Monday 7 November 2022

MY STYLE MUTTON BUGLAMA


AFTER A MONTH LONG CELEBRATION TOGETHER WITH THE SON, IT FELT I MUST SOON CHOOSE A DAY TO COME BACK TO ACTIVE BLOGGING!

Not that I do not want to write new blogposts, an exercise I so enjoy! Just that there was a pause to my usual routine, a sweet pause so much so that I cannot get out of the hangover! I find it unbelievable we were just half-an-hour walk from the son! And why would not I have such emotional upheaval? No one can say I ever dumped my son & went out to party! With T travelling most of the time, our son was my world! I have spent some wonderful eighteen years with him! All my decisions and actions revolved around the wellbeing & uplift of our child! That's what parents should do, else they need not get a child to this earth! We cannot keep our child's interest at the last in the priority list, that is a criminal offence! I have always believed & expected the rest around to understand this simple fact! One's love for one's kid is an altogether different thing, we must discharge our duties for the other family members & the rest related in the society, of which duty towards building the kid's future on a strong foot is most important! There can be no second thought about it once you become a parent! One day, the son would have his own family, I / We would not be required much then, until then let us be there for him! I know I would never get him the way I have had in those eighteen years of his life, at least we should be together few times in a year until our end! To maintain a good relationship is required! That anyway majorly depends on the woman in his life, most of the girls think their man came to them from nowhere, that he has to consider her family as his! Thinking of the distance between us, I get weaker, I fear; in this situation I wish to pay maximum attention to his needs; everyone else related has a settled life, I do not need to think!

WHAT IS FOR LUNCH TODAY?

I cooked red lentil hotch-potch today! There is a specific reason why I was cooking it at 12pm on a weekday! But I refuse to make every details of my life public. Though people think my life is an open book, it is just partly true! I make public what I wish to! 



Doing this arrangement, I got late for my walk! The thing is walks, self-care, self-indulgence can wait; they are required but there is a greater call of humanity, of making oneself available as and when necessary! In her one-sided messages, this mumma does teach her son to reach out to people but keeping the self safe & sound, that is important! If a "mushur dal khichuri" has happened at home, I would have a big serving for my lunch! Thereafter, instead of going for a much desired nap, I am writing this blogpost. Its no force, I enjoy adding to my blog all new stuffs, it's as interesting as having those digestive balls, I love that of tamarind the most, but got a bottle of pomegranate balls this time!



WHAT IS THIS MY STYLE MUTTON BUGLAMA?

Few months back, I came across this lamb recipe from Azerbaijan & Georgia! I keep visiting the net to gather knowledge about recipes & various other news, that's when I came across this recipe made usually with lamb! Vegetables & meat cooked in it's own juices is not new to me! Following the family, I use little amount of water in most of the vegetables & meat, I let slow cook them in their own juices. I felt the urge to cook this Buglama recipe using mutton or lamb! Unlike our's, this recipe uses too less amount of spices, hence I had to add my inputs, like at some point whilst cooking this non-vegetarian meat curry; MY STYLE MUTTON BUGLAMA, I used red chilli powder & green chillies which was not in my plan initially! Doing this, I consulted a couple of recipes existing in the internet, not mentioning a particular one. And yes, I added some warm water, that added depth to the curry!




INGREDIENTS :

MUTTON OR LAMB : 1 KG
TOMATO : 2 MEDIUM SIZED
SLITTED GREEN CHILLI : 2-3
CHOPPED CORIANDER : A SMALL TEA CUP
GARLIC PASTE : 2 TBSP
GINGER PASTE : 1 TBSP
SLICED ONION : 1 SMALL BOWL
LEMON JUICE : 5-6 TBSP
BLACK PEPPERCORN : 1/2 TSP
BAYLEAF : 2-3
CORIANDER POWDER : 2 TSP
BLACK PEPPER POWDER : 1 TSP
RED CHILLI POWDER : 1 TSP
TURMERIC POWDER : 1/2 TSP
SALT : AS REQUIRED
OIL : 3-4 TBSP

PROCEDURE :



I washed the mutton pieces a couple of times in the running water & drained the water. Thereafter, I marinated the pieces with salt for an hour & washed again!


I marinated the mutton pieces with the ginger & garlic pastes, turmeric powder, cumin & coriander & black pepper powder, lemon juice & salt, washed sliced onions for 2-3 hours!




I heated the oil in a wok & tempered it with the black pepper & bayleaf! I added the marinated mutton to it, folded in well and covered, set the heat at the lowest!



I had let it cook at minimal heat, covered for an hour! We need to check every few minutes & stir! Thereafter, I added the washed tomato pieces & the slitted green chillies!


I folder in well & cover cooked for 15-20 minutes, removed the cover & added 2 coffee mugs of warm water & the washed chopped fresh coriander! I cover cooked it for 35-40 minutes at minimal heat!



Once done, we would transfer it to a serving bowl & serve it with breads or rice!




 

1 comment :

  1. We all (all family) like mutton base dishes except my daughter. Looks delicious but i dont think i try it in my kitchen. Thanks for the recipe. Greetings.

    ReplyDelete