Monday 27 November 2023

TOMATO YOGURT MICROWAVE MADE CHICKEN


I DID NOT EXPECT SUCH AMAZING RESULT FROM AN EASY MADE CHICKEN CURRY!

Few months back whilst scrolling my photo album, I discovered a chicken feature made last year or early this year! After much of hesitation, I deleted the pictures! I felt the spices did not mingle well with the meat & curry, given it was a quick curry made in the microwave oven! But I had on my mind to cook it sooner, with the same ingredients and using the microwave method! That I did last to last Saturday & enjoyed the chicken curry until yesterday afternoon! Light meat curries, chicken or mutton sets my mood! Like I wasn't that happy with the thick mutton curry I cooked last Saturday for our guests! The problem is I fear the raw smell, I did not use much of oil or spices, just that I tend to over cook the mutton for long hours, the fat melts & the gravy gets oily & thick!

I WENT FOR AN EARLY LONG WALK TODAY!

I was back home by 1 pm, dot! I have no plans to eat out today & tomorrow! Hence, I finished off with the out door walk pretty early as per my schedule! Usually, people go for morning walks, in this island any time is a good time to go for walks or run, they love running! I just wish to take part in walkathons but there are only races happening throughout the year! Running caused me knee injury, my last participation in a race was in December, 2019! I go too slow, almost walk & finish a half marathon in nearly four hours, no point of going! I cannot stress or push myself, I fear injury, even death! I dislike working in the gym, feels claustrophobic! I enjoy long walks & swim, in my own slow pace! I walked 7.5 km today, that could have been fine if my tongue remained in my control! I just love food! Anyway, I had a fulfilling walking session in my own pace, happiness is to know no one was there to force me with anything! We love our freedom at this home, I enjoy such clicks too!





I wish I could grow them & that home is supposedly my dream home, I want it in my dream alone! I am a panicky self, even if the man buys one such, I cannot stay! 50% of fear is of burglary & 50% of the haunted witches & ghosts! At this time, I have no qualms about not owning a home here, that phase has passed away! As long as the son scores good & remains firm with his aspirations, mumma wants to keep cheering him! She wants him to get a good job, settle in a peaceful place, scenic but have the home near the city centre, have green space at his home which essentially would not be in a secluded place! His parents are not comfortable about living in big areas with scattered homes, neither they want the same for him! We would discuss with him all of these as & when required, no hurry, one thing at a time! Of course, if his partner does not agree with us, we would not interfere!

WHAT IS THIS TOMATO YOGURT MICROWAVE MADE CHICKEN?

See what I & Cristine had for our lunch, the maximum are leftovers from last Saturday! The egg & potato spiced rice was made this morning for the man's lunch box & packed with chicken kebab, also Malpua! 


I so much keep eating outside, I am feeling home bound these days! After a walk or a swim, I am preferring to eat at home, may be twice or thrice a week I would eat outdoor! The thing is, when I eat alone outside of home, I try to keep the budget within 7-9-10$! In such a scenario, your choices get narrowed, I have almost covered everything within this budget that suits my tongue! Now what? At home, I do enjoy playing with ingredients, make lame videos of the steps! You have to remain engaged in some fruitful job, I will not allow myself to sit idle! This non-vegetarian meat recipe, TOMATO YOGURT MICROWAVE MADE CHICKEN had been an impromptu idea! I mean we keep doing chicken with yogurt & tomato, at times adding turmeric or at times without it, at times using yogurt alone or tomato alone, besides other ingredients! I have never tried a microwave version! I only depended on a rough idea about what I want of it; a light curry base chicken using a little amount of oil! The stepwise pictures would say how simple a gluten-free chicken curry it is!



INGREDIENTS :

CHICKEN : 1 KG MEDIUM CUT
SLICED ONION : 1/2 COFFEE MUG
SLICED TOMATO : 7-8 PIECES
SLITTED GREEN CHILLI : 4-5
GARLIC PASTE : 1 TBSP
GINGER PASTE : 2 TSP
TURMERIC POWDER : 1 TSP
CUMIN POWDER : 1 TSP
CORIANDER POWDER : 1 TSP
RED CHILLI POWDER : 1 1/2 TSP
SALT : AS REQUIRED
OIL : 1 OR 2 TBSP

PROCEDURE : 


Wash the chicken pieces well under the running water! I do not have to struggle to get water, I would not understand what scarcity of water is! I may sound like Nero but the thought of having non-veg food at a normal place does not excite me, did they clean the meat & fish properly? I will cook at home, I have a help!

Marinate the washed chicken with enough salt for an hour, wash thoroughly a couple of times! This helps get rid of the raw smell!

Add all of the ingredients except for the washed & slitted green chillies to the chicken taken in a microwave proof bowl! Of course, we would wash the sliced onions well!

Fold in well & keep covered for an hour! Thereafter place the bowl in the microwave oven, cover it with a microwave proof plate. Microwave at 300 power for 10 minutes. Take out and stir well!

Again microwave at 300 power for 12-13 minutes, take out and give a stir!

Add the slitted green chillies, stir & microwave at high for 10-12 minutes! We should be done! 

We can enjoy it with both plain rice & chapati, even toasted bread!












 

No comments :

Post a Comment