTMEG COCONUT SUGAR CAKE?

This cake was baked back in April, 2020 and a photo feature done! I forgot what I wished to highlight in this cake, that it is oil-free or that it is baked with coconut sugar! Actually, if we use over ripened bananas in a cake batter, we can omit the oil! But not always I like the flavour of banana. I personally enjoy having flawless, just ripe banana but not everyday!Whatever, the cake tasted good, if you fancy no frill, plain cakes; you would enjoy it!



This vegetarian cake uses wholewheat flour but I do not remember why I used it instead of refined flour! These days, I use gluten-free flours too! How good at that time my bake mode was working fine! So, CINNAMON NUTMEG COCONUT SUGAR CAKE is a simple vegetarian bake, flavoured with cinnamon & nutmeg powders; it uses coconut sugar instead of white or brown sugar or jaggery! It is oil-free, the banana & fresh cream moistens the cake! While I write this blogpost, I listen to the jugalbandi of Rahul Sharma & Richard Clayderman, piano & santoor, both I enjoy listening to! A few genre of music is the fodder to my soul! Why Why Why do some say they want to die, destroy others? Life is precious! Text Books are not for everyone; selling tacos, chicken rice, tomato rice on a food truck is not a tough thing! I so wished to run a small, homely eatery!



INGREDIENTS :

WHOLEWHEAT FLOUR : 1 COFFEE MUG
RIPENED BANANA : 2 STANDARD SIZED
FRESH CREAM : 350 ML
COCONUT SUGAR : 1 SMALL TEA CUP
BAKING POWDER : 1/3 TSP
BAKING SODA : 1/4 TSP
VINEGAR : 2 TBSP
CINNAMON POWDER : 1 TSP
NUTMEG POWDER : 1/2 TSP

PROCEDURE :





We would be using 2 can of the fresh cream & 1 small tea cup of the coconut sugar!



We would take the wholewheat flour, baking soda & powder together and mix well!  


We would blend together the fresh cream, vinegar, banana, coconut sugar & add to the flour mixture.



We would fold in well and add the cinnamon & nutmeg powders, then pour in a cake tin. I used an aluminium foil, did not require to grease or dust!
 


We need to tap it on the kitchen counter!



Mine is a convection mode microwave oven; I reheated the oven for 8-10 minutes! 

I had placed the low height wired stand and on top of it the batter filled cake tin!


I baked it at 180*C for 32-35 minutes!



To get the best taste of a homemade, plain cake; have it fresh & warm!



No comments :

Post a Comment