Monday 14 November 2022

SESAME SPRING ONION DIM



IF I SEARCH THE WORD "FATIGUE" IN THE INTERNET, I WOULD END UP SEEMING TO HAVE CANCEROUS CELLS IN EACH PART OF MY BODY!

Yep, research if not done properly may land people like me in acute depression! Trying to be positive, I am considering it my after walk effect! I had to walk to the Tekka Market-Mustafa Centre area, for some work. I took a different route to shed off boredom, also I do not like crossing over the Mustafa Centre-Bengali shops area; go to the Tekka Market area only for the flowers & mutton, again come back to the Mustafa area! That too on a Monday when most of the markets in the world wear a dull look with maximum of the shops closed!I was walking just a block after the main road, yet got a bit scared, what if I get lost? But exploring new avenues get us some enriching experiences! I had never seen before this pattern of homes in Singapore, two-stories but not typically row house patterns! I liked the entrances! Once I saw the Farrer Hospital Board, I knew I am on the right track! I reached, I shopped and headed towards the Mustafa Centre & Rajdhani Stores!


I was determined today not to shop anything for us, so did not carry the trolley! That was a bad idea, the packets got heavy, but I must handpick each stuff for my clients! I learnt today M.A.Osmania remains closed on Mondays, got the mutton from Haji! I was desperate to have a 5$ meal today, that too sitting in an AC room; Anand Bhavan is the best place for that! I ordered a Ghee Paper Cone Dosa, was craving for a masala chai or milk-sugar coffee; restrained myself, cannot digest! 


From the Rajdhani Stores, today after a long time, I bought toast biskut & not Britannia's semolina or milk rusk! Last to last week, I discovered a samosa, jalebi & sweet shop in that area selling them at a cheap price! The jalebi I liked, today I got the samosa! You can try their's at No.3, Rowell Road! Their Vada Pao sells at 2:50$, Lassi at 2:50$, I wished to sit & eat! The young sardar gently asked me not to as it also houses a Bar! I was impressed; good behaviour is a big thing, I keep telling the son! I would visit a bar only in groups, not alone, never did with my young son!


Have you ever tried Gondhoraj Lemon; Ginger extract infused chilled Coffee or Tea? It soothes my system, quenches my thirst!



THERE'S YOUR'S TRULY DID A BRISK WALK JUST CASUALLY!

That's me; far from the crowd, challenges, unnecessary talks, arguments, competitions, pinching, back biting, misdemeanour!  


Given my love for food and the wrong kinds, I cannot boast of my body basics! Okay, we had to buy few things locally too & for our household, Cristine got back home with the trolley and I took a train to Potong Pasir, handsfree! From there, I started my walking journey today!

                                            



But what's the point, look what I am eating after a dosa lunch! For dinner, we would have a bliss called Hilsa Curry & Rice! No, I would not have proteins without rice or roti and live an unhappy, unfulfilled life of a Bengali! I proudly made some jilipi yesterday but we need not have it every week!


They were crisp & juicy for the first time, I have to do it few more times to be able to blog about it! I think I would not blabber much, I am tired, need to wrap up! All of a sudden, it started feeling awkward that I am not reading at all! I used to be a voracious reader! I hate sleeping in the afternoons, I have to stop that!

WHAT IS THIS SESAME SPRING ONION DIM?

Only last night we had our favourite "dim-aloo sheddo bhaat" in spite of having cooked food in store! 


T never expresses his wish to have a particular food on a particular day, that irritates me! The son too never asked mumma to do this or that! I would always go ahead & cook; because that is my area of interest! Also, I believe taking care of my family is my utmost responsibility, more so because I am a stay at home! I cannot think otherwise or have any interest in chatting over phone or go out for the same! Off course, I would not want the son's girl to be a useless sit at home like me! Do not we see around working professionals taking equal interest in home making, teaching the kids cooking & household work? I wish the same for our son; they should work together to create a happy home, I would not mind watching both working in the kitchen or doing the cleaning job! But I cannot tolerate if my son works out & at home, his girl remains busy with party after office, keep chatting, makes my son do the maximum! Both T & I have to leave the world with a heavy heart, our's do not have a sibling either! I would expect her not to cross the limits of decency as defined in a middle-class South Asian home as mine; yes, I am a bit scared! Where is that doe-eyed girl, every mother-in-law expects a daughter-in-law like her; we talked last May, thereafter she did not respond as yet! With all these working on my mind, I still wish to be nice to the world, share an easy to cook non-vegetarian, gluten-free egg curry! Egg & Chicken are good proteins; have them regular; feed your kids unless they dislike those! Force feeding never works for the body! I think egg & chicken are both bachelor friendly, I suggested the son to have eggs regular! This  is a simple curry with onion-chilli-white sesame paste & spring onion! Here spring onion is cheap, in the son's city it's pricey! Wow, i
n the past few hours I did not feel drowsy, that's a good sign!



INGREDIENTS :

EGG : 5-6
SPRING ONION : A SMALL BOWLFUL
WHITE SESAME SEED : 2-3 TSP
ONION : 1 STANDARD SIZED
GREEN CHILLI : 3-4
GINGER PASTE : 1 TSP
GARLIC PASTE : 1 TBSP
BAYLEAF : 1
CUMIN SEED : 1/4 TSP
TURMERIC POWDER : 1/2 TSP
SALT : AS REQUIRED
OIL : 4-5 TBSP

PROCEDURE :



Wash & boil the eggs in enough water adding some salt! This may take 12-14 minutes at low to medium heat, half covered! 

Let it cool down, get rid of the shell & wash the boiled egg! Make scratched on their body & rub with salt & turmeric! 

Heat the oil and fry the boiled eggs lightly! Take out! 

Chop & wash the spring onion! 



Dry roast the sesame seeds until golden brown & prepare a paste along with the washed & sliced onions, green chillies!



Re-heat the remaining oil in the wok & temper with the cumin seed & bayleaf; add the ginger & garlic pastes & stir fry at low heat for a minute or two!


Thereafter, add the sesame-onion-green chilli paste & stir fry for 3-4 minutes; add some salt & stir fry for a minute!



Add the eggs and fold in well, stir fry for a minute or two; add a coffee mug of water!

Give a stir & let it boil at low heat for sometime until it gets to be a thicker gravy!



At this stage, add the washed & chopped spring onion; fold in well! Do not cook for more than 1/2 a minute, do not let it's crunch go!



Have the curry hot with steamed rice or flatbread! You can see lentils & mutton on the sides!



No comments :

Post a Comment