Not in frame of mind to cook complex recipes, I chose to share simple recipe for readers today. Its not even fried rice. I had some leftover rice in refrigerator, gave it new makeover using few available ingredients. Coming to details of recipe later, I am bringing together myself. One cannot be in great mood if one's own are not in peace! Then, I can't sit idle without any activity, That would turn me mad. I would either write a blogpost or read, go out for long walks, listen to music. I chose to write a blogpost, had it seem difficult, I would have gone somewhere! We had a talk with son this morning, we wish to talk every morning if only he agrees! Does he fear we would put pressure on him, ask him to do what he isn't ready for yet? Why would he even after our genuine assurance? I only worry for him, I / We can understand his situation! I wish we could be near him. Then, he is his father's son, he has courage to wade through difficulties. I can't shove off worries, Singapore would always seem safest for him to me!
Lets talk food, may we? These days, it doesn't feel like going for fine dining! Because I belong to food world, little more than bare minimum I allow. Let our beloved son get established, we can celebrate lot. Its for his own good, not to furnish us!
Yesterday night, I was full, yet had chilled watered rice. I felt heavier, sick almost. It gradually normalised. Eating less amount per meal is right thing to do.
I like cucumber maki, egg maki, chicken teriyaki onigiri at Umisushi, also green tea. I keep going there, choose a quiet corner, enjoy! If chicken smells, I am gone. I never order sea-food, cheesy stuffs outdoor! I can't digest!
Why would I if cook poori-rajma to fresh water fish, chicken, mutton, prawn, even homely pasta dishes at home? This little we need these days, son left home, our need of exotica is no more. If friends call, we join for chat, enjoy food too!
Last night, idea of rice salad popped up. I mean, if you use less of cooked rice, more vegetables, its rice salad. Else it makes SAVOURY HEALTHY RICE BOWL, vegan & gluten-free with goodness of corn, coconut, peanuts. Whether you call rice healthy is debatable. Its full of carbohydrates but definitely easy to digest. I believe rice is healthy if we control portions. I didn't fry the vegetarian bowl. I fried peanuts in 1tsp oil, prepared green chutney with herbs I grow, took everything together, shook well. Enjoy bowl cold or at room temperature! I would prefer rice salad but family may wish to eat as main rice bowl.
Few other easy recipes from this blog are SUGAR PALM FRUIT CAKE, BENGALI STYLE HYACINTH BEANS, PAN SEARED CABBAGE SNACK
COOKED RICE : 2-3 COFFEE MUG
BOILED CORN : 3-4 TBSP
FRIED PEANUT : 1-2 TBSP
CHOPPED COCONUT : 2 TBSP
FRESH CORIANDER : A SPRIG OR TWO
SAW TOOTH CORIANDER : 2-3
FRESH MINT LEAVES : A HANDFUL
LEMON JUICE : 2-3 TBSP
SALT : AS REQUIRED
PROCEDURE :
I wasn't keen about taking stepwise pictures, I told you I am lacking energy at this time!
We would fry peanuts, add to cooked rice with remaining oil, washed chopped coconut, boiled corns, green sauce.
We would close tight lid, shake few times.
Transfer to bowl, enjoy!



No comments :
Post a Comment