Monday 17 January 2022

SUGAR-FREE OATS SNACKER


 

WHAT DO I DO WITH THE CASHEW NUTS & RAISINS I OFFER EACH DAY, THREE TIMES TO MY GOD FAMILY?

I prepare this kind of sweets & snacks! Haven't you seen similar recipes in my space for the past one year or little more? All of them are good for our body, trust me! Actually, we are typical Middle-class Bengalis; the family veterans believed in the power of "mach & khati gorur dudh" instead of that of the dry fruits! The latter to us kids were something to do with Kabuliwala & Kashmir; that paradise. It was in 1987 we went there after my 10th board examinations. It was a pleasant weathered October and this romantic teen of the time wished to go back there with her special someone, may not be to eat akhrot & apple alone. Till date, she does not live in reality, she sculpted a figure of that someone from her imagination, with bits and pieces of all the qualities she would love to see in a person. Its off course was an him; he who might have been impossible to be found in reality! I am full of flaws but the partner in my dream needed to be flawless. In the present day 2022, if anything has changed  is the acceptance that such a person cannot exist on this earth; the one who can walk with me miles after miles in the terrains of the Paradise without comparing me with Ms.Nene or Sridevi, would not measure my body basics wanting it to be that of Brook Shields. Actually, in the rocky terrains; I get breathing trouble, and I pee often, puke too; I desperately need a T by my side who never frown when I get this unromantic at a tourist spot. Our son stands proof of the stupid acts I do while on travel. Perhaps so I often visit Long John Silvers', as did today and do not forget to ring the bell in gratitude! I requested for a corn cup & a black coffee instead of the potato fries & the aerated drink; they served me without charging extra!




What I do not want T to do is the noise he makes without much of provocations. I am hating his taking to whisky for a year, he was fine with wine & beer. Weekends we should go out, shop a little, eat a bit!You cannot blame, the rude behaviour is by inheritance! The son grew up watching all these, wish he listened to me & be a soft spoken, gentle being! Life is not what we want it to be but what it is destined to be!

ALTHOUGH I KNEW I WOULD SHARE A NEW FOOD POST; I HAD TO VENTURE OUT FOR SOME WORK!

Like any nuts would, I got scratches on my glasses cleaning it with bath towels. Also, the power needed to be checked! All this while I waited for our India visit; our family's Eye Surgeon stays in Kolkata! Now, it became an urgency; my vision got impaired! Just like the absence of repentance in T & P, for their rude gestures at times; my silly acts are also a cause of irritation. Because T would never say why I cannot be little careful and value his hard earned money; I do not take too much to heart their noise, not at all time they do! I hardly stick to complaints, I had set out on foot today perfectly accompanied by one of my favourite genre of music; Spanish Flamenco. I may not have the in-depth understanding of it, I just love to listen! This is a good collection I found in Spotify!


Music is strength, healer! All of the Sunday we sat tight at home; Cristine was out. We perhaps got mentally dependant on her after the son went far off. T hates doing household work although his father gave utmost service to his mother! I cannot stay alone all day at home! Then, let it be. Its for her I finish off the Sunday cooking by Saturday and watch television all of the Sunday. With the son leaving the day before; there was no question of getting outside food yesterday! Our lunch was the cabbage cooked with dried anchovy & a chicken curry I made! I am to blog about that chicken! In the evening; I had to have a dry cake & ribbon twist with the fabulous "masala chai" I made. However, my system refuses milk tea regular. At dinner, I ate decent after a long time; tomato & red lentil soup! To the man, I served fish curry, small fish fry & lentils.





If I have a helping hand, I won't bother if my men want to do household work or not! I only expect of them to speak in low volume and sweet; that they deny! Its by inheritance for sure; how much people try to do damage control these days; I would insist on this and won't ever forget what behaviour was meted out to me! I would keep it formal & really so!

WHAT IS THIS SUGAR-FREE OATS SNACKER?

My readers know, over a year I offer my God Family a little bit of dry fruits thrice a day! My family may consider it a show off; the mother to be precise. The amount Bhai spends on his cigar intake & outside food; he however is never bothered with anything that is outside his periphery of interest! What would I do with the "michri, batasha, nokuldana" stored? I hardly use that much of sweet in desserts these days! So, here is a good use of the cashew nuts & raisins this time, adding oats & desiccated coconut to it! I prepared an almost no-cook, non-diary, vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free snacks. I named it SUGAR-FREE OATS SNACKER. The son enjoyed having it on his stay! Yes, two stalwarts from the Indian Cultural Scenario passed away earlier this day, I may not be sharing the perfect food plate on the day! But, it is also a 18th January tomorrow and I worship the youth; I sincerely wish them to grow well, positive and flourish!



INGREDIENTS :

CASHEW NUT : 1 /2 COFFEE MUG
RAISIN : 1/2 COFFEE MUG
OATS : 1 COFFEE MUG
DESICCATED COCONUT : 1/4 COFFEE MUG

PROCEDURE :



We would take all the ingredients in a wok & switch on the gas stove. We would slowly roast them all at minimal heat for 7-8 minutes.



We would switch off the gas stove and pour them in a blender. We would close it tight with the lid and leave them to cool!


We have to blend when the ingredients are still warm. We actually have to pulse & stop; repeat a few times. What we want is a coarse powder & not a fine powder! Cashew Nuts would give out oil & the raisins stickiness!


Because I did not use ghee or sugar, I was finding it a bit difficult to bind them. I wished to keep the snack vegan and managed to give it a shape!


I indeed greased my palms with few drops of oil! I did them back on 6th of January and I still have a few left in the refrigerator! May I tell you, they taste the best when fresh!


Even if we are refrigerating, we must take them out earlier and bring them to the normal temperature before consuming!



2 comments :

  1. WoW these snacks look great! Maybe honey is used instead of sugar. This really goes well with our tea-breaks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honey wasn't required either, the raisins were enough!

      Delete