Monday 11 July 2022

STEAMED TAPIOCA CAKE

 

I AM UNHAPPY IF THE FOOD ITEM I CHOOSE DOES NOT APPEAL TO MY TASTEBUD!

That is what happened sometime back! I was to have my lunch at Texas Chicken today but it is a public holiday here and they do not serve those specific small meals on a Sunday & Public Holidays! T is at home, I did not wish to roam around much, went straight to the Toast Junction & ordered a Mee Rebus Meal that comes with a Barley drink! Today, I asked for a chilled Barley drink! 


Unfortunately, I did not enjoy the Mee Rebus; noodles in thick curry is not my thing! I never have it, mistakenly ordered! You all beautiful people know I also do not like meat & fish in thick curries! Vegetarian thick curries are however my favourites; I mean all of the "Bengali Dalna" varieties! I like Mee Siam, that is thin noodles in a soup base! All of my favourites Mee Siam, Beehoon with fried egg & chicken wing were out were finished by the time I went! As I said, I did not explore much, in a hurry I forgot 
that I would have a big slice of a steamed cake I cooked with my favourite ingredients this morning! I should have had a carb free lunch! In the son's case too, I have seen he prefers soupy or dry noodles! These days, he is into Mac & Cheese I guess & mumma is too worried! Even if he eats vegetables, he would not disclose it as irritating mumma is his favourite sport! But we are to invest the maximum of our love & everything on our children! Please, make them feel important & wanted; else what they would do to make them to be seen you do not know! I love kids, it hurts me if they take the wrong path!



I HAVE SO MUCH OF FOOD EXPERIENCE TO SHARE WITH YOU!

I am myself a back stage person, never did seek attention, but my ardent wish is to take my blog to places, I want it to be seen! Working towards that, I experiment with various ingredients! At times, I fail; somedays the outcome are fab! I am having a slice of heaven right now! 


We are having our choice of food since yesterday but the Hilsa was not tasty, it was fresh but!



Only the Mee Rebus today was disappointing! T had a fish curry, lentils, vegetables with rice lunch! Now, I feel I had to head back home after the walk or just had to have a carb free lunch! At night, I would have one thin paratha with the "fulkopir dalna" and salad to get out of the irritation I had after having the Mee Rebus! So that people do not misconstrue my irritation, I think I am going to make the right blogpost share tonight!

WHAT IS THIS STEAMED TAPIOCA CAKE?

I am unable to concentrate on my blogpost today, people are at home and the television is on, I cannot multitask! Let me wrap up today quick but decently, with all details about this loving recipe! The entire South East Asia champions steamed food! The "kueh" varieties are my favourite! I have tried earlier some steamed cakes but not entirely with tapioca flour! I was desperately wanting to for long! Actually, they do their steamed tapioca cake with shredded cassava! I am mostly a lazy cook, specially when it comes to experimenting with a new recipe, I would not buy expensive ingredients or work hard on it! What if it goes wrong? You would see in the procedural section how I worked with few ingredients to get this cake of today! STEAMED TAPIOCA CAKE, in my kitchen is done with Tapioca Flour, Rice Flour, Sugar, Baking Soda & Powder, Shredded Coconut, Jaggery, Cashews & Pistachios,Rose Essence! It is vegan & gluten-free & super simple to do!



INGREDIENTS :

TAPIOCA FLOUR : 1/3 COFFEE MUG
RICE FLOUR : 1/4 COFFEE MUG
SHREDDED COCONUT : 200-250 GM
SUGAR : 4-5 TBSP
JAGGERY : TO SPRINKLE ATOP [OPTIONAL]
BAKING SODA : 2 PINCH
BAKING POWDER : 1/4 TSP
WATER : 3-4 TBSP [YOU CAN USE COCONUT MILK]
OIL : 1/2 SMALL TEA CUP
ROSE ESSENCE : 1 TSP [OPTIONAL]
CASHEW NUTS & PISTACHIOS TO GARNISH

PROCEDURE :


We have taken the tapioca flour, rice flour, baking powder & soda in a bowl & folded in well!


In a blender, we have taken together the shredded coconut, sugar, oil & water or the coconut milk and blended to a paste!



We have added the paste to the powdered mix, rose essence & folded in well! We would keep the bowl covered for 12-15 minutes!



I use a manual steamer & added enough water to it, put for boil placing a stand atop! When the water starts boiling, we have to pour the batter to a cake tin, I used a foiled tin!

I levelled the mixture tapping it on the kitchen counter, sprinkled some jaggery & garnished it with the cashew nuts, pistachios!



We have placed the cake tin just in the middle of the stand & covered!



After, cover cooking it for 16-18 minutes, it looks like below and is done!



Having it before refrigerating gives the best taste!



No comments :

Post a Comment