Thursday 10 November 2022

OATS MATAR GREENS KEBAB


 WHY WAS I BORN THIS USELESS?

Just asking! Whilst the maximum in the world are out of home latest by mid-morning to win over the world, I feel like lying down on the couch for the second time! I avoid that, do go out for a walk; but on coming back, taking shower & having a late lunch; I cannot stay awake, just wish to lie down & sleep, whilst the world is unto making important decisions!I get angry with myself of not been part of this decision making process, of being a born lethargic who loves her home & couch the most! This morning I felt less useless a self, I was cooking what you see in the pictures; it is less oily, healthy & tasty! Belonging to the food world, I felt accomplished! I wished to do something with regards to food, but I lack strong determination, am lazy; more of poor adjectives you can use about me!

I DO NOT MISS MY USUAL WALK & CLICK ON THE WAY!

Today, I took a new path, was scared if I would be able to find my way back home, sweet home! Ultimately I did get the lead to a known lane without much of a trouble, on the way I clicked those!






Your's truly is less bothered about her looks; unless my face & body gets me crores of rupees, I need not bother! I was more excited to discover something similar to "Babui Pakhir Basha"! All the way back home I wondered if it was made by a Babui Pakhi or  it is man made! This time outside, I really do enjoy!On days I do not write a blogpost, I stay some more time outside, sit at a foodcourt or eatery to have my lunch! What's there to hurry back home? Mumma's boy would not be there at home by 4:10 pm back from the school! Anyway, where ever he is, he should be hale & hearty; safe & secured always! Mumma keeps worrying about him, the daddy has a stronger heart!

WHAT IS THIS OATS MATAR GREENS KEBAB?

Your's truly is miser enough to pay for a "hara bhara kebab" sitting in a restaurant! She thinks what is there to pay for it, making it is not that difficult as dahi kebab is! I am the last person to follow ditto a chef's recipe of hara bhara kebab! I would follow my own instinct using the available ingredients in my kitchen! My kitchen definitely do not have "anardana powder", so mine would have a distinct taste & I guarantee a good taste! I have added oatmeal as a binder in this vegan, gluten-free starter / appetiser recipe; OATS MATAR GREENS KEBAB! I got a bunch of spinach for a purpose and a little of it was left to be used! I think I made a good use of it this morning, hence it was a fruitful day for me! I hope it got me some money besides my family having it! But I am not yet out of my jet lag, do not know what I wrote all this while, I wrote in my sleep literally! That is why I am angry with myself, when the world is hard working, my body is lazy enough to look for leisure at all times! I had the kebabs for my lunch but they suit the best as an appetiser!


Most of my kebabs are done in the oven, I think I am gifting you healthy food, low in oil! The only pain is the fact I could not feed the son all these for a single day, not possible sitting in an Airbnb kitchen! To a palak hater, this could be the best way to feed palak / spinach!


INGREDIENTS :

SPINACH / PALAK : A BUNCH
GREEN PEA : 1 SMALL TEA CUP
OATS : 1 MEDIUM TEA CUP
GREEN CHILLI : 2
CHOPPED ONION : 1/2 SMALL TEA CUP
MINCED GARLIC : 1 TSP
CUMIN SEED : 1/4 TSP
KULAMBU SPICE MIX : 2 TSP
EVEREST KITCHEN KING SPICES : 1 TSP
CUMIN POWDER : 1 TSP
CORIANDER POWDER : 1 TSP
RED CHILLI POWDER : 1 TSP
DRY MANGO POWDER : 1 TSP
CHAAT MASALA : 1/2 TSP
LEMON JUICE : 2-3 TBSP
SALT : AS REQUIRED
OIL : 2-3 TABLESPOON + A LITTLE TO BRUSH THE KEBABS

PROCEDURE :


I soaked both the chopped & washed spinach & frozen green peas in hot water for half an hour! Thereafter, I drained the water!



I powdered the oats & kept aside for later use! I pasted together the blanched spinach, green peas, 2 washed green chillies!




Cristine chopped & washed the onions, also the minced garlic!


I heated the oil in a wok & tempered it with the cumin seeds! I added the minced garlic to it & fried till golden brown! I added the chopped onion and fried until golden brown!



To that I added the green paste, kulambu spice mix, Everest kitchen king masala, cumin & coriander, red chilli powder, salt; folded in well & kept stir frying for 5-6 minutes!



Thereafter, I added the oatmeal, dry mango powder & chaat masala, lemon juice! I folded in well & kept stir cooking for another 5-6 minutes! I transferred the dough to a plate!




Cristine shaped them into kebabs, greased an oven proof metal plate with oil & arranged them on it, brushed with oil!



Mine is a convection mode microwave oven, I placed the low height wired stool inside & on top of it the plate!


I cooked it at 300 power for 10 minutes in the microwave+grill mode, I did not require to cook the other side! You can bake too!


Serve them immediately with the choice of sauces & dips!


If you have them fresh & hot, you get the best taste!



                             

1 comment :

  1. WoW these green kebabs (balls) look great. I am sure that my vegetarian friends like these snacks. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete