Wednesday 5 June 2019

PISTACHIO PHIRNI WITH BLUEBERRY COMPOTE


A lot of factors were swimming inside that led me to prepare this delish, easy, quick dessert few days back..... I wished to convey my heartiest greetings with it saying  Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri / Ramjan Mubarak / Ramadan Kareem, I wished to prepare a quality dessert to serve my immediate & visiting family,  I do not want to do away with my love for desserts at any stage of my life.... I have to find out suitable sugar free options. The natural sweetening with fresh fruits is quite appealing, using stevia occasionally is fine.... regular use is never recommended. Phirni ..... the rice based dessert is a love ever since I tasted it first around age 18. What I ate and what I prepare has a difference.... authentically phirni is creamier, has to be done delicately using may be particular varieties of rice, I used store bought rice flour this time. What we get is a slightly different texture from the original. Mine was fluffier, more like pudding than kheer. In the Kolkata context, mine was more like the phirni of Arsalan rather than Aminia's which is creamier sans being too much of sugary.  Authentic Bengali desserts are no more in my top favourite lists unless I prepare them with less amount of sugar. My PISTACHIO PHIRNI WITH BLUEBERRY COMPOTE is a light, sugar free, easy vegetarian dessert one can whip up any day, any time to satiate their dessert cravings.

I wished to gift something worthy on this special day for the muslims, my kinds will always try to unify the mankind, doing that I do not care if my own think differently.... I stand strong with my belief and have the ability to say straight on face that one is wrong when they take resort to hate theory. I do not support any kind of "appeasement theory" .... I believe in giving due respect to mankind, I think that earned me a secured life till date. An hour back anything could happen. I was prescribed to have a clove of garlic every morning in empty stomach, an hour back I did it totally oblivion of the fact that the garlic cloves are gigantic in size here. It got stuck in the food pipe, I got choked for 2-3 minutes. Cristine woke up the husband and the mother, the husband asked "can you breathe S?" I still could, I still bothered for the husband's hard earned money, took a last ditch chance and forcefully drank a glass full of warm water.... you can see I am here to share with you a scrumptious vegetarian dessert recipe PISTACHIO PHIRNI WITH BLUEBERRY COMPOTE  as part of the Eid celebration.... may we stay strong together, may we live for each other..... I will stick to loving humanity, the father taught me to be .... how can I deviate from the principles I believe in.... yes, I do not like certain traits in some of my own.... you really cannot change anyone but you can always express your displeasure.... I do not mind going public with it.... "ami chalti haoai ga bhashai na".... I just cannot go ahead with more today, the fear of death has grippled me! Let us proceed with the vegetarian, yummy dessert recipe. Compote will not be thick like jam or jelly in texture.


INGREDIENTS FOR THE BLUEBERRY COMPOTE :

BLUEBERRY : 150-200 GM
STEVIA POWDER : 1TBSP [YOU CAN USE SAME AMOUNT OF SUGAR]
LEMON JUICE : 2TBSP
WATER : 1COFFEE MUG

INGREDIENTS FOR THE FINISHED DESSERT DISH

THE BLUEBERRY COMPOTE
RICE FLOUR : 1/2 SMALL TEA CUP [I USED STORE BOUGHT]
FULL CREAM MILK : 1LITRE + 1MEDIUM CUP
STEVIA POWDER : 1/2 MEDIUM SIZED TEA CUP [YOU CAN USE SAME AMOUNT OF SUGAR]
CHOPPED PISTACHIO : 2-3TBSP
MITTHA ATTAR : 3-4DROP [MADE FROM BOTANIC EXTRACTS & CONCENTRATED OIL, ALTERNATIVELY USE ROSE WATER OR GREEN CARDAMOM POWDER]

PROCEDURE :

Let us prepare the Blueberry Compote first to be used later.

Wash the blueberries under running water, drain. Take them in a heavy bottomed vessel.

Add the water, 1tbsp stevia powder or sugar, lemon juice. Stir and switch on the gas.

Bring to boil and let boil for 5-6 minutes at medium heat. Take down.




Take 1 litre of full cream milk in a heavy bottomed vessel. Put for boil.


In a blender take the rice powder and 1 medium cup of milk, blend to mix.



While the milk is boiling, take the pistachios in a bowl and microwave at low for a minute. Crush or chop them.



When the milk has boiled for 10-12 minutes, add the rice flour and milk mixture.


Add the stevia powder, meetha attar & half of the chopped pistachios. Start whisking immediately after, else lumps will form. This is the most important part of the otherwise easy recipe.



Transfer to a serving bowl, let cool. Pour the blueberry compote, garnish with chopped pistachio.






No comments :

Post a Comment