Monday 27 March 2023

SPICY SESAME DIP


I HAD A RELAXING SWIMMING SESSION SOMETIME BACK!

That I did after spending almost an entire day! As I said, I do not know what I do since the morning until past noon! Actually, it is the updates of the old blogposts that keep me busy! The exercise of cooking from my blog & clicking way better than before gives me a sense of pleasure, satisfaction that can equate a romantic entourage of meeting your ex after many moons! Well, my beloved son, man, family, friends, the rest may be reading this but truth is always the right path, it keeps complications at bay! On this day, I refuse to get stuck & brood, I have so much to do! I want to cook & cook more; be a caring aunty to the kids staying here all by themselves, I want to click food & tread to different directions within the island; all alone, click nature & my self amidst it! I had a happier swimming session down below because I met coach Joe, a friend who I respect! He scolded me for not swimming as per rules! I went down as late as 5 pm, hence he was there with the kids! The coaches start coming around 3-3:30 pm! I try to finish off by 4pm because the kids not only learn, they enjoy jumping & playing around! I believe we should give way to the younger generation, I only expect them to be respectful towards their elders! The son was too well behaved in school or towards our friends but would always howl at mumma, does even at Babai if he bothers him much! He went after his father; you get ultimate freedom in their association but you cannot bother them by any means! I do not know if the son was equally well behaved in the high school here, some of his teacher told he is too quiet, he would not want to take part in discussions! In his urge to go to that country, he lost interest here in the 11th & 12th standards! How he picked up from a no grade in Computer Science to an A grade within two semesters is commendable indeed! In Business Administration, he is doing good from the beginning, we are looking forward to his April's grades! 

I ATE "JHALMURI" RIGHT AT 6:18 PM TODAY!

I am sure I would not have any discomfort in the stomach for having it! Homemade is safer; I added "chanachur" & mustard oil in moderation! Also you should eat when hunger sets in & keep some space in the stomach once you finish! Over eating has caused me the maximum stomach ailment, to over eat is a mental disease!


Ask me, what are those two balls? Those are "Roshbora"; a vegan, gluten-free dessert, my blogpost got updated! I think they required to be fried more! If in the morning I had lemon grass infused sugar-free tea, that is black, sugar-free kopi I was having in the evening! Yesterday, we had such a soul satisfying lunch with "echor er dalna, katla mach er kalia, mushurir dal tomato diye"! Some two weeks back, I got in hand that fabulous quality & tasted Bengal Carp, I still have some uncooked pieces! The problem is we do not get this good tasted regular here!


Yesterday afternoon, all of a sudden I felt the smell of a fresh focaccia bread is engulfing my senses! I never have made a focaccia bread, may be tasted it rarely here in a cafeteria! I thought I must try something similar, and below was our dinner last night! We thoroughly enjoyed it; the bread tasted like a focaccia, though not exactly it was it! Many of you know how beautiful the smell & taste of a freshly made bread is! It was crisp on the top & soft textured; the flavour was from the Italian herb mix I sprinkled on the top! The salad I like is the simplest; tomato tossed in salt & pepper!



When I am not cooking, my headphone is plugged in! I love being submerged in music; of my choice!

WHAT IS THIS SPICY SESAME DIP?

This was exactly on my mind to go with the fresh bread last night! T does not eat salad, but in a restaurant he would at times! I think today's is the simplest recipe I would be updating in the blog & it tasted truly good! It is neither a Tahini Sauce or a Korean Sesame Sauce or a Japanese Goma Dare! You may say when a Bengali fails to get a "posto bata" on the plate, he or she would go to this extent of making a "til-lanka-peyaz bata" & give it a coverage of dip, call it SPICY SESAME DIP! It is vegan & gluten-free & almost no-cook except for the roasting of the seeds & whole spices part! If it was with a freshly baked bread last night, it would definitely be with piping hot steamed rice tomorrow! Please do not get confused with the stepwise pictures, later I felt I need more of chillies & a clove of garlic to make it perfect; hence! Okay, the rustic I am, a mustard oil would suited me in the garnish more than the olive oil!



INGREDIENTS :

WHITE SESAME SEED : 50 GM
PEANUT : 1 TBSP
DRY RED CHILLI : 2-3
GREEN CHILLI : 4-5 [ADJUST YOUR'S]
GARLIC CLOVE : 1 OR 2
ONION : 1
SALT : 1/4 TSP
OLIVE OIL : 1 TBSP TO GARNISH

PROCEDURE :


In a dry wok; toast the white sesame seeds, skinless peanuts, dry red chillies at low heat for 4-5 minutes! Be careful, they need not burn!

Once cool, take them in a strainer & wash; transfer to a blender! To it, add 3-4-5 green chillies, peeled & washed onion cubes, peeled & washed clove of garlic, 1/2 small tea cup of water!

Blend to a fine paste, pausing & scrapping the sides in between! Transfer to a serving bowl & garnish with the olive oil!

It would go with various kinds of fresh, warm breads! A desi soul would like it with piping hot steamed rice too!




No comments :

Post a Comment