Thursday 16 February 2023

DHONEPATA KANCHALANKA LEBU PATA POMFRET



IT IS 7:30 PM; I HAVE JUST STARTED WITH MY BLOGPOST!

As I have told you earlier I am not irritated having to do the household chores! That I am unable to manage time, organise myself is what is making me furious! Actually, all my old blog pictures are causing me irritation! How could I miss the reflections in the pictures here & there,  with no focus? It is not possible to change all of the pictures, I can at least do some editing! This editing & refurbishing the blogposts in between doing the house chores are jeopardising the time management part! What is making me sad is the fact I am unable to go out for a proper fitness regime! Although, I do only walking & swimming, I do them without any fail from Monday through Friday! That is not happening but my eating spree has not lessened! This morning I did Bread Pulao again & see the amount! I have sent some to a neighbourhood home but do not know if they would enjoy it!




I DID NOT GET TO SIT FOR A WHILE TODAY!

I did a pav bread today & a vegan & gluten-free millet halwa too! I would be going to the Mustafa area tomorrow & won't be getting millets for quite sometime! The rest at home do not enjoy, and the Neogi family gave us big packets of sattu / chatu / roasted gram flour before leaving for Abu Dhabi! Their son is also our responsibility now! He had Dengue last November, he stayed with us for a week! Thereafter, I am unable to feed him for a single day, he is just not visiting us or letting me send Cristine to his nearest MRT with some home cooked Bengali Food! Girls are way easier to handle, specially those like Wisha, she would meet me at intervals, let me talk uninterrupted to her! But she would not give me more than 2-3 hours! Though we plan to meet once every month, it gets delayed! Let Cristine come, I wish to call this boy & girl together, how much of fun it would be! I would have been happy & content had our son got a second family there! But we have support for an emergency, the father's long time friend's daughter Gargi! She works in a bank & too tied up with two daughters! She wished to meet me on our last visit, we just could not! She assured me they would be there for any emergency! My cousin sister left that state, then a friend got me introduced to his cousin sister there! I remain too worried about the son & it is to stay for life! Oh! Let me cook some rice & heat up the food! The pav bread we can have tomorrow, bread at both meals is abnormal for a Bengali! This Mumma's worries lie there, her son mostly survives on cereals, milk, breads! Where is the time for him to cook? He orders online too but he is a student, lives a budgeted life! Mumma can feel everything, he was always served hot, mostly mumma cooked food while here, its about to be three years he left home! 

WHAT IS THIS DHONEPATA KANCHALANKA LEBU PATA POMFRET?

The son, T & Cristine like Pomfret, any variety of, I cannot have! Because it was black pomfret, I had problem cooking it too given it's too smelly! My folks enjoy fleshy, boneless or less boney fish varieties, they do not mind if it is a sea-fish or a fresh water one! I am too rigid & choosy about having fish, I would either have few fillet varieties or those I grew up eating! On some days, I can still have smaller sized silver pomfrets, not always! Sunday, I would show you what fish I would cook tomorrow night! Saturday I have other engagements! In some selective upscale markets in Kolkata, Black Pomfret is sold! We have always stayed in the suburbs of Kolkata, our wet markets are abuzz with fresh water fish, of different sizes & varieties! Okay, silver pomfret is sold in every market! Why would I have any interest in sea fish? In this island, Black Pomfret is way cheaper, 15-16$ per kilogram at this time but each fish are big sized! Those who are unlike me are bound to enjoy it! I have  used coriander leaves paste in this gluten-free fish curry recipe, DHONEPATA KANCHALANKA LEBU PATA POMFRET! You can see the fish is quite fresh, just that such sea fish curries do not generate any interest in me! Then, we are to rise above our selves at times! Mumma wants to wrap up, she had quite bit of workload today!



She cooks or does not cook, there are always piles of utensils to wash!



INGREDIENTS : 

BLACK POMFRET FISH STEAK : 5-6
FRESH CORIANDER LEAF PASTE : 1 MEDIUM TEA CUP FULL
GREEN CHILLI PASTE : 1 TBSP
SLICED ONION : 3-4 TBSP
GARLIC PASTE : 2 TBSP
TURMERIC POWDER : 1/2 TSP
KHAFFIR LIME LEAF : 2-3
SALT : AS REQUIRED
NIGELLA SEED / KALOJEEREY : 1/4 TSP
BAY LEAF : 1
OIL : 4-5 TBSP

PROCEDURE :

Get the fish steaks cut by your fish vendor! Wash them well! Marinate with a good amount of salt & keep for an hour! Thereafter wash under running water well!

Again marinate with some salt & turmeric! Heat the oil in a wok & lightly fry the fish steaks, do not deep fry! Take out!

In the remaining oil, add the nigella seeds & a bay leaf! Give a stir & add the washed onion slices & fry until golden brown! Add the garlic paste & stir cook at low heat for 2-3 minutes, add 1 1/2 coffee mug of water!

When the gravy starts boiling, add half of the chilli-coriander leaves paste & the lemon leaves! Let boil for few minutes!

Add the lightly fried fish steaks now & let simmer for 5-6 minutes at low heat! Thereafter add the rest of the coriander paste & salt to adjust! Give a stir & let cook for a minute at low heat! We should be done!







 

1 comment :

  1. It sounds like you have such a busy life! This fish dish looks really interesting.

    ReplyDelete