Monday 11 July 2016

MINT LASSI N SWEET LASSI..... YOGURT DRINK...


In this part of the world it is hot throughout the year. So, any kind of cold beverages are welcome always. When I stepped into this land few years back, I was awestruck to see so many kinds of juices with interesting blends they have in offer. My afternoon ventures are to try and test each one of them. I have tried few of them at home too. Nothing beats a humble, health loaded yummy yogurt drink we grew up having. Among us sweet lassi / sweet yogurt drink was more common. My mom infused in us the habit of having salted lassi also which happens to be healthier, appetising and digestive.

A family holiday beckons, after that a series of interesting events, new ventures. Before I get very busy with them, I thought of sharing two very healthy and yummy yogurt drinks with you.... one with  fresh mint leaves and plain yogurt.... Mint Lassi..... and the other is sweetened yogurt... Sweet Lassi. Let us do the very easy and quick Mint Lassi and Sweet Lassi together.


                                                                   




INGREDIENTS :
Yogurt : 1big cup
Sugar : 2- 3tsp
Black Salt : 1/4tsp
Lemon Juice : 2tsp
Ginger juice : 1/2tsp
Cumin Powder[dry roasted] : 2-3 pinches.

METHOD :
Take the yogurt, sugar and salt in a glass and beat for 2-3 minutes.

Top it with cold water and stir. Add cumin powder, ginger juice and lemon juice. Stir gently.

Serve chilled.



 


                                                              




INGREDIENTS :
Plain Yogurt : 1 1/2 big cup
Roasted Cumin Seed Powder : 1/4tsp
Roasted Carom Seed Powder : 3-4 pinches
Chaat Masala : 1/4tsp
Salt : As required
Sugar : 1tsp
Mint Leaves : A handful
Water : 1 big cup
Lemon Juice : 1tbsp

METHOD :
Take the mint leaves, yogurt, roasted cumin powder n carom seed powder, salt, sugar, mint leaves, water in a blender and blend for 3-4 minutes at interval.

Pour the lassi in 2  glasses. Add the lemon juice and mix well.

Sprinkle chaat masala and garnish with mint leaves.

Enjoy the refreshening, digestive drink, which is healthy too !!




9 comments :

  1. Yummy! Yummy! Mint lassi One of my fav and all time favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a fan of sweet lassi... looks so good

    ReplyDelete
  3. excellent refreshing and healthy homemade summer drink..nice clicks..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both looks awesome! I wish I could have a glass of mint lassi right away!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish I could have both. My favourite lassi. Soooo refreshing and yummy. Superb!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both lassi looks super awesome, sweet lassi for me, your list of ingredients of sweet lassi is different..sounds interesting, will try ur version next time...Beautiful share Soma :)
    Enjoy your vacation with ur family !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A perfect cooler..
    I would prefer the mint version :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect recipe luv this recipe

    ReplyDelete