Thursday 2 February 2023

NO ONION NO GARLIC NOODLE


 IT FEELS COLD HERE; WE ARE UNABLE TO SWITCH ON THE FAN!

You bet yes! I keep in store thin bed sheets to cover us between October to February, monsoon is  cool! Those I got from Kolkata! At this time, it seems too much of chill to manage with those thin sheets! A person like me[read fat] is not needing to switch on the fan! Others may laugh at it in disbelief, only the islanders know! The rest might have arrangements, I have to stock something heavier sooner! All day I was out, came back & took shower at 5:30 pm; had my first meal at 6 pm! This is the noodle bowl that I am blogging about today!


What I am willing now is to watch Ballabhpurer Roopkatha streaming in Hoichoi, just not getting time; I either have piles of work at home or outside! Because I am not used to doing any amount of work except for cooking, there is mismanagement all over! I do enjoy writing a blog post, just too tired at this time, then, I cannot let go of it either! What else fruitful thing do I do? Although my blog does not generate any amount of revenue, I enjoy piling it up with new recipes! But what was I doing all day?

IT WAS A ROUTINE VISIT TO MY DOCTOR; AND...

I ended up straightening my hairs! They became too dry & unmanageable recently! Hope, I do not go bald, the way I am doing experiments with my hair! How am I looking?



All the time I am into music; call me romantic? I do not know; today I am with, "bhebechilam tokey phiriye debo ami" and "tera hone laga hoon, khone laga hoon"! I do not know why you guys need others to spend quality time; I and my choice of music make a good pairing! I think I am romantic; just cannot savour "kirtan" kinds! I have spent a lot on my hairs, how to manage my budget let me see! You are to limit your expenditures unless you are a billionaire! Our son hopefully has learnt it! I am worried, there is a snow storm due in their city, who knows if he has stocked enough food & other necessary stuffs! He does not wish to discuss! Mumma keeps getting new recipe ideas like this noodle bowl for their son, other son & daughter likes living away from their home!

WHAT IS THIS NO ONION NO GARLIC NOODLE BOWL?

With the Filipino on leave, I try simpler recipes, specially for the lunch boxes! Mincing garlic, ginger & cubing onion for a noddle bowl early morning? I felt feverish, with no one to help me! But today's clinical record says I have lost weight, my blood sugar level & pressure measurements are great! I came up with this vegetarian, vegan meal this morning; a NO ONION NO GARLIC NOODLE just in thirty minutes! I wake up early but do not feel like getting out of my bed until the sunrise; then hurry! Here, I do not follow our mother's work pattern, she is in Puri today for the next ten days; with her youngest brother-in-law and his wife from Assam! Her son & daughter-in-law made all the arrangements! She used to go every year in February with the father & stayed for ten-fifteen days! I have stronger reasons for getting a noodle bowl today! I wished to thank the team at the dentistry clinic for their fabulous service, also the hair experts of today! Every hair studio yesterday refused me, today's was a simple, small neighbourhood one beside my doctor's chamber who did it for me! You do not see such messy parlours in Singapore, but their service was great!



They worked pretty well, I was happy with the service, happier with their behaviour! But would these people eat potatoes in noodles? Then, we love it!



INGREDIENTS : 

NOODLES : 250-300GM
GREEN PEA : A 1/2 SMALL TEA CUP
SWEET CORN : 1/2 SMALL TEA CUP
CUBED POTATO : 1 SMALL BOWLFUL
CHOPPED GREEN CHILLI : 1 TSP
CRUSHED BLACK PEPPER : 1 TSP
VINEGAR : 1 TBSP
LIGHT SOY SAUCE : 1 TSP
SALT : AS REQUIRED
OIL : 2 TBSP

PROCEDURE :


Break the noodle cakes in a bowl & pour super hot water in it; add few drops of oil & some salt! 

Give a stir & keep as is for 3-4 minutes and strain! Wash for 1/2 a minutes under the running water! Add a tsp of oil and mix well! Keep aside!



Cube the potatoes & wash, marinate with some salt, also bring into normal temperature the frozen corn & green peas! Wash & chop the green chillies!


I used the following for seasoning, we keep our noodle bowls bare minimal!


Heat the oil in a wok & add the marinated potatoes, stir and cook at minimal heat until done! 

Add the green peas, sweet corns & chopped green chillies to the wok & stir!

Add the vinegar, light soy sauce, the crushed black pepper, some salt; stir cook at high for a minute!




Add the cooked noodles and incorporate everything well using two ladles. Adjust the salt if only required!


It tastes the best if served & had  hot & fresh!



No comments :

Post a Comment