Monday 25 July 2022

OATS OMELETTE



I AM UNWELL, I AM RECOVERING, I AM DESPERATELY SEEKING DRY SPICY FOOD!

Yesterday, for lunch I tried having the "magur mach" and really did not like it! It was fresh but did not taste like the magur mach we grew up eating, how eagerly would I be waiting for a piece of "dim bhora magur er peti"! The family veteran told me the other day not to buy those magur which are possibly farmed! Then, I saw in videos how they catch this fish from the muddy puddles. Only that my home needs them small sized! I sent Cristine last week, as usual she is unable to make the vendor serve as per her choice! This is the reason the fish, meat & vegetables I prefer buying myself! I was unwilling to go, I did not have any client; I could not foresee what was coming, the cough & cold!


I enjoyed the rest, even the fish curry, not the fish! I was wanting to have mola, mourala or charaponar jhal chocchori! At times I miss Kolkata for these trivial things; an 1hour body massage for 100 rupees, a choice of fish or duck egg or posto may be!


Last evening, I had a honey cake slice the local stores sell & sky flakes! Last week, I baked a cake with Hershey's Choco sauce I bought for the son last December! I wish to blog about the cake sometime later; it was good, I am not fond of anything with chocolate but I have to finish off the bottle!


Our dinner yesterday was noodles with only "peyaz o dim"! I was about to cook it, Cristine was back home early and cooked it for Sir and Maam! Life seems so easy with her around! I am not the kind who wants to get entangled in cleaning services on a regular basis! I wish to cook a bit, sit all day, get engaged in the worldly matters that touches me! I am not interested in the loots & fights & treachery involved in politics!

BECAUSE I AM COVID NEGATIVE, I COULD GO OUT FOR A  WALK!

And I have to do some kind of an exercise few days a week! I am been asked not to swim or lift weight because of my neck & shoulder pain! I have to walk at least! I do not enjoy yoga, which could have cured my pain & over-weight issues! The problem is, here rain falls without a notice! I went out, a little later it started raining. I was in the shaded area between the Nanyang Junior College & Lorong Chuan MRT and decided to walk to and fro within the shaded area. I do not enjoy walking in the same area, then I am not doing good health wise! 


At one point, I felt I have to move ahead, I was feeling hungry and back home I had the plan of doing this for my lunch! Before going home, I had to buy smoked cheese and yes lighters, one needs cigarette more than anything else in this world. I do not understand why the governments do not increase the levy on other stuffs & ban smoking, drugs not recommended by the doctors, also restrict the limit of alcohol consumption!


All the way, I was thinking of these and came across George Benson's this instrumental "We as Love" for the first time, his other famous vocals I had listened to earlier! I instantly found out, the movie "Karz's" theme song was lifted from this "We as Love"; in decent language "heavily inspired"! I was in middle school and how I requested to let me watch this starring Rishi Kapoor, Tina Munim, Raj Kiran, Simi Garewal. The teen girl then loved the movie! Way later in life, T would instantly make out which of the Bollywood movies are copied from Hollywood, even the recent Ajay Devgan movie with him as a pilot he told is copied from a Denzel Washington starrer! He used to watch a lot of movies in his sailing days! Gradually, a new line of younger generation of Indian directors emerged with story ideas taken from within the country, without needing to copy! We welcomed! I need the lights to be put off to enjoy "We as Love" and seek peace for all! For many years, I have an interest in Latina music and their history, perhaps so a particular incident is not leaving me! I hope all of the 22 lives would have been surviving today; yes, 21+1 who as a child may have wanted some extra care from the teachers, family and help with the text books! I am sure had the person got some help to secure good grades & good company; would have garnered fairer dreams & not seek weapons of destruction! There are so much of online help today, only the right connections are required! What can mere raindrops do to my health? I was talking to one of T's cousin sister last night; I asked her who is a teacher to make sure the last bencher in her class get some good care! Besides school, she coaches privately Accounts & Mathematics to high school students & earned a name in our area!

WHAT IS THIS OATS OMELETTE?

Until I am recovered, I am unable to have even the non-veg curries I cooked; a veg bowl like a dal & young jackfruit curry is fine! I want overly spicy & hot homemade food at this time. Back from Kolkata, I was having something on my walks around 2:30 pm & again around 4pm something at home, my weight shooted up! I had to put a check, we can! I went out but did not crave to buy anything! Our mind & body are in our control! Back home today, I cooked this OATS OMELETTE with boiled potatoes, egg, coriander, onion, chillies, rice flour, refined flour, corn flour, oats in it! It is a non-vegetarian omelette, pancake easy to prepare & I think quite healthy & tasty to have! I did it earlier too and wished to blog about it some day; there are hundreds of existing recipe in the net, I included mine!



INGREDIENTS :

OATS : 1 SMALL TEA CUP
REFINED FLOUR : 1 TBSP
CORN FLOUR : 2 TSP
RICE FLOUR : 1 TBSP
EGG : 1 [2 ARE BETTER, I CANNOT DIGEST]
BOILED & MASHED POTATO :  1 MEDIUM SIZED
CHOPPED CORIANDER : 2 TBSP
CHOPPED ONION : 2 TBSP
CHOPPED GREEN CHILLI : 2 TSP
CRUSHED BLACK PEPPER : 1/4 TSP
SALT : AS REQUIRED
OIL : 1 TBSP

PROCEDURE :


I had roasted the oats lightly & blended to a powder! I had added the refined flour, rice flour & corn flour to it & mixed with the ladle!




I had broken one egg & added to the blender along with a coffee mug of water!



I had blended again for a smooth batter, I transferred it to a bowl!


Cristine chopped & washed the onions, fresh coriander, green chillies!


I had added them & a bit of salt to the batter & folded in well!


Thereafter, I added the boiled & mashed potato; crushed black pepper & mixed again!




I heated the oil in a small pan & added the batter, we would let it cook at minimal heat for 3-4 minutes!

Thereafter, I overturned the omelette & I cooked it again for 2-3 minutes at minimal heat!



I enjoyed having it with homemade, family style "mishti achar" & mango-mustard sauce!









No comments :

Post a Comment