Thursday 15 September 2022

BENGAL CARP FISH SNACKER



TODAY, I FOUND MYSELF WAY MORE DILLI DALLIED THAN I AM USUALLY!

There is valid reason for this, I do not wish to divulge everything under the sun!It is true we cannot make people understand how we feel unless they are in the same situation! There is no point blabbering to people who would not understand my situation! I could have skipped writing my blogpost today but what else to do? I am unwilling to read, watch a movie or series!I just want to travel to a city which is not possible on this day!I am not in the mood to chat & I am never fond of greetings posts  from whosoever unless it is a special occasion! I believe those closer to me should understand we are there for each other when need arises! With the family at far I need to talk regular & with the son I need to every few hours; he does not allow me! But in specific situations, he has proved again he is wise and we should be proud of him! Only that mumma cannot take the long distance between us and him! Not under one roof but mumma wants to be closer!

I AGAIN HAD A BURGER LUNCH TODAY!

If T says fish is not meant for a burger bun, he is right! Burger joints are Western, they use sea fish fillet without marinating with a variety of spices a South Asian would! For long, I am nurturing a wish to cook & share in the blog my choice of fish patty for a burger! I think this is the high time I should! Today, I forced myself to go out for a walk, I did locally some 7.1 km and entered the mall for lunch!I was wanting a clean sitting arrangement with an AC working! I thought why not a fish burger meal for 5$ at the Burger King? It's not bad, just that my South Asian  sensory organ finds it a bit smelly!







I did not edit the above pictures today, feeling tired and I want to finish off with the blogpost sooner! But I clicked well right? On my walks, I enjoy clicking whilst in the quiet neighbourhood! I asked so many about the red berries in the last picture if they are edible,  did not get a clear answer! The leaves look like that of our kul / ber / jujube tree, after a bite it tastes like sour jujube / tok kul; I never swallowed! Islandwide you would find them! Had they been edible, I would have picked and made into a spicy pickle!

WHAT IS THIS BENGAL CARP FISH SNACKER?

I do not think I am the kind who would want to debone a boiled boney fish and go ahead to cook a dish with it! It is more so when you stay in a developed country with a mall opposite your home that sells a variety of fish fillets! Once, I brought home a Chitol mach / Knife fish, deboned sitting for few hours & cooked a curry with the boneless flesh pakora & potato! I did not find it worth the effort given my men do not worship traditional Bengali vegetables & curries & my family did not cook this particular recipe much but did cook a curry with the fish, at times! I ate but I can go without it! I enjoy easy going recipes with fish fillets, mostly with Dory / Basa fillets! Just that, I got a Bengal Carp / Rohu one day & the cutter at the Mustafa Center could not cut it properly; they spoilt all of the stomach pieces and this BENGAL CARP FISH SNACKER  happened, that is gluten-free, non-vegetarian, appetiser / starter!




INGREDIENTS :

BENGAL CARP / RUI OR KATLA FISH : 500 GM [I HAD LESS]
BOILED & MASHED POTATO : 1 MEDIUM SIZED
CHOPPED ONION : 1/2 SMALL TEA CUP
CHOPPED GREEN CHILLI : 1 TSP
MINCED GARLIC : 1 TSP
MINCED GINGER : 1/2 TSP
CUMIN POWDER : 1/2 TSP
CORIANDER POWDER : 1/2 TSP
DRY MANGO POWDER : 1 TSP
CHAAT MASALA : 1/2 TSP
RED CHILLI POWDER : 1/2 TSP
CRUSHED BLACK PEPPER : 1/4 TSP
CUMIN SEED : 1/4 TSP
CORN FLOUR : 1 TBSP
SALT : AS REQUIRED
OIL : 2 TBSP

PROCEDURE :


Cristine washed the fish pieces, boiled them in water & deboned! The major job was done, I thanked her!




Cristine washed, peeled, boiled & mashed the potato; peeled, washed & chopped, minced the onion, garlic, ginger, green chillies!


What was left for me to do? That right measure of salt, spices, chillies! 

I heated the oil & tempered it with the cumin seeds!Thereafter, I added the mince ginger-garlic and stir fried until brown!



Then,I added the chopped green chillies & onion, stir fried until brown!


Once the onion turns brown,I added all of the powdered spices except the dry mango powder & the chaat masala and folded in well!

I stir cooked for 3-4 minutes & added the dry mango powder & chaat masala!



I added the boiled & mashed potato, crushed black pepper and mixed well! I added the corn flour & stir cooked for a minute!




I transferred the mixture to a plate & made medium, round shaped once cool!

I had brushed oil in an oven proof plate and placed the flattened fish balls, brushed oil in them!






Mine is a convection mode microwave oven, so I had placed the low height wired stool inside and on top of it placed the oven proof plate! 


I cooked them in a microwave+grill combination at 300 power for 8-10 minutes!You can bake them! They tend to crack, if you keep them at rest for 5-6 minutes before taking out, they would not break!


I also cooked those bread-mutton rolls that day, get a choice of sauce & some salad!





 

 

No comments :

Post a Comment