Writing blogpost is pleasureful, today I am unwell since mid-morning! I ain't under weather, stomach ache troubles, it got weak, imbalanced. I was asked to quit meat in 1994 by Dr.Nan, also asked to eat less of greens & vegetables, I have chronic Colitis he warned parents. Then, I may quit chicken, not mutton. I cannot survive without leafy greens & vegetables. I have constipation, if I don't eat enough fibres, I may die of discomfort. We request the health experts in respective fields to sit together, write uniform rule books in respective fields of expertise, else it gets confusing for us! I had been vocal about it for sometime now. I think local style greens I had day before, black chana sabzi yesterday, cheese slice Mac chicken muffin today; together caused me severe stomach pain while on my walk this morning. I went to the following area after long, about 7-8 jackfruit trees were chopped, your sorrow affects your physical health, we don't need degrees to know this.

We may discuss about each when I share on my social media handles. In fact, I do repeat eats. I can't digest big meals, it has become an issue now. A diabetic can't have Munchi pancakes, local chilled desserts regular. How I love chilled pasta+choice of fruit salsa tossed in oil. I liked chicken muffin, the breakfast items were still being served, felt muffin buns are better than burger buns for me, the cheese slice caused trouble. Not anymore hot Americano coffee tastes bitter, my stomach cannot stand milk, sugar. I didn't go too far from residence. I have soft corners for birds, animals, not yet ready to adapt veganism, gluten-free diets. One shouldn't eat anything moving like my man, son! We have to eat chicken, fish, seafood regularly; mutton, beef, pork cleaned well. Turning vegan is good move, requires strong will power!

Dr. Nan's nursing home was tiny, but too clean. Post surgery, for long I would drop down at Tala Park stoppage, look for his residence, not to gate crash. Also, he was 60+, I was 24. I kept doing it even after Dr. Gobinda Sen assessed strong anaesthesia may be one reason for my psychiatric issues. Dr. Govinda Sen was nice, last year I read there has mental hospital in his name in same spot. I would look for it, curiosity isn't bad always. The same fear came back December, 2024. It's not any health experts' fault, it's my weak, fear mongering self, I am sure. Why did I look for Dr. Nan, is it gratitude? The psychology within is complex, interesting but. Even in past years, I searched internet about him until last year when a friend told family knew Dr. Nan's, no one became a doctor after him, may be all kids went to the school we went. Which friend told I forgot. If I don't get my brain working, I may have dementia!

My life is ruled by fears, I can't bypass any, I have accepted I have to live with it until my end. I don't want to stay at home 24/7, I must go out everyday, I love outdoor walks. I dislike anyone instructing me about what I should do, what I don't! Above are few of dishes I cooked last weekend. You cannot say I don't care for my family!
Home cooked meals are best deals. I am scared of gram-flour, never liked "besan toasts", liked thin coated, low oil "besan toasts" few days back. Our tastebuds keep changing. The son, his father wouldn't ever have "besan toasts, muri-gur-narkol", I never force.
Making condiments, pickles / jam / jelly was regular in family. The mother bought a bottle of Kissan mixed fruit jam every month, herself made few varieties; guava, mango, pineapple. She used pectin, she did in bulk, I don't. I use only lemon as preservative, make in small batch, else spoils. We do need chemical preservatives for longevity.
I prepared this AN EASY MADE MIXED FRUIT SPREAD last May. Any day, I can eat toasted bread thickly coated with butter & spread. Earlier, I learnt about differences among spread, jam, compote, jelly; now forgot. Calling it spread is safer. I made it using few ingredients; raw mango, green grapes, sugar, permitted food colour, lemon juice! It's tasty, vegan. gluten-free, dairy-free. What else? I do need to know other's motives, intents, more I know, sorrow awaits. Instead, I would cook, read, write, listen to music, do Tai Chi, swim, walk!
GRAPE JUICE : 1 COFFEE MUG
RAW MANGO PASTE : OF 2 STANDARD SIZED
SUGAR : 1/2 SMALL TEA CUP
EDIBLE GREEN FOOD COLOUR : 2-3 DROPS [I USED CAKE MAKING ESSENCES]
LEMON JUICE : OF ONE BIG LEMON
PROCEDURE :
I washed, blended two handful of grapes adding little water.
Thereafter, I strained it to extract juice.
Cristine, peeled, washed, cut small the mangoes.
I blended them to get a paste discarding seeds.
I put for boil everything together except lemon juice, food colour.
I kept stirring, added food colour, lemon juice towards end.
Its done when mixture comes out clean from wok.
Once cold, transfer to sterilised jar, preferably of glass.
No comments :
Post a Comment