Monday 20 February 2023

METHI KALO JEERA FLAVOURED QUICK NAAN RUTI



I WISH TO COOK EASY, UNCOMPLICATED RECIPES & GIFT MY READERS THE SAME!

Where do people have time to spend hours in the kitchen? Or they just do not have the energy? Both are true, elaborate cooking is no more considered a quality or a necessity! Moreover, it requires a phone call to order food!There are few like me who enjoy cooking uninterrupted & hop eateries at the same time! I do not know why I am not fond of getting food to the doorstep; eating outside is also about the place, it's decor & environment! I indeed supply food but I tried / would try my best to deliver the food fresh & warm to my clients! During the pandemic, however, the food delivery services fed a number of families & saved many from getting infected! There are people like my sibling who cannot eat home cooked food continuously & also there are young students like our son who heavily depended on such services for sustenance, staying away from home! At one point, he was finding the student canteen's food a bit of boring. He was bound to; the only thing he picked up from his mother is her thing for a variety of food! She tries serving a variety of food on the family's plate! T hardly has any interest in food, the son though not have an oversized stomach like his mother, he does enjoy varied food; both home cooked & ordering from outside! Now that home cooked food is not available, baby depends heavily on the outside food! He is too unwilling to discuss about his daily life with us!

LOVING TO COOK & LOVING TO COOK EASY RECIPES IS A SMART THING!

I do not have the energy to cook complex, the purpose is no more with the food loving son at far! T & Cristine can eat meals with a chicken or egg curry! I need lentils & vegetables! Also, my interest in cooking is not gone! I enjoy this exercise, I have nothing else to do! Also, updating my blog is something I am not ready to quit at this time. They go to work, they study, they publish their work; what do I do? I tremendously enjoy writing & at the same time do not trust my capability & try publish my work! Anybody, who can help me organise my recipes & write ups into a novel? T is least bothered about my wishes, the son is busy building his life! I should have a space to express, given I cannot mingle easily with my brethren! I relax taking ideas of cooking from here & there! I cook or do not cook them all, it is an enriching experience for me! I am planning to eat outside my lunch tomorrow, locally & that is making me happy! I would just stroll, I was to go today but could not manage the time! There are few people in this world with whom I wish to talk uninterrupted!

WHAT IS THIS QUICK MADE METHI NAAN RUTI?

I do not remember where from I learnt to prepare an easier naan bread dough using self rising flour! But I am sure it is not my invention, I am definite I came across a recipe where we are asked to prepare the naan dough with plain yogurt, self-raising flour, a bit of salt & sugar, oil! Then I forgot all about it, few months back the memory revived & I am using the self-rising flour to make both a naan bread & bhature! Is it cheating? Would you call it a cheat recipe? Whatever they say, for a lazy cook like me who prefers cooking & serving fresh on her family's plate, is finding this extremely helpful! I was eager to share this recipe of the vegetarian naan bread for quite sometime that I named METHI KALO JEERA FLAVOURED QUICK NAAN RUTI





INGREDIENTS :

SELF RISING FLOUR : 2 COFFEE MUG
PLAIN YOGURT : 1 MEDIUM TEA CUP
SUGAR : 1 TSP
SALT : 1/4 TSP
OIL : 2 TBSP
DRIED FENUGREEK LEAF / SHUKNO METHI PATA : 1 TBSP [TO FLAVOUR]
KALOJEEREY / KALONJI / NIGELLA SEED : 1 TSP [TO FLAVOUR]
BUTTER OR GHEE / CLARIFIED BUTTER FOR GARNISH!

PROCEDURE :


We will take all of the ingredients in a wide mouthed bowl except for the dried fenugreek leaves & the nigella seeds! The norm is to mix the flour, salt, sugar & oil at first & then add the yogurt! I am not particular that much!


We would prepare a smooth dough kneading well for 8-10 minutes! We may not need to add water, add a little if only required!


We would keep the dough covered with a moist piece of cloth for 15-20 minutes, remove the cover & knead again for 2-3 minutes!


We would tear off portions & smoothen between our palms!

We would take together the nigella seeds & dried fenugreek leaves in a bowl & some water in another bowl!




With help of the rolling pin & base, we would give them any shape, sprinkle some dried fenugreek leaves & nigella seeds on the top & press lightly with the rolling pin!

On the back side we would apply some water & place carefully on a hot pan / tawa / griddle!


Roast both the sides well & take down!


The back side would look as below!


Again, take each on a manual wired griller / ruti chakni and cook further, they would fluff up!

  

 

We would serve & have immediately brushing some butter or ghee / clarified butter!


We had it on that day with bhandhakopir ghonto, achar, salad!












 

No comments :

Post a Comment