Thursday, 24 September 2026

RICE NOODLES IN SAUCE MIX


The sky is neither bright, nor cloudy! This moment we see light, next moment it dims. It neither hot, nor cold. The breeze makes me sleepy. I could start blogpost an hour before, lacked concentration. Somedays, I sit idle doing nothing. Entire morning I spent thinking either to write new blogpost or to share an updated one. I cooked, clicked. Editing photos eats up considerable amount of time. I couldn't exercise, neither go for swimming, my God Family was hungry. Post brunch, I sat idle, listening Bollywood numbers from 70's, 80's after sesh with Choplin since morning. Instrumentals & household chores are good pair! I had various things on mind, I keep myself occupied but today mind felt idle.

My eating sessions do not stop whatever state of mind is! Post shower & prayer, I made chapati, had as brunch with coffee. Last few days, I was having home cooked meals, few plates did I click. I loved both the vegetarian, non-vegetarian fried rice platters!


The grilled chicken legs got dry. I over cooked them, also using frozen drumsticks may be reason. Using minimal oil is another reason. We got home new microwave, I ain't good at temperature setting. I have plans of sharing stovetop chicken starter before festival, kinds people queue up at Azad Hind Dhaba around12 am-2pm for a week. I can't take that crowd anymore. Would prefer to sit somewhere in Park Street late at night. Can't queue anymore outside of pandals, we enjoy more in Singapore!

Yesterday afternoon, I was having a favourite plate, Appam! These are the 24/7 cafeterias, this one right at backside of our flat. It tasted good although they are not pro like Little India's famous eateries. Its Kerala food, not every Tamil joints would do it. A stall at Tekka centre does it really good. One plate has two, price is 3:50$. I wouldn't have full plate at 4:45pm, having two coconut stuffed crepes, fruits at 12:30pm! I packed for Cristine one. 



I cooked following since last Monday. Sweet pancakes in syrup would be shared in blog, also kofta recipe. Not that I don't cook for man, just that I avoid sweet stuffs, my blood sugar jumps. I love dresses, health, both. We had guest, it was fun cooking, chatting with sister like about incidents that took place in 90's. 

Whenever I cook these, I feel sad. Son follows poor diet, cup noodles, chips. I am worried about his health.


Not that I want interfere in his life, fear of which made his father send him across oceans and thousands of miles away. A little about Male pride I know, its showcasing his ability to fund Son's education in a private university in USA. But its also about making me happy, I have always believed in parents doing their best for kids. Man can't say post 2020, I complained about not owning property, travelling. I am in happy state, worried what future holds, about son stationed far, about his future, safety. 

Practising hobbies rescues. After lot of speculation, I dropped the idea of sharing an old recipe from Blog, share new one, vegan, gluten-free RICE NOODLES IN SAUCE MIX! Its 30-40 minutes recipe. Its long I did not cook something complex, take credit, today at least boiling noodles correctly is giving me high. Rice noodles happen to be thin, boiling it is tricky. I don't play tricks, not in kitchen, not with others, that requires brain. I have poured hot water over noodles, strained after 2-3 minutes. We are humans, we can't be perfect. Learn, accept we would make errors, we cannot be perfect always. Although, we have to behave well, be careful not to hurt others, we wouldn't guarantee perfect carefulness at all times. We may hurt each other, apologise, thats okay if we do unknowingly, not purposely! Anyway, I try to share easy recipes for bachelors like our son, other son & daughter likes. Get a noodle packet, few easy cut vegetables, go ahead, have warm, low oil hearty bowl of vegetarian noodles!






INGREDIENTS :

RICE NOODLES : 150-200 GM
CHOPPED BELL PEPPER : 2-3 TBSP
CHOPPED GREEN CHILLI : 1
SWEET CORN : 2 TSP
GREEN PEA : 2 TSP
CHOPPED ONION : 1 TBSP
CHOPPED GARLIC : 1 TSP
LIGHT SOY SAUCE : 1 TSP
DARK SOY SAUCE : 1/2 TSP
CHILLI SAUCE : 2 TBSP [I HAD THAI CHILLI SAUCE]
TOMATO KETCHUP : 2 TBSP
CHILLI-GARLIC-ONION SOAKED VINEGAR : 1TBSP
SUGAR : 1/2 TSP
CRUSHED BLACK PEPPER : 1/4 TSP+1/4 TSP
CRUSHED PEANUT : 2 TSP
WHITE SESAME SEED : 1/4 TSP
SALT : AS REQUIRED
OIL : 2 TSP

PROCEDURE :


Combine together sauces, vinegar water, 1/4 tsp crushed black pepper, peanuts, sugar, mix well, keep aside.

Pour 2 cups of boiled water, soak noodles. Break noodles. I forgot, did it later.

Strain after 2-3 minutes. Add little oil, mix!

Wash, chop bell peppers, green chilli, onion, garlic. Wash sweet corns, green peas.

Heat oil in wok! Add vegetables, season with salt, black pepper! Stir cook for 3-4 minutes.

Take noodles, vegetables, sauce mix in bowl, incorporate. Transfer to bowl.

Toast 1/2 tsp white sesame seeds, sprinkle on top.

Enjoy hot or chilled, as you wish!






No comments :

Post a Comment