4:13PM it is, wasted an hour trying to make vegan, gluten-free, instant dosa; both I, Cristine gave up, having store bought flatbread with fresh coriander-chilli-peanut-coconut-salt chutney I made! I wished to finish blogpost at decent hour, can't.
Being believer of zero waste, I added semolina, ghee to dosa mixture, cooked to get a dough. Once I finish writing post, would try kebabs. My man isn't "dal kebab" kind, accuses me of cheating. These days, I get tired quickly or is it about weather? This island's heat too seems hot to me; who else would let me sit by quiet sea, a segregated place without "browsing" my bare legs, low neckline, then conclude"bad woman"! I dislike rigidity, don't want staying imprisoned, neither want daughter-in-law to stay, become vulnerable! Not hitting males, women too criticise. As boy's mother, I have long stopped saying"men would be men", instead say,"protect mumma's pride about you, don't objectify women"! Son is our love, who may have multiple partners, but one at a time. "Mumma says its natural to fantasise males, females, not right to abuse either mentally, physically! Because female abuse is more than males, we are vocal about female issues. We need address issues like throwing female foetus into wells, taking dowry! Are these any way marker of educated selves? It takes few to initiate protest, no one does! What do we talk about so much? Set the wrong right first!
We cannot be flawless! Instead of pleading innocence there has to have discussions, open-mindedness to rectify our faults, else society rots! I won't blabber much today! My fingers are paining, don't know why! I had that big flatbread, fear groped, in morning I had vermicelli upma! Given my preferences, I can't take more protein, less carbs. Too much of protein isn't good for kidney health. However, I never scored more than 58 in Biology of the total of 5 years I studied.
Yesterday, at Woodleigh Mall, I loved my meal at this stall, variety of mini bowls served with choice of rice. I enjoyed boneless chicken with probably Sichuan peppers. A bowlful of plain rice is 50 cents, I asked for 1/4th amount of rice! We have to respect other's labour. I felt happy to see Popeyes shifted to upper floor of mall, I thought its gone. I must declare this in public, I can't spread wrong information!
Coming Monday, I would skip fasting glucose self check, this entire week ate sweets. A diabetic having "muri-narkol-laddu" doesn't speak of sanity. That liberty we may take unless in entertainment industry, have continuous heightened blood sugar level. Again from next week, I would check. Come on, we ain't robots. Making sweets at home uses less amount of sugar, jaggery, my experience says blood sugar spike is less in that case!
I wouldn't ask about quality of clicks, I aim, shoot, hardly learn. Its for pleasure, not sincere learner!
For years I see around how vegetarians make Manchurian Balls dipped in sauce, never tried, don't live with vegetable lovers. I have doubt if Manchuria makes it. Singapore tags food vegetarian having egg. I had bell peppers, cabbage, made DESI MANCHURIAN CUTLETS! Its vegan, gluten-free! Manchuria knows about it or not, I enjoyed process of making a vegetarian snack. Had I made sweet and sour Manchurian Balls, I had to prepare sauce, make noodles on side. You may try it on stovetop, oven.
INGREDIENTS :
RED BELL PEPPER : 1/2
GREEN CAPSICUM : 1
CABBAGE : 1/2 OF SMALL SIZED
ONION : 1 BIG SIZED
GARLIC : 2 CLOVES
GREEN CHILLI : 1
FRESH CORIANDER : 2 SPRIGS
CRUSHED BLACK PEPPER : 1/2 TSP
TOMATO KETCHUP : 1 TBSP
SOY SAUCE : 2 TSP
RICE FLOUR : 1 TBSP
CORN FLOUR : 1 TBSP
SALT : AS REQUIRED
OIL : 2 TSP+2-3 DROPS TO GREASE PLATE[IF DOING ON STOVETOP, YOU MAY NEED 3-4 TBSP OIL TO SHALLOW FRY]
PROCEDURE :
Wash, roughly chop cabbage, pulse, chop further taken in blender or mincer. Squeeze out water taken in clean piece of white cloth! Take in bowl.
Wash bell peppers, onion, garlic cloves, green chillies; pulse together in blender or use mincer to coarsely chop. Squeeze out water taken in clean piece of white cloth! Take in cabbage bowl.
Add rice flour, corn flour, crushed black pepper, salt, tomato ketchup, oil; give it a good mix.
Shape into cutlets! I shaped one, Cristine did rest!
I greased an oven-proof plate with oil, placed cutlets, brushed with oil. I placed bake stand inside, plate on top.
I cooked them at grill+combination mode, one side for 20-21 minutes, turned over, brushed with oil, cooked for 5-6 minutes.
Serve, enjoy hot, fresh with choice of sauce, I kept homemade Bengali style chilli-mustard sauce on side.
Note, it would remain crisp only for 30-40 minutes.





No comments :
Post a Comment