Thursday 22 September 2022

VEGAN GLUTEN-FREE FRUIT HALWA



IN MOMENTS OF STRESS, I CREATED THIS PLATTER!

That proves my love for cooking & blogging about food! I love photography too, feels lethargic to learn! A mediocre never has that drive to excel! I am happy my way may be because no one at home criticises my lazy self, takes digs at me! This home is messy at this time, would be for another week! I am not irritated taking the extra load of work because of this reason, that I am happy here! Amidst all of that load, yesterday I cooked this platter, did the photo feature too! This morning, we had to go somewhere on an important work, T drove in the heavy rain & I was tensed! It has become a part of my being, to worry! I can never live in peace! But I love each day of my life! Back home, I clicked a quick selfie before getting busy again!


I feel a bit relieved today, a part of the stress is gone!

I HAD A LATE LUNCH; BUT I WANTED IT OUTSIDE!

The man is at home today, yet I wanted to have my lunch outside! I served T & Cristine Porota & Fulkopir Dalna, went to the mall for a late lunch! I enjoyed that Subway Meal at 6:50$!


Thereafter, I had a few things to buy! Back home, I started with this blogpost pretty late! In fact, today too I am not in a position to write a blogpost! Also, T is playing one after another movie in Hoichoi, my concentration is divided! Later, I would tell my readers in details the soup I am in at this time! I am not in the position to manage three hours at a stretch to write a blogpost! But it gives me pleasure, everyone knows I do not earn a penny from my blog, though I want to! I started to write post 6 pm, had our Darjeeling Tea in this manner!


T would not have anything with tea or coffee! Ever since the son left home, I hardly store a variety of snacks!

WHAT IS THIS VEGAN GLUTEN-FREE FRUIT HALWA?

This was for long on my mind, to cook a vegan, gluten-free pudding! I had one apple at home about to rot, lots of dates in store; also a container full of mixed sorghum-pearl-finger millet flours / jowar-bajra-ragi flour mix! I felt, this is the best time to cook & share this halwa! I did not really expect it to taste this good! But, I could not avoid using the white sugar! I wished to give it a nice colour tone, hence used a bit of strawberry colour in this  VEGAN GLUTEN-FREE FRUIT HALWA pudding! Any day, using jaggery instead of white sugar is a healthier option! But I am not that level of a health freak; I do not encourage extreme paranoia! We would not eat this dessert everyday, right? So, go ahead and make it as tasty as possible! We enjoyed it with luchi & spicy pickle!





INGREDIENTS :

FINGER MILLET / RAGI FLOUR : 1/4 SMALL CUP
SORGHUM FLOUR / JOWAR FLOUR : 1/2 SMALL CUP
PEARL MILLET / BAJRA FLOUR : 1/2 SMALL CUP
APPLE : 1
DATES : 7-8
SUGAR : 1/2 SMALL CUP [YOU CAN USE JAGGERY INSTEAD]
GREEN CARDAMOM : 3-4
BAYLEAF : 1
RED FOOD COLOUR : A PINCH OR TWO [I USED STRAWBERRY COLOUR, YOU CAN SKIP]
OIL : 2-3 TBSP

PROCEDURE : 


I peeled, washed, cubed the apple and blended coarsely!



I heated the oil and tempered it with the bayleaf & green cardamoms! I added the flour mix to it and kept stir frying at low heat!


The roasting took some 3-4 minutes, thereafter I added the crushed apple and stir cooked for 2-3 minutes!


I added  2-3 coffee mugs of water to the sugar & few drops of strawberry colour! I stirred until the sugar dissolved!


I added it to the wok and used a beater to incorporate well!


Whilst it was cooking at minimal heat, I washed & de-seeded the dates!


I added them to the wok & kept stir cooking at minimal heat!


It took me 7-8 minutes to get this gooey textures!


This dessert tastes best when served warm!














 

No comments :

Post a Comment