Thursday 26 May 2022

FUSILLI FRUIT BOWL


 SERIOUSLY I DO ENJOY CERTAIN FRUIT SALADS IF AIN'T THEY ARE MESSY!

I have a feeling it is my duty to create innovative salads, so that my child can have it as a meal! Like, I would make raita with few vegetables in such a manner that T would enjoy having on days I make a bread with a difference. Because we are non vegetarian eaters, such breads & raita moments do not happen on a regular basis! Else a bowl of raita / yogurt & minced vegetables is a good thing to have! To make it edible for us, I do add a bit of sugar to it, not much! Because we are enthusiastic cooks in the family, neither I, nor my people have learnt to have food that is not properly made and tasty! I am too scared thinking of my boy eating semi-processed, packaged food! I / We repeatedly ask him to buy raw noodles & pasta packets & cook easy from scratch! He tends to buy semi-cooked ones which he further cooks in the oven! This is turning us mad sitting far off! I feel an urge to cook student & bachelor friendly dishes these days hoping against hope that my child would follow my wise words. He is eating outside of home cooked food since age 19, what would happen to his stomach? His childhood icon Jishnu Dada cooked his own food in his Symbiosis days, during his masters in Toronto & would do the same on his oncoming days of Phd at the same place. On my visit to Kolkata last time, I saw the young Jishnu who loved KFC Chicken & Porota varieties, is wanting smoothie bowls for dinner some days! About 12 years in a foreign land did not change me much, I eat rustic Bengali Food, okay having the sides with a mix of broken Brown Rice & Quinoa!


Mumma is not mad that she would expect her boy to cook these recipes from her blog! But she expects her boy would cook some chicken rice, fish bakes, vegetable stewed rice for himself instead of eating out day & night!

I AM NOT REALLY IN A GREAT MOOD!

My thoughts control my mood & I cannot avoid the happenings around! I would poke my nose deep into the matter and want to find the root cause of a massacre / event! Along with the innocent lives lost, I feel for the murderer too instead of cursing! The murderer was not born as one! My hatred travels towards the family members, teachers; the parents mostly! Why they couldn't give enough love & care to a child who gets to become an odd member in the society and leaves untimely! This is also a sad thing to witness if you say so! I feel restless relentlessly thinking about all these! There was a time I was not let to read the newspaper for a period! Things bother me too quickly! Then, I do not cease to follow my daily routine. I am busy since yesterday & until tomorrow, a food delivery is to be done. With all these thoughts on my mind & with a heavy heart I shop, I eat well. Our non-vegetarian trolley had to be exchanged for a new one. We carry too heavy stuffs, they hardly work beyond a year and half! At this time I am doing the prep work for tomorrow, writing this blogpost & having what I am to have! I sincerely pray to God be my / our child have a happy, normal life! Anything unlike is my failure as a parent! Every child is different, parenting should be accordingly!




WHAT IS THIS FUSILLI FRUIT BOWL?

Pasta do come to my home on a regular basis! The son & Cristine love it way too much! The man's not too favourite but takes in his lunch box, he prefers sandwiches over pasta; roti-paratha are the most preferred! Yesterday, back from the office he asked us to stop getting chicken, there is a price hike. I stopped him and told leave it to me, I would source it at a reasonable price as long as possible. I cannot eat the sea fish varieties, I have to have it! Chicken is not coming from the neighbouring country is true but the problem would be solved sooner is also true! But like in Kolkata, it is not necessary for us to have rice & chapati friendly meals all three times a day! A pasta & choice of fruits bowl, vegan like this one FUSILLI FRUIT BOWL is welcome to me! The fruits should be of my choice, there should be no amount of overpowering of sauces & melted cheese in my pasta bowl! Of the varieties, I enjoy the Fusilli & Farfalle, Tortellini, Ravioli; Spaghetti too. I hope the students & bachelors living far off from their home finds this useful!



INGREDIENTS :

FUSILLI PASTA : 200-250 GM
FRESHLY CUBED RIPE MANGO : A BOWLFUL
FRESHLY SLICED RIPE BANANA : A BOWLFUL
LEMON JUICE : 2 TBSP
FRESHLU CRUSHED BLACK PEPPER : 1/2 TSP 
SALT : AS REQUIRED
OLIVE OIL : 2 TBSP + FEW DROPS

PROCEDURE :

Boil the pasta variety in enough water adding a little of salt & few drops of oil! This may take 7-8 minutes!

Drain the water, take in a bowl! Add a pinch of salt, olive oil, crushed black pepper, toss well.

Arrange in a serving bowl, add the freshly cut & washed fruits, lightly mix and put for chill!

Take out after an hour or two, enjoy!


 

1 comment :

  1. I didnt try pasta and banana combination before. Looks great. I am sure it must be delicious.

    ReplyDelete