Monday 31 January 2022

DESICCATED COCONUT BANANA CAKE


 

A CAKE BAKE HAPPENS REGULAR IN MY HOME!

They are a bit unusual because I try to prepare vegan & gluten-free ones! This particular one I prepared back in the month of September, 2021! Time is flying too fast and I try to make it go slow; "Samay tanik dhirey chalo;  come & sit beside me"! I am not tired of living; the world seems to me varied, vast; I may be able to explore a minuscule part of it in this lifetime! It cannot be a boring affair waking up each morning; just that I am physically tired may be; my mental health had never been fresh & fair! You need not give too much of attention to your don't haves, they are a part of your living! In case, waking up feels boring; you must consult an expert or a proper yoga guru. I find a great thing like yoga boring; else my parents tried a lot deploying good teachers for me. Today it feels, if I got someone to come and teach me everyday or at least 3-4 days a week, I would have been in a better position! Because one day of class is not enough for a lethargic like me; unless there is someone to push me, make me do; I won't move! And T is least bothered! I feel bad he had to pay a huge amount for my new spectacles; also continuously a couple of medicines. I did nothing fruitful until now; amidst such an empty feeling; the blogposts moving towards the number one thousand is a feel good factor! Hope it stays with my readers even after me!

I AM NEVER TIRED OF GOING FOR FOOD VENTURES, NEITHER TO SHARE MY EXPERIENCES IN PUBLIC!

Take the example of today! Yesterday, one of my regular client asked me if I can cater on Tuesday evening! My answer would be an yes so long I can because it gets me dollars! This morning, I find the wet markets closed; I had to pick up stuffs from the GIANT & NTUC SUPER MARTS! They indeed sell fresh fish & meat, vegetables! I although prefer a wet market for raw fish, meat & vegetables! Its the New Year Celebrations here; every thing would be closed today afternoon onwards! I could not control the greed of earning few dollars! I came back home around 12 pm and sat to arrange the pictures required for the blogpost! Cristine meanwhile went to buy cartons of cigarettes, her Sir cannot survive without it! She came back and I went out for a short walk. I could have gone down for a swim but I wished to have a "dokaner karak cha o biskut". That was okay but I should not have eaten the "badam gur & amriti" around 2:30 pm!



I cross passed the neighbourhood park; actually there are quite a few but smaller sized, I do not like "gol-gol ghumna". Today, I did not follow the rule of not doing a brisk walk immediately after having food!


Back home around 4 pm, I had to do some prep work for my tomorrow's food order & Cristine would do the breading! Unless I refrigerate the breaded stuffs for a day, I fear breakage while frying!


Around 5 pm, I ate the above. Porotas done from the leftover dough of the potato-radish leaves-flours; Thai Sweet Chilli Sauce & Palak Pakoras from yesterday's leftover batter & ginger-black coffee; chilled & without sugar & milk! Again, we would eat rice, Bhola mach er jhol, dal, mochar ghonto at night!





Yesterday too we ate everything homemade! Only in the night time; I served T Hilsa curry & Mochar Ghonto with rice; I ate Muri o Payesh! The white eggs crate Cristine was asked to get from the Mustafa Centre on her way back from her off day! You need to get it when you are hands free, locally white eggs are sold only in a pack of 6. I wished to taste the Kolkata style white ones, this home gets a crate of 30 eggs which is a good savings! For my clients, I have started buying a pack of jumbo eggs; larger sized!

WHAT IS THIS DESICCATED BANANA CAKE?

Tomorrow is Lunar New Year Celebrations! T just entered home and we started of with a fight! He would never lock the door. I asked to do it, why Cristine has to go and do it. And why would not someone take a full shower back from the office? But our fights are not nerve wrecking, the son grew up a happy child. The little contribution we have in his life is this! We simply miss his weird self around, got very dependent on Cristine; she has decided to renew her contract with us! But she needs to go home to rest & meet her own for at least two months! Things are not working out neither my brother wants me to go at this time! He thinks I would roam around a lot and the overly cautious him I know is scared to come to the airport! He cannot feel comfortable asking didibhai to take a cab either! I am to bake a cake for Cristine sometime this week! As of now; let me wish the dear islanders with this stovetop, vegan, gluten-free, vegetarian cake made with shredded dried coconut, rice flour, cornflour, banana, brown sugar! I named it DESICCATED COCONUT BANANA CAKE! A banana or two is good enough to moisten a cake if paired with oil or butter!



INGREDIENTS : 

DESICCATED COCONUT : 1/2 COFFEE MUG
RICE FLOUR : 1/2 COFFEE MUG
CORN FLOUR : 2 TBSP
BAKING SODA : 1/4 TSP
BAKING POWDER : 1 TSP
BANANA : 2 STANDARD SIZED
BROWN SUGAR : 1/2 SMALL CUP
OIL : 1 SMALL TEACUP
VANILLA ESSENCE : 1 TSP
YOUR CHOICE OF SEEDS, NUTS, DRIED FRUITS

PROCEDURE : 

Get everything ready on your workstation! 


Take the dry ingredients except the brown sugar in a bowl and mix well. 





Take the banana & oil in a blender & blend well! Add the brown sugar and blend well! 



Add the vanilla essence & the liquid to the dry mixture, fold in well and beat for 5 minutes!



Pour it to a cake tin, I used an aluminium foil! Tap lightly on the kitchen counter & top it with dried fruits, nuts & seeds!



Heat a pan keeping a wired stand on it! Place the cake tin on the middle of it and cover!


Bake on the gas top covered at minimal heat for 55 minutes to 1 hour!


Take down and allow to cool before having! It tastes good while warm, also chilled after refrigerating!





2 comments :

  1. Another popular bread! Bread with banana or other fruits is so popular here. I loved. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete