Friday 28 September 2018

FRESH HERBS & PEAS POROTA


Someone is back home after nearly a week this morning... so I have to blog about something the morons love... "roti-prata".... something like this FRESH HERBS & PEAS POROTA that is within my limits.... Unless and until I prepare a Dhakai Porota and blog about it.... I cannot claim myself to be a skilled "roti-prata" maker... Except for "radhaballavi"... "dalpuri" and "koraishutir kochuri" ... I am lethargic about stuffed breads. Lazy cooks usually have such tendencies... they mix everything together, prepare a dough, do the breads... ask Cristine to get a "kalo orna".... then does a "jhopa jhop" photo session lacking an aesthetic sense. I compare it with that of the finer people and curse myself... then defend my inability saying each one should have a distinct style. All of a sudden I get excited and send some secret messages to someone that may sound irrelevant... "arrey you were there... I know some award winning skilled people there with the same interests or qualifications as you... hope you meet some day...".... "you are a skilled writer & photographer" Yes... I am that way.... I wish the right people should meet each-other at some point in life ... exchange notes... learn from each other... growth assured. There are some people who stopped writing ever since I started praising people who are good in English... how do I learn language, nutrition and food history from you guys? 

Take the example of our style icon .... Indirra Sengupta, she is excellent in painting.... if you had seen her paintings on her grandma's old "trunks" aka aluminium boxes or wall hangings you will know.... she totally stopped sharing her work... I fail to recall her expertise during our school days, I remember I got C grade in SUPW... I had been a C category student throughout! Where was I? OK, it gives me immense pleasure to see immature kids with not the correct kind of associations grow up and circled around with the right kind of people... finally. I should be at peace but am I? Is it jealousy? No, it is kind of a hurt! I do not usually tread the same road I was forced back from once... let us explore new avenues. I absolutely hate it if people try to take advantage of my weaknesses, take pleasure in showing me pity just because I do not play hide & seek with my feelings! Yet... reasoning and the heart's call do not go hand in hand... pardon me if you cannot match my actions with what I preach.... in between there are a lot of factors... we are humans. 

There should not be any meat share in this space today.... if I am talking about uniting people... there should not be... in most of the cases I do not fake... let the family have the paratha / porota with "cholar dal"... "chana dal".... How am I doing? All fine.... surrounded by some positive vibes... what if the son does not use more than two words in a message for mumma... to him any display of emotion makes him less of a man... why so I do not know but as I say I explore new avenues... who will spare a thought for me... have some time to spend with the old aunty .... I enjoy my own company too, when I get bored with myself... I watch "Saifu" in a super white Aligarhi kurti-pajama with a black, silk scarf peeping out of his pocket.... mad fan for sure! But why did he freak?


FRESH HERBS & PEAS POROTA has nothing to do with the ups and downs that is constant deep inside.... no one wants to know the weird, old woman's woes, worries.... its all created... she actually should not have any... idle brains create ruckus for themselves. I am a senile who will be 48 in a month... do not listen to our mother... she may tell you that the daughter will turn 35.... Lets talk food... my food preferences are as weird as I am.... after a 6km brisk walk I had to have a "sugar free" black tea with "ice cream".... what a stupidity it is to have a scoop of ice cream in a black tea without sugar. Anyway brisk walks alone does not help you lose weight! With a bag full of guilt I ate two "porota" this morning... see how I trained Cristine... she makes mine... I do not feel like doing anything for myself... Cristine gets me facial kits, soap, etc. I only get charged up while gearing up for a fight with the senior... For a week I did not have to see piles of burnt cigars in the astray. There is no space in the cupboard to hold a single bottle... but the red & black packet has to come from the island's airport!




You see porota / paratha / flatbread with homegrown greens and green peas is no new idea... I have seen people blogging about "matar paratha" earlier! Even among us... if there is any left over filling from the "koraishutir kochuri"..... next morning it was / is used in "motorer pur bhora porota"... not mandatory though! I first tried to prepare "poori" with the dough! Then the carom seeds used in the dough did not allow all of them to puff up.... I was not comfortable with this turn of the event....


So, I changed my idea and prepared a "jhopajhop" mains with the dough..... FRESH HERBS & PEAS POROTA

My Cabbage Kofta recipe got updated... do have a look clicking the link below!

CABBAGE KOFTA CURRY



INGREDIENTS :

Refined Flour : 11/2coffee mug
Wheat Flour : 2medium cup
Green Pea : 2small cup
Mint Leaf : 1/2small cup
Coriander Leaf : 1small cup
Green Chilli : 2-3
Plain Yogurt : 2tbsp
Carom Seed : 1tsp
Salt : As Required
Ghee or Oil : 2tbsp + 1tsp for each porota / parantha

PROCEDURE :

Take the two flours, 2pinch of salt, carom seeds, 2tbsp ghee or oil in a wide mouthed bowl. Rub for a minute or so. 

Take the washed green peas, mint & coriander leaves, green chillies in a blender.


Blend at high for a minute or two with a pause. 

Add the yogurt and blend for 1/2 a minute.


Add to the flour mixture. If you find the paste dark in colour, add a pinch of green food colour.


Add water little by little and prepare a smooth dough kneading well. It may take some 7-8 minutes.

Cover the dough for 15 minutes. I am not always particular.

Open cover, tear out portions and smoothen between palms.


With help of a rolling pin or base, roll out small roundels.


Fold it from the top.


Fold once more from the side.


Now dust some flour and stretch with the rolling pin.


Heat a pan atop the gas stove. Add an uncooked paratha / porota / flat bread! Cook both sides till light brown. 


Add 1tsp ghee / clarified butter or oil, press with the ladle and cook well... both sides. We have to constantly adjust the heat!


We can have it with raita, salad, dal / lentil curry, vegetarian sides, meat curry... just do them and enjoy!


No comments :

Post a Comment