Monday 7 September 2020

CINNAMON & NUTMEG FLAVOURED OATS APPLE CAKE


I really wished to blog about this oats & apple cake today which I prepared last Friday. I am usually very prompt and eager to share the recipe of the cooked dishes that become an instant hit in the family. The men are travelling at this time; I am pretty sure they would have enjoyed this bake of mine. They actually have also eaten the worst bakes of mine all these years. I only share in public those of my bakes which are decent and taste good. This is an apple loving family, if they are sweet. Apple is almost always in stock. We need to acquire the taste of green apple which I think is not possible in this lifetime. However, I feel green apple is truly meant for great baking or in fruit salads topped with cream.

This vegetarian bake, a simple oats cake CINNAMON & NUTMEG FLAVOURED OATS APPLE CAKE is done using deliciously sweet and lusciously red apples. I just forgot which variety it is, they are so many in offer here. I am having a serious headache since morning, may be I had spent more amount of time on social media yesterday or did not have good amount of sleep at night. Menopause is approaching fast I guess, I am menstruating at seven days of interval. That is causing physical stress in addition to mental stress in me. Headache can be a byproduct of that.

Okay, the above portion was written in the morning, thereafter I was lying. The severe headache and bloating did not let me go out for a walk. Cristine thinks I am taking too much of mental stress with regards to the son's moving away from home. I have inherited this condition from the mother. This headache thing is related to our stomach. I think yesterday's vada and ikanbilis rice from the food court could not be friendly with me. I overate perhaps. I do not know why I eat outside when I cook so much at home. Coming to the share today, everything about the simple, vegetarian oats & apple cake CINNAMON & NUTMEG FLAVOURED OATS APPLE CAKE was good but the oats crumble turned soft by the next morning. Yet, it tasted good and  the recipe is worth sharing.






INGREDIENTS :

POWDERED OATS :  2 COFFEE MUG + 1 SMALL TEA CUP
APPLE : 3
BAKING POWDER : 2 TSP
BAKING SODA : 1 TSP
PLAIN YOGURT : 2 SMALL TEA CUP
VINEGAR : 2 TSP
BROWN SUGAR : 6 TBSP
CINNAMON POWDER : 2 TSP
NUTMEG POWDER : 11/2 TSP
BUTTER : 2-3 TBSP AT ROOM TEMPERATURE
OIL : 1/3 SMALL TEA CUP

PROCEDURE :

The following are the ingredients we are using. 




We have powdered one small cup of oats and mixed it with the butter and some brown sugar.



We have washed, cut, chopped the apples and mixed it with cinnamon powder and brown sugar.



We have powdered 2 coffee mugs of oats, added the baking soda & baking powder, mixed well.




We have blended together the plain yogurt, vinegar, oil, sugar, cinnamon & nutmeg powders.




We have prepared a batter adding it to the oat meal mix.



We have poured it to an aluminium foiled tin; actually two of them.



We have topped it with the chopped apples.



On top of that, we have added the crumble and pressed it little.




Mine is a convection mode microwave oven. I had placed the low wired stool inside and preheated the oven for 10 minutes at 180*C.

I had baked the cake at 180*C for 40 minutes.




I think you will enjoy this simple bake.



No comments :

Post a Comment