Wednesday 18 October 2023

PRAWN & CHICKEN NOODLES




NOODLES IS TOO MUCH OF A FAVOURITE!

I do not even require such frills in a noodle dish; prawns & chicken, this & that! I / We love our noodle bowls the desi way, to be precise the very middle class Bengali way using potatoes, onion, eggs! Well, in the present day, I would love a burnt garlic tossed noodle dish too! We cannot have our noodles overpowered by too many sauces & ingredients! The reason why I cook our preferred style of noodles! I wish to cook it regular but rice, chapati, dal, fish, meat, veggies; that is Bengali style meals come in between! Ever since the son went to his college & I started doing an intermittent fasting, I keep thinking I need not shop for raw materials every week, I mean fish, meat & vegetables! The amount of dry ingredients we store at home, we can make spaghetti one day & noodles on the other, a litti one day & dal-bata-churma on the other, radhaballabhi thereafter! Another day, I can cook a khichuri! I can have a choice of vegetarian meal for few days, the man needs non-vegetarian food regular! Like some communities, I can have potatoes as the only vegetable option but I do not allow myself! Also it is wrong to have too much of potatoes! The wide array of choice vegetables I must have!

FEELING FESTIVE, I THOUGHT OF ADDING SOME FRILLS TO OUR OTHERWISE REGULAR NOODLE BOWL!

I am not sure about the son, he used to order local noodles too whilst his stay with us, now too he must be! But my otherwise "foreign" man, who loves his steaks & sashimi with chopsticks & octopus fries too, would ask me to cook noodles with lots of eggs, onion, potato with a hint of vinegar! I may add the crunch of fresh spring onions to that! Our mothers did add carrots & green peas to noodles during the winters! You know people, some weeks I have to skip doing "Bengali Bazaar Ghat" & cook a noodle bowl or "roti-prata" or "khichuri-aloor dom" for the family! The idea is not to save money, it is also about cooking & serving fresh & hot! The son is young, mumma loved serving him a variety of food! We do not need too much of food given our age! The thing is I love to cook, the blog is going through updates, our kitchen is always busy, chirpy, happy! Your's truly has few interests in life; cooking & a bit of music!

WHAT IS THIS PRAWN & CHICKEN NOODLES?

It is common to add chicken & prawn in the making of a noodle bowl! Here in South East Asia, they heavily do it! I added chicken mince instead of boneless cubes & totally de-shelled the prawns! The son was not around when I made it, he would not eat a prawn with shell! A little bit of shell in prawn enhances it's taste! I would not touch a prawn whose black, long thing from it's back & the dirt from it's head are not removed! I avoid having prawns outside unless it is completely clear of shells! I like a prawn dish here, an Oriental way of cuisine perhaps; where a de-shelled prawn is blanched, tossed in selective sauces & served! The man's company's Dine&Dance yearly party is approaching towards the end of November, I look forward for the seven course Oriental menu! But this gluten-free, non-vegetarian noodle dish PRAWN & CHICKEN NOODLES borne out from my mind! You can see in the stepwise pictures how simply, with few ingredients I cooked it!


Few other similar recipes to try from my Blog are : NOODLES..... A DESI TOUCHFUSILLI FRUIT BOWLMIXED SAUCE NOODLES!




INGREDIENTS :

NOODLE : 300-350 GM
CHICKEN MINCE : 200 GM
PRAWN : 200-250 GM [MEDIUM SIZED]
CHOPPED SPRING ONION : 2-3 TBSP
CUBED ONION : A BOWLFUL
CHOPPED GREEN CHILLI : 1 TSP
MINCED GARLIC : 1 TBSP
MINCED GINGER : 1 TSP
CRUSHED BLACK PEPPER : 1/2 TSP
SOY SAUCE : 2 TBSP
VINEGAR : 2-3 TBSP
SESAME OIL : 2 TBSP
SALT : AS REQUIRED
OIL : 2-3 TBSP

PROCEDURE :


The following is how I prepare the noodles! I do not boil them but soak in hot water, a little of salt & oil added to it for 3-4 minutes! Thereafter, I I strain & wash it well, toss in a little of oil!

The chicken mince I washed & marinated with salt for half n hour & washed again! This helps to remove any raw smell from it! Then I marinated it with a little of salt & black pepper!

The prawns did I completely de-shelled, cleaned & washed thoroughly, marinated with a little of salt & black pepper!

Cristine cut, chopped, minced & washed all of the vegetables required!

I heated some oil in a wok & added the ginger & garlic mince! Neither I or Cristine can mince in the real sense! Giving a stir for few seconds, I added the marinated chicken mince, washed & chopped green chillies & stir cooked in high heat for 4-5 
minutes!

We would add the marinated prawns sans the marinade & stir cook in high heat for 2-3 minutes!

We would add the washed, peeled & cubed onions, soy sauce, crushed black pepper, vinegar, salt & stir cook at high for 2 minutes! We would add the washed & chopped spring onions and give a stir!

We would then add the noodles, sesame oil & use two ladles to mix the entire thing! We would then transfer it to a bowl, garnish with some fresh spring onions & enjoy!







No comments :

Post a Comment