Monday 6 February 2023

SUGAR-FREE LADOO MISHTI


IS DOING THE HOUSEHOLD WORK AN EXERCISE ENOUGH?

Not in my case, given my food intake! Actually, this theory does not work for the urban crowd; we use gadgets to do our work & eat fancy food that is not always home cooked! In the village side, life is still tough, work is done manually that demands a lot of physical effort, you walk to everywhere; to the bus stand, railway station, market & carry heavy loads! Although modernity have entered the remote of India or say, South Asia; they still remain pure, rustic & far from the urban pattern of living! People eat fresh produce & home cooked , why would they need a gym, walk on the treadmill or like us on the road or at a park? Since last Friday I haven't done any exercise, I do not know what I am doing! I mean I am not doing that amount of hard work! I think I got too poor with time management! But I am enjoying cleaning my home with the music system in high volume! What I do not listen to? If at one moment I listen to Beethoven, the other moment I am into Bole re Papihara, also those school days favourite, Zindegi Pyar ka get hai, Isse Har dil ko Gaana parega!" A variety of genre I enjoy; nothing like choice of music, food, books to spend quality time!

WHAT WAS I DOING SINCE THE MORNING?

T's lunch box arrangement is simple & mostly stuffs from the day prior! I do not have breakfasts! Our dearest son is away from home! Once T leaves, I work a bit in our tiny garden! Thereafter I do the dusting & cleaning, washing the utensils goes on all day I cook or do not! Washing the clothes in the machine I do in the evening as the hanging part is done by T! My God family is usually offered food & prayers three times a day! Yes, you can say my blogging takes time, I mean rearranging & editing the old pictures or cooking them & clicking fresh are taking the maximum of time! I wish I did a little of homework before staring to blog!


My mint bush is making me happy & proud, the growth of the curry leaf plant is slow & coriander does not wish to grow in my hands! Few flowers grow in my hedge but the sight of green makes me happy & I feel rejuvenated! We visited a friendly home last Saturday, an ill sister like! I noticed she is in a bit irritative state given she is under constant treatment for two years unable to lead a normal life! But she has to overcome this given her kids are young! She has to instruct & make her help to do everything, also plant some saplings in their long balcony & drawing room! I felt I should help her, at this young age she cannot retire from a normal life! I noticed tendencies of my mother-in-law in her; that is dangerous, that makes one totally inactive! Their home has a new help now but they require a Cristine like at this time; trusted, experienced & one who can cook well! She is lacking nutrition, wish I stayed near & made her & her family eat vegetables, not necessarily salads & bland preparations! I felt concerned & asked their help to cook vegetables from my blog! They are just lacking someone to take hold of the kitchen & cooking at this time!

WHAT IS THIS SUGAR-FREE LADOO MISHTI?

Every three to four weeks it is a pain for me to think of a sweet to be made with the raisins & cashew nuts I offer to my God family! Our kind of Bengali Homes are not used to sweets with lots of dry fruits, as of me I could not get out of middle-class mentality, every corner of our rented space is humble & I have taught the son to act wise while doing the expenditure! His acts have not hurt his parents as yet! Because I always disliked "nokul dana" and a diabetic has nothing to do with it or michri! They are not used in my desserts; I felt at least cashews & raisins can be stored for some good use! On the mentioned day, I was to go to the parlour in the Hougang Central, I needed to do something quick to take for them and I had some extra chapati / ruti too! Also I have with me my loving Panasonic blender! Preparing this instant vegetarian sweet SUGAR-FREE LADOO MISHTI is just a 15 minutes affair, if the chapatis are ready! Carry 2-3 of these in your bag & a bottle of water, it is perfect to meet sudden hunger pangs, nutritious & tasty! I had no plans to blog about it, after been blended, when I tasted a bit, I felt I must!



INGREDIENTS :

CASHEW NUT : A SMALL BOWLFUL
RAISIN : 2-3 TBSP
DATE : 5-6
FLATBREAD / CHAPATI / RUTI : 2-3 [COOKED, SMALL SIZED]
CRUSHED BLACK PEPPER : 1/2 TSP
GHEE / CLARIFIED BUTTER : 1 TBSP

PROCEDURE :

De-seed the dates, wash them, also wash the raisins! 

Dry roast the cashew nuts in minimal heat for 3-4 minutes, take out!

Tear off the chapatis, also the dates! Get ready the freshly crushed black pepper!

Take everything in a blender, blend for a minute or two pausing in between! 

Add the ghee / clarified butter! Blend again but let the mixture be a little coarse, crumbly!

At this point, I felt I should blog about it & clicked!




If you are refrigerating, take out an hour before having it!






 

No comments :

Post a Comment