Monday 6 November 2023

APPLE CINNAMON DESICCATED COCONUT MISHTI


 IT WAS AN IMPROMPTU IDEA!

This morning, sometime around 9 am I finally decided I cannot get a fish curry recipe in the blog today! Early morning, I read about a post in the parent's forum & went off mood totally! My depression knows no bound & how can I stay well? A young boy, a year older to our son, who just graduated in Mechanical Engineering last year is no more! I do not know him personally, but thinking of the scene is too heartbreaking; that he was fun loving, adventurous! How beautiful the caption read, "An Engineer by the Day, Adventure Photographer by the Sunset"! I do not understand what might have been right or what may have gone wrong when it comes to the safety, security, longevity of the kids around! His father is sick, mother works but do not have enough means to bid him a decent goodbye! Such pathetic it feels inside, had he not been this adventurous, he could bring good fortunes to the family!

WE WERE HAPPY UNTIL THE ABOVE NEWS CAME IN!

We were savouring India's win against South Africa, Virat Kohli's century, Shami's wicket taking skills; in fact Team India's performance at this time! I cooked something similar to Fateer Pyazi bread as part of my pleasure activity on Sundays & then the above news comes in early morning, such a promising life & career was waiting for him! In this scenario, I wasn't willing to share a Bengali fish curry recipe! Also, this is the Kalipujo / Bhai Phota / Diwali week, a fish share would not suit! I had a "Bhola Mach" curry on my mind that I and my brother started loving the day the mother got it home first! Originally, this fish was not eaten in the family just as pomfret! The mother says, these days the brother prefers meat over fish! Our monkey son had always been a meat lover over a fish! My tiny green space, some cooking ideas give me solace when I feel restless!





Early morning, I cooked noodles for the man's lunch box & our's, clicked my green corner too!  Then I read the news in our parent's group, the deceased child walked the same corridor & classrooms our son does, it is a horrifying feel for a mother sitting thousands of miles away from her child! I had to pay tribute to the departed soul, at first I thought of baking a cake! I dug out half a large packet of desiccated coconut that crossed the expiry date, it went to the dustbin! I did have in stock another fresh packet! All of a sudden, I felt too lethargic to go through the process of baking! I have to have the right mind to go for the labour! Then this idea popped up & I took no time to go ahead with it!

WHAT IS THIS APPLE CINNAMON DESICCATED COCONUT MISHTI?

May I tell you, it was such a pleasure to cook through the entire process! Thats what I enjoy these days, cooking easy with few ingredients! Okay, we need to stir cook in minimal heat for a longer period for the dough to bind well! It is for the required amount of binding & stickiness that we need a bit of jaggery & sugar in the recipe, else the apple added makes it sweet enough! I cannot leave having sweet stuffs, at the same time I cannot have too sweet items! I wished to keep this sweet / dessert APPLE CINNAMON DESICCATED COCONUT MISHTI, a vegan & gluten-free treat, else the use of a spoonful of ghee / clarified butter can be a flavour enhancer!

Few other similar recipes from the blog can be the following; CHIRER LADOOBAKED BEET ER DOICHAMCHAM


INGREDIENTS : 

APPLE : 1 BIG SIZED
DESICCATED COCONUT : 1 COFFEE MUG [YOU CAN USE FRESH]
JAGGERY POWDER : 2 TBSP
SUGAR : 1 TBSP
CINNAMON POWDER : 1 TSP
OIL : 1 TSP
Garnish with a choice of toasted dry fruit!

PROCEDURE :


At first, you are to peel, wash, chop the apple! You will powder the desiccated coconut, then add the chopped apple pieces to the blender! You have to  blend both onto a smooth paste!

Take a clean wok in which we do not cook curries, not anything that uses turmeric! Add the sugar, jaggery & 2 tbsp of water!

The white sugar is added to get a better stickiness! Brown sugar does not help me to get the mixture sticky!

Once the mixture melts,  add the apple & coconut paste, fold in well! The heat would remain at the minimal!

At this stage, some patience is required! At least for 15-16 minutes you have to keep stirring to get the mixture sticky! 

Add 1 tsp of oil & the cinnamon powder, stir cook for another 3-4 minutes & transfer to a plate! You can use ghee instead of the oil for a desi aroma! Make any shape & garnish with a choice of dry fruit before serving & having!































































































No comments :

Post a Comment