Monday 6 March 2023

LEFTOVER BREAD DUMP CAKE

 



I WAS OUT ALL DAY TODAY!

..... And it had been a fulfilling venture! Cristine & I went out for an urgent piece of work there to the East Coast! We took the yellow line to Paya Lebar MRT & from there to Bedok through the green line; the train would run overhead in this area! This way I did take to the son's school, it seems it was just yesterday! From the Bedok MRT we took bus number 196 & look where we reached! Who is the guy in red t-shirt? Joseph Schooling, the gold winning Olympian swimmer! The black car is his! Our friend was just taking me to him for a selfie but he hurried towards the lift! They told us he is too down to the earth & greets whenever they see him in the lift or elsewhere! These are the oldest condominium style with spacious flats & common portico here! A lot of chair holders at the ministry level stay there!


Cristine's ma'am does not really like taking close ups, her greying eyelashes & eyebrows get visible & also the aging skin! She feels a bit sad about the greying part, her hair she is dyeing for two decades now, ever since her prince was born! I had a brief chat with our friends sipping the tea, whilst Cristine was enjoying her coffee! We could go yesterday, us couple in a car ride but T wanted Cristine to locate their home! On our way back, we took a bus again to the Bedok MRT & I took another bus to the Hougang Central & Cristine took train back home! For me, it would mean two change overs & I wished to be done with the work there today, to visit Kushi's Parlour for my facial hair trimming & and hair trimming! Due to chemical treatment for perming & then straightening, regular colouring, my hairs got totally dry & spoilt! The friends' home seemed too quiet today, the kids were in school! I and T have less of romantic liaison but I simply love the weekend evening trips with him whether to any friend's place or for a dine out! I would always want to go for outing with the man & the son; until the son's partner expresses displeasure, we can, na? 

I RARELY TAKE BUS RIDES HERE!

.... It was fun but! Except for the busy hours, they remain empty almost! Once I reached the known area, got a glimpse of Vincent's chamber, I was at peace! The Hougang Bus Interchange was an everyday affair between 2012-2016! We left but I keep going there regular! I am soon to walk through the Punggol river side & sing along my favourite Bollywood numbers or listen to Beethoven, his Fur Elise; piano is such class! I felt hungry & had that almond flaky pastry at the Hougang Interchange! Thereafter, had the haircut at a salon, again run by two women I have had a cut from quite number of times! Then, I bought some fruits for the girls at Kushi's; had my eyebrows, upper lips & chin cleaned! Then I had that ghee paper masala dosa & teh-o-kosong at an Indian stall! This is a Malaysian-Indian stall, yet the dosa was really paper thin & tasty but the sambar & chutney were not praiseworthy! I had the best chutneys & sambar at the Arya Bhawan, an Andhra Pradesh themed AC eatery!


But dosa causes me acidity, though I liked it! When I wish to have something, I would not care about the calorie intake! Just outside our back gate, every afternoon these kids would play! I enjoy watching, even in India this is the scenario! But our son would not want to go ever! As a child he did for sometime, he was different & others would troll him; he would run back home crying! Perhaps he loved his mother's warm & over protective lap! I know, in those days, he felt secured in his mother's lap, I do not mind if I did wrong parenting; my child grew up loving home so much so that not a single day during the pandemic he complained of boredom; he just enjoyed ordering food from outside!


It is 8:20 pm now & I have just taken another round of shower! In our families, we must take a shower after a hair cut! I sat on the couch for an hour as I did an oil massage, that too we are not supposed to but head on to the toilet! I am feeling too fresh!



I have taught all these to the son, do not know if he follows or not! At night, we would have dinner with "pepe diye magur mach er jhol, tomato-dhonepata musher dal, aloo-bellpepper bhaji"! In the past few months, I was having a lot of carbs, my blood sugar level increased! I thought doing an 18 hours of intermittent fasting gets me that liberty, but no, it does not work that way! I have limited the rice & roti, sugar intake but cannot denounce them!

WHAT IS THIS LEFTOVER BREAD DUMP CAKE?

Although I would ask you to use leftover bread slices, I have used the soda bread I cooked few days back! I felt it was just not right! I would not throw it off either! In the process of experimentation, I ended up cooking this vegetarian baked dessert LEFTOVER BREAD DUMP CAKE! I did it in few easy steps, I am not a pro-baker! I have used my newly bought mini-toaster oven! I did one for us & another for a friends' family, for their kids actually! 



In the process, the entire Sunday morning was gone; I forgot to click our fish & rice lunch! I did not get outside food unwilling to change & go out! T has to agree to move this body from the couch over the weekend, that he hates! Our dinner yesterday was that! I prefer making such thin chapatis! About this easy cook dump cake, not exactly a dump cake either; except for the few ingredients, I used a sugar-free orange marmalade, that I felt multiplied the taste!


INGREDIENTS :

LEFTOVER BREAD SLICE : 10-12
EVAPORATED CREAMER : 250 ML
ORANGE MARMALADE : A FEW SCOOP
SUGAR : 1/4 SMALL TEA CUP [I USED BROWN SUGAR]
FRUIT SALT : 1 TBSP [I USED THE ORIGINAL ENO]
VANILLA ESSENCE : 1 TSP
OIL : 1/2 SMALL TEA CUP
I GARNISHED WITH TOASTED & GROUND PISTACHIO

PROCEDURE :


I prepared a batter with pieces of leftover bread, oil, sugar! I poured it in a bowl & added the fruit salt & vanilla essence! I folded in well! 




I like hassle free cooking, placed a brown paper bowl in the cake tin! Then, I poured half of the batter! Thereafter, I added few scoops of sugar-free orange marmalade on it! I then tapped the tin a bit on the kitchen counter!

Thereafter, I added the rest of the batter, added few more scoops of sugar-free orange marmalade & tapped on the counter again!



I preheated the mini toaster oven at 180*C for 10 minutes; placed the cake tin on the tray & baked at 180*C for 40 minutes or little more! Every machine differ, you have to set the time through test & trial!




We liked the supremely yum dessert, be it warm or chilled!





No comments :

Post a Comment