Sunday 23 September 2018

GHEE GOLMORICH MURGI


My readers already know that a not at all authentic Bengali Recipe too gets a Bengali name whenever I wish to... My tendency towards blogging about recipes not authentic of any place is also known by now. I am confident without any worry of using the word authentic only when it is Bengali Family recipes.... I do not have to search for them and then get confused to decide which one to choose from the rest.... finally to step out for spices Bengalis usually do not use... like "dalimer shukna bichi".... dried pomegranate seeds.... However, one has to be hopeful about my kinds.... at least I use dry mango powder, dried coconut in my cooking instead of "jirey adabatar jhol" all the time! I just remember I am yet to try the Ottoman spices I got from Turkey.... ok when I use them I will surely share my experience with my readers on my business pages... a business that does not fetch me a single dollar but I love the journey! I am unlikely to blog about them because all my readers will not source an Ottoman meat spice packet from Turkey.... 

I really wish my readers to try the recipes I share.... that gives me immense satisfaction! Just as you see me trying the Egg Drop Curry I had at Roshni's place last week... the lady @ Gahonaz .... the silver jewelry line... Earlier I had seen a number of Egg Drop Curry recipes in the internet, never did it. It was yesterday when I did it for the first time.... Its really is wow for my kinds who are not so fond of the white of an egg ... I liked it soft in the egg drop curry or in an omelette with it. I just cannot have eggs the way the husband eats them scrambled in breakfast while on trips .... if any Bengali has told ever that it is  bland to a South Asian's taste bud... I totally agree... Neither can I stand the sight of the son's plate while on tours... piles of bacon, sausages and a bun or two may be! At home they have to eat GHEE GOLMORICH MURGI or similar kinds with homemade breads or with any kind of pulao! You can really trust me about its flavour, the light texture of the curry that we get from using less spices. 

The west too can have it if you are like our friend Bianca who makes awesome naan bread & dosa! So what If I cannot have sausages & bacon, I love the vegetarian breads the West offers... the most loved is the Danish bread varieties. I know if I can sacrifice bread, rice, wheat, potato, sugar five days a week.... I can lose 2kg in two weeks.... then thinking of quitting them have become a mental block.... Yesterday we visited a friend's home where I ate two big jacket potatoes stuffed with meat & cheese, chicken satays... lost the count how many.... did not skip a plate of rice and ilish either.... that too at midnight! Even the good examples of motivated souls cannot inspire me to start with.... such a food addict I am... I defend myself saying that my husband does not take any pleasure clicking my pictures, he blatantly refuses too... I will be what I am... and eat... merry.... drink with a sugar level reaching at 200!



To blog about a GHEE GOLMORICH MURGI does not require so much of talking .... then people at this home do not have time for me while I wish to do some hugging and cuddling stuffs with them over the weekend! Who listens? One headed to the airport half an hour back and the other too has no time to sit with mumma.... I have a couple of friends with whom I can really go out often... then I am too dull a company... to sit with someone needs you to smile and talk.... I will eat and then feel sleepy, then I will discover that I am not the right person to continue with a chat... 

I am a good listener within a group who has the ability to sit with her food & drinks quietly amidst 10-20 people and then sleep in front of them because our parties continue till 1-2am. I can afford to behave this awkwardly in front of few near ones, not with all! Better is a quiet sunny morning when I sit with my tea / coffee and chat with my readers in written. Even my quiet friend Piali Maitra told me two months back that S... you are more expressive when you write.... you are not good at oration.... she saw me talking to the front office girls of the son's school... they are outwardly smart! So, I enjoy sitting alone at a coffee shop or roaming around aimlessly! To share with you the recipe of such non vegetarian sides with chicken..... GHEE GOLMORICH MURGI is always a pleasure be it on a Sunday or at anytime of the week!



INGREDIENTS : 

Chicken : 1kg medium cut, skin off
Plain Yogurt : 1medium cup beaten
Minced Garlic : 2tbsp
Garlic Extract : 1tbsp
Ginger Extract : 1tbsp
Sliced Onion : 1small cup [of 2 medium sized]
Slitted Green Chilli : 6-8 [adjust]
Black Pepper : 2tsp + 1tsp
Coriander Powder : 1tsp
Turmeric Powder : 1tsp +1/2tsp
Salt : As Required
Lemon Juice : 2tbsp
Bayleaf :1
Ghee / Clarified Butter : 5-6tbsp

PROCEDURE :

Wash the chicken pieces thoroughly and pat dry. Marinate it well with the garlic & ginger extracts, beaten yogurt, 1tsp turmeric, 1tsp black pepper, coriander powder, salt as required. Keep aside for 1-2 hrs, no need for refrigeration.

Heat ghee / clarified butter in a wok. Take out the chicken pieces from the marinade and fry in the ghee until each side is little brown... take out.

Add the bayleaf and the minced garlic to the ghee. Stir till we get a nice aroma, add 2tsp of black peppers now. Give a stir.

Add the sliced onion to the wok and fry till they are brown. Add the fried chicken pieces and the marinade. Fold in well.

Cover cook at lowest heat for 7-8 minutes. Open cover and add the slitted green chillies and I coffee mug of water. Cover cook for another 5-6 minutes. We are done. It takes less time than normal as we have fried the chicken pieces earlier.

Add the lemon juice after transferring it to a serving bowl.

Serve fresh & hot with flat breads or rice pilaf.


2 comments :

  1. I can imagine how ghee lifts up the aroma and taste of the dish... I do with golmorich but need to try with ghee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You Amrita... it tasted good... n the flavour too was!!

      Delete