Thursday 23 February 2023

ALOO PEYAZ BHAJA FUSILLI



WHO CAN STAY AWAKE AFTER EATING A PLATEFUL OF RICE AT 6 PM?

I am struggling to stay awake & am scared now! I should not have eaten that amount of rice! I clicked & then deleted, why should I set wrong examples for you! Today, everything went haphazard! I did not have much work, yet! I am telling you, the re-arrangement of the pictures in the blog is eating up my time! Else, I had little of the household chore! In fact, I planned to go out for a KFC meal today! I eat my first meal post 4:30pm-5pm! I could not manage the time & I had to write a blogpost! I skipped the plan, cooked broken rice-potato-egg together! That is the quickest meal we cook at this home when in a hurry or when my bones get lazier! I did not understand the quantity, ended up eating all of it! I did not wish to make it stale as the broken rice variety I got is too bland with no aroma! We are used to cooking this recipe with the Gobinda Blog variety of rice, aromatic it is! In it's absence, I cook with the Chinigura or Kalijeera rice varieties grown in Bangladesh! I forgot to eat the medicines I was supposed to eat in the morning! Yesterday, I ate a fusilli bowl & the day before a Subway value meal!

                                        



Not that I am a sandwich lover, but the meal made me feel light on my stomach around 6 pm! Some days, I do like a Subway meal; not more than a wrap!

IN BETWEEN ALL THE MESS, I MADE SOME OATS COOKES!

They are tasting perfect to my tastebuds; but why are they chewy & not crisp? This I must ask my friends who bakes often! 


I do not fancy the store bought biscuits & cookies anymore; even the Subway oats cookie seemed too sweet to me, I wish to try them at home on some days! Today I used oats, brown sugar, banana, butter! My cookies never are crisp! Anyway, cookies are never totally crisp! But I am happy they are tasting good! I am happier because my mini toaster oven is put to some use! I am not comfortable using a traditional oven, I do not understand it's functions! I bought this one to learn; even if it spoils I need not regret too much as it costs 39:90$! Also, our tiny flat cannot accommodate two big machines! This does not affect me anymore, I have crossed passed that state of irritation of living in a rented space in the prime of my life! I was never too demanding in life, the word lifestyle was absent in our parent's lives! Now I look forward to my son's life, I wished to take on some people but his IB grades disappointed me! When would our child get the kind of job we wish for him? 

WHAT IS THIS ALOO PEYAZ BHAJA FUSILLI?

This is hilarious, ain't it? To temper a fusilli bowl with nigella seeds? And then cooking it with onion & potato? It can be put as this, when a Bengali household feels lazy to make some "ruti & aloo bhaja", they make ALOO PEYAZ BHAJA FUSSILI! The pasta variety is readymade and the rest of the work takes less time than making "ruti torkari"! Actually, I had to use up this amount of the fusilli variety! The amount would not be enough once Cristine comes back! Just yesterday mid-noon the idea did strike, what about cooking a pure Bengali potato & onion fry & add to the boiled fusilli? What you gain in this recipe is the freshly made spicy tomato sauce! I find the store bought sauces for pasta too bland to my tastebud! Hence, even if you are not keen about adding nigella seeds to a fusilli bowl; you must read the recipe for the sauce! It is a vegan dish you can have at any meal of the day; no I would not add any extra vegetable if I am cooking it with "aloo peyaz"!



INGREDIENTS : [FOR THE TOMATO SAUCE]

CHOPPED RIPE TOMATO : 1 COFFEE MUG
RED CHILLI POWDER : 1/2 TSP
CUMIN POWDER : 1/2 TSP
CORIANDER POWDER : 1/2 TSP
KULAMBU SPICE MIX : 1/2 TSP
SEASONING MIX : AS REQUIRED
SALT : AS REQUIRED
SUGAR : 1 TSP
OIL : 1 TSP

INGREDIENTS : [FOR THE FUSILLI BOWL]

BOILED FUSILLI : 2 COFFEE MUG
THE TOMATO SAUCE MADE
POTATO CUT LENGTHWISE : OF 1 BIG POTATO
FAT SLICES OF ONION : OF 1 BIG ONION
SHREDDED CARROT : OF 1/2 A CARROT
SLITTED GREEN CHILLI : 3-4
NIGELLA SEED : 1/4 TSP
ITALIAN HERB MIX : 1/2 TSP
OIL : 1 TBSP

PROCEDURE :


Boil the fusilli in enough water, a bit of salt & few drops of oil! Strain the water!


Dress & wash all of the vegetables!


Heat 1tsp oil in a wok; add the chopped tomatoes, spice powders including the seasoning mix, salt!


Add 2 tbsp of water & give a stir! Cover cook at minimal heat! As it melts, add the sugar & the slitted green chillies! Take down as it thickens enough!



Heat 1tbsp oil in a clean wok & temper the oil with nigella seeds! Marinate the potato & onion with a little of salt & add to the wok! Give a stir and cover cook at minimal heat for 9-10 minutes, stirring in between! 

Wash the shredded carrot and add to the wok & stir fry for 3-4 minutes! 



Mix together the sauce & cooked fusilli & then add the fried vegetables! Add the Italian seasoning mix!



Serve & have it fresh!










No comments :

Post a Comment