Monday 4 July 2022

BANANA COCONUT JAGGERY CAKE


 

DO I REALLY BAKE CAKE?

Why not? There are no copyright issues involving the word cake. We can take the liberty to experiment with the cake baking ingredients! So long I do not have any responsibility to deliver a particular type of cake to other homes; I think I can use the available ingredients in my kitchen to bake a cake. Until date, my bakes have been acceptable by my family, except for in rare cases when I did not find self bakes okay, thrown away before serving my beloved family! Because I am not a confident baker, I do them with few ingredients fearing a mess if attempting a bigger, greater something! I cannot ever think of putting my bakes on sale; if someone visits us at the time when I have baked a cake, I definitely do offer a slice!

I AM PRETTY TIRED TODAY!

I had to visit the doctor today; only to know they are no more covering the particular insurance company we are entitled to! I got instantly sad; I had been visiting this chamber for nearly twelve years now! Even when we shifted to two stations backward for four years; I used to come here once a month! I find it difficult to accept the new! You can say certain incidents, people sway me a bit too much! Of all things, I start feeling I could have handled the situation, person better! What is a human being without caring vibes? I was not born to selfishly pursue my happiness alone; I have some duties to discharge before leaving! I was thinking about all these while walking towards their other clinic which still has this insurance company covered! I know that area and found out. But it was pretty late and I have to go back tomorrow morning! Vincent was in this chamber this morning; he would be there tomorrow morning! There where I would be going now onwards is his mother's mostly, I have seen her rarely! It is good that I would be treated under Vincent as of now; just that it's one station further to our's! That area I have visited earlier though! Back home, I had a rice bowl pretty late!







Last night, I had puffed rice-beaten rice-mango; at tea-time the store bought vada & for lunch I had Bengali egg curry with the tamarind rice I got from a Southern Indian stall! Even if it was a Sunday, I kept a little for Cristine to have today! Everything is going fine; T has spent some quality leisure time & would be coming back sooner! Yet, worries do not leave me! The son does not wish to talk much & share his daily routine! Mumma wants to know every details but who cares? What I see around, I am in scare 24/7! Sitting thousands of miles far off; it is too difficult to monitor! I leave it to the Almighty to keep him hale, hearty & always well motivated towards the good of the mankind without losing himself!

WHAT IS THIS BANANA COCONUT JAGGERY CAKE?

This is another stove top cake from my simplest bakes. I am getting home jaggery powder instead of brown & white sugar! But, we must know no sweet enhancers are good for a diabetic! Then, I cannot be that restrictive with my diet! Its a big leap anyway to largely reduce the use of refined flour, white sugar in your cakes & use jaggery & gluten-free flours instead! In an attempt to keep it vegan; I have not used creamier milk or yogurt too! So, these steps can be considered as sacrificial! This little of sacrifices parents too should make for their kids, to build their lives. Else, we can see what happens. Its easy to blame but unless we reach the root cause and treat that well to eradicate fully; no light can be seen! When has cancer cured with application of an ointment? Anyway, I am a mere food blogger, and my newest blogpost is this vegan, gluten-free; BANANA COCONUT JAGGERY CAKE! Done with few ingredients; it has pumpkin & sunflower seeds in it and  is flavoured with cinnamon powder!



INGREDIENTS :

DESICCATED COCONUT : 1 COFFEE MUG
RICE FLOUR : 1/3 COFFEE MUG
CORN FLOUR : 2 TBSP
RIPENED BANANA : 2 SMALL SIZED or 1 STANDARD SIZED
JAGGERY POWDER : 1 SMALL TEA CUP
OIL : 1/2 MEDIUM TEA CUP
SOY MILK : 1 SMALL TEA CUP
BAKING SODA : 1/4 TSP
BAKING POWDER : 1/2 TSP
CINNAMON POWDER : 1 TSP
PUMPKIN SEED : 1 TBSP
SUNFLOWER SEED : 1 TSP

PROCEDURE :


We would take the desiccated coconut, rice flour, corn flour in a bowl!



We would mix them well and add the baking powder & soda! We are to fold in well!


We would blend the oil, banana, jaggery together in a blender and pour over the flour mix; fold in well!




We would add the soy milk; mix well! There after, we are to add the pumpkin & sun flower seeds, cinnamon powder and fold in well!

Our cake batter is ready! We would rest it for 10-15 minutes before putting for bake!



I have used an aluminium foiled cake tin and levelled well the batter after adding!


We would place the wok on the gas top & place a wired mat on it! We would let it get heated for 4-5 minutes at low flame!


We would place the cake tin atop the wired mat and cover cook for 50-55 minutes at minimal heat!




Once done, we would cool it placing outside of the wok immediately!


It you enjoy Bengali narkol naru, you would enjoy this cake too!




No comments :

Post a Comment