Monday 22 August 2022

MIXED FRUITS OATS HALWA


 AFTER A SPECIAL PRAYER MEET, THE QUESTION THAT ARISES IS HOW TO USE UP THE EXCESS OF CUT FRUITS OFFERED TO MY GOD FAMILY?

That is the reason I prefer offering whole fruits to them which the Bengalis usually would not! On some occasions, I may offer cut fruits & witness, the next day the few guests that come or I send the "proshad" to, they would want to have less of fruits! Because there are either polao or khichuri, luchi, kheer, vegetables, sweet meats to indulge in! The Thai Pineapple & Chausa Mango varieties are of high order but mine got over-ripened! Something had to be done with the excess of cut fruits, I had offered a plateful of!


I think I should wrap up early today, just not feeling well! I suffered from cough & cold for three weeks! Again today, since morning there is pain in the throat area whenever I am to swallow anything! After a late shower, I feel shivery! I feel I have overeaten the lunch outside today!

THE REFRIGERATOR IS BEAMING WITH FOOD, THE DECISION TO EAT OUTSIDE WAS WRONG!

We had little of shopping in Daiso, Cristine came back, I had an island style lunch at Nex, sat for few minutes & took a longer route to home! I hear walks after eating, if not immediately after does not let fat accumulation! But it made me feel tired, why would a mere 5.6 km walk make my legs pain? I had this platter which initially I did not feel would be big for me! I enjoyed my food but I did not require all of them!



After having the fish & fried tofu soup, I felt full! The chicken mince noodles & the greens were too good but I was full! Only the white sauce on top of the sautéed greens I did not like! For the first time, I went to the mall's rooftop today; there is a gym, music school, enrichment center and a public library! I do not know why I never wished to be a member of it in these 12 years of stay! I think I have stopped reading enough! 




The kids' play area is closed at this time! Thereafter, I had the food at Basement-1 and walked back home 3.6 km, taking a longer route! Given a choice, I would not have done any exercise, not even a cardio! What makes me happy are small buys; today it was a plant tub stand for 4.07$ from Daiso, Japan! I placed it outside our main door!



WHAT IS THIS MIXED FRUITS OATS HALWA?

I think I already have a mango-oats halwa recipe in the blog! I loved it then, I loved more what I cooked with some cut fruits yesterday morning! 


I did not use any amount of sugar or jaggery or artificial sweeteners! In this island, fruits are of good quality & sweet if they need to be! I may tell you, I loved this vegan, gluten-free, diary free, quick made dessert with few ingredients; MIXED FRUITS OATS HALWA pudding! Our son stopped loving semolina at one point in life, he ate if only it had fresh fruit juices in it. Mumma totally discards the semolina part & uses oats to cook the halwa with a fresh fruit punch! I enjoyed it, I believe my son, T & the rest in the family too would! The father is no more, the brother & his get fruits for our mother, she cannot eat with her weakening teeth all the varieties; a soft, warm, healthy dessert would have suited! Also, my in-laws have stopped eating sweets & desserts for long now, it would suit them too! Anyway, diabetics like us should not eat too much of fruits either! Who listens? I am having my coffee with a Dollar Shop's 1$ cake, it's yet bigger! I used Olive Oil to make it vegan, using ghee would give you the best flavour! Yesterday for lunch we had two more friends willing to have "proshad", please comply, it would get you good fortune!





RIPE CUT MANGO : A COFFEE MUG
RIPE CUT PINEAPPLE : A COFFEE MUG
RIPE CUT BANANA : A MEDIUM TEA CUP
GRAPE : A SMALL TEA CUP
SEEDLESS SWEET ORANGE SEGMENT : 10-12
GREEN CARDAMOM POWDER : 1 TSP
BAYLEAF : 1 OR 2
SUGAR : 2 TBSP [I DID NOT USE, U NEED NOT IF THE FRUITS ARE SWEET]
OATMEAL : A SMALL TEA CUP
OLIVE OIL : 2 TBSP
I USED TOASTED & CRUSHED PISTACHIO & ALMOND TO GARNISH

PROCEDURE : 


We should wash the fruits before peeling & chopping them! We would blend them to a paste!



We would pour 2 tbsp of oil in the wok & temper with two bay leaves! 


We would powder the oats & add it to the hot oil, stir cook at low heat for 3-4 minutes & add the mixed fruits nectar!





Thereafter, we would fold in both well and stir constantly at minimal heat for 3-4 minutes!

We would add the green cardamom powder and constantly stir cook at minimal heat for 2-3 minutes!




We would switch off the gas stove, crush the almonds & pistachio; microwave at the lowest heat for 30-40 seconds !



We would transfer the pudding to a serving bowl & garnish with the toasted dry fruits & nuts!


I believe, any Halwa Pudding Dessert should be eaten fresh & warm for the best taste!



1 comment :