Monday 28 November 2022

FRESH HERBS NOODLES



THE WORLD MIGHT MOVE AT A FAST PACE; I SIT IDLE!

What else to do? What was I doing since the morning? I made some chapatis for T's lunchbox because we had to finish the paneer curry I cooked last to last Saturday! Cristine & I had the same for our lunch!


I must stop cooking a variety on Saturdays because all of a sudden an idea pops up & I start with cooking arrangements on a weekday evening, click & serve past 10 pm! The best is to cook authentic Bengali Food for Saturdays & Sundays; then cook fresh & experimental for our weekday dinners! Then it would lock me at home. Though I stay at home most of the time, I like that freedom of going out for walks & lunches outside anytime! If you have a food project in hand for the evening, you cannot afford to get tired back home & feel drowsy enough to lie down on your couch! Today, I did not go out but went down for a swim! I wasted time struggling to remove my nail polish; I wear gel colours that are tough to remove at home! I tremendously dislike worn-out nail polish on my nails. Either my nails are well painted or they are totally clean without any traces of colour! I read we should not put colour on our nails 365 days a year, they need to breathe from time to time! Gel Colour is not good, specially when I go for cheaper deal; I would not go for a 100$ worth nails treatment, neither at home I can treat them well! This is my only luxury, well kept finger & toe nails! Just see, when the rest of the world is busy been productive, all I do sitting at home is beautify my nails! I do not have any other luxury but, concerning my face, body, etc. But I do not understand why a woman scientist or a doctor, professor, engineer cannot also apply a face puff, eye kohl, lipstick? Balance is required! Like a kindergarten & primary level teacher should be well dressed with make up & flowers tucked in their hair to see happy faces in the class! Does at all T wanted me to be independent? He guided the son to focus on what career would suit him the best! In my case, he does no help to start with something! Even I have no intent to spend from our savings, but he can help me earn a bit without spending anything! He does not even understand, he has no idea what amount certain news affect me, not even the son! What only is happening is that all the spammers are messaging me privately with lucrative job offers, haha! Wish this world be what I wished for, an utopia!

YESTERDAY WAS A STORE BOUGHT BIRYANI SUNDAY!

Sounds strange na, given I do not buy biryani here? Yesterday, T & I went to the Mustafa for a requirement of mine! Over two years, I did not buy a biryani, neither from Fakruddin, nor from Thallapakati, also not the North Indian kinds! I bought a packet from Fakruddin & yesterday the meat did not smell & was well cooked! I think their Friday, Saturday, Sunday's biryani meat quality & chef are different, better than the weekdays'! I got two jilipi for myself too! 


Eating disorder is a mental disease I suffer from! This biryani tasted good, the meat was of fair quality, but looking at the amount of oil / ghee deposit at the bottom of the rice & on my last spoon, I felt I should cook biryani once every 2-3 months at home! This morning too I had stomach ache! The thin chapati did no harm to me! Last night I had that fry & boiled egg with rice! A lot of rice went inside yesterday! Today again I am unstoppable! Fakruddin's jilipi are as fat as I am & each costs one dollar, the lowest in this island I think! It is tasting good, just a bit chewy!



Yesterday's treat was on me, I would make a public post after may be cooking my versions of them at home! We would lessen more frequenting the restaurants, the son loves a lot! I feel incomplete without him, doing at home at least engages me well! Let our child get a full fledged job, on top of that let all of the world stay safe & secured! It seems, the news around would not let me have peace! I eat, I walk, I swim, I shop but I do not remain in the best of my mental health! Dr.Gobindo Sen, in 1995 told me only 2% of the population do not make it back home by night! I asked there would always be a fear that 2% can have mine! I have to live with the fear all my life! 

WHAT IS THIS FRESH HERBS NOODLES?

It may be in 1982-83, these earthworm like thing flooded the Kolkata market! I mean it became accessible to the common man since then, our kind of families did not go for fine dining in the Park Street area or to the China Town! The later was a fearful area for our kinds living in the suburbs! I do not remember about the exact time of the normal noodles packet flooding our city but Maggi came in 1983, I pretty remember! As part of the evening tiffin, we would have it whilst watching Jonny Soko & His Flying Robot! What I cannot recall is how I coped up with so much of food; back home from the school I would have rice meal around 4:45 pm, then noodles around 6:45 pm & then a dinner at 9 pm with rice! Even a remote village in the entire India would sell Maggi & normal noodles packet, Indians did ferocious experiments with poor noodles; adding any vegetables, even turmeric! I wish to blog about noodles er chocchori too some day, I must admit I loved those too in other homes! My family never went to that extreme! We knew about the soaked green chilli pieces in vinegar then too! From then to loving to have Oriental noodles & fried rice at Capri whilst in college and then today, love for the same continues! Now the son is in college, his father has more affordability than our father; but happiness is to know the son behaves pretty middle-class; he does not spend much on entertainments! May be he would go to a music concert of choice, also we ask him to spend the weekends with friends! The streets in that country are too quiet, I was feeling eerie! What I saw was they are quite fond of ramen, I guess from there to here & in our country of origin, this vegetarian, vegan  noodles dish FRESH HERBS NOODLES would suit well! I enjoy my noodles this simple, we do not even toss it in sauces! Done with three varieties of green herbs, it requires minimum ingredients & time to prepare!





INGREDIENTS :

PLAIN NOODLES OF YOUR CHOICE : 3-4 PACK [100 GM EACH]
ONION BIG CUBE : 1 MEDIUM TEA CUP
CHOPPED GREEN CHILLI : 1 TSP
CHOPPED PARSLEY : 1/2 MEDIUM TEA CUP
CHOPPED MINT LEAF : 2 TBSP
CHOPPED CORIANDER : 1/2 SMALL TEA CUP
MINCED GARLIC : 1 TSP
MINCED GINGER : 1 TSP
LIGHT SOY SAUCE : 2-3 TBSP
VINEGAR : 1/4 TEA CUP
CRUSHED BLACK PEPPER : 1/2 TSP
SESAME OIL : 2 TSP
SALT : AS REQUIRED
OIL : 2-3 TBSP + FEW DROPS 

PROCEDURE :


             

Above are our seasoning agents!

We would discard the roots of each of the herb varieties! We would wash them thoroughly taking in a colander!


We would soak the the washed & chopped green chillies in vinegar for an hour, the more is better! 

We would wash & drain the water from the cut onion, ginger, garlic!


In hot water, we would add a little of salt & let it dissolve! 

We would break & add the noodles, stir & soak for 3-4 minutes & drain the water completely!

We would mix the noodles with few drops of oil! 




In a wok, we would heat the oil & temper with the minced ginger & garlic! 

As they turn golden brown, we would add the onion cubes & stir at high heat for 2 minutes, they should remain crunchy!



We would add the noodles, green chillies in vinegar, light soy sauce, salt as required & the crushed black pepper!

We would fold in well!


We would add the washed & chopped herbs & fold in well! 


We would add the sesame oil & toss well! We should be done!


We should serve & have it fresh & hot alongside grilled or oriental style meat or fish or tofu or stir fry vegetables or just with scrambled eggs!






 

No comments :

Post a Comment