Monday 13 July 2020

MY ERRONEOUS YUM OATS BREAD


It was a Sunday yesterday; Cristine is back to her usual routine of taking her off day and I am a lazy stuff. So you know I will not take in hand jobs that may require few utensils and finer human attributes; I severely lack patience, sincerity, skill. In the current situation, I am unable to concentrate too; I could not take in any of the movies that were streaming yesterday, neither could sit at one place for long. I came back from my usual walk around 2:50pm; had a good shower; ate my lunch; could not sleep. As the evening approached, I got restless. The man was sleeping, I avoid disturbing him for every single matter. He too hates cribbing. I do not mind, he has too many things to settle now and only he does it, I sit at a corner; crib and cry. I sit all day and shout at the larger than life virus; why cannot it leave us?

When the mind is shrouded with such thoughts; what can give some relief to a food lover who loves to cook is to do something with the available kitchen ingredients. That doing something cannot be too taxing on my nerves. What was the purpose of taking up this project with oats; MY ERRONEOUS YUM OATS BREAD? It was to feel relaxed; I engaged myself in that condition. Going against my nature, I had literally let down my hair and whispered to myself; "let there be wastage but I must see what comes out if I do not follow any rule of baking." I did exactly so. Around 9pm yesterday, I completed it; a no proof, no knead vegetarian oats bread. When you see the stepwise pictures later in this post, you will understand I took no headache doing it. This morning, I clicked it and the man took it in the snack box along with melon. His lunch box has chapati and cauliflower-potato, achar.



This is not the time I will chat with my readers much or romanticise with life. Some people are battling with life, lakhs are facing a trouble which was not required; to top that we have our individual troubles revolving this unfamiliar virus. Many of us cannot ever forget because of this virus, something went wrong in the family. Then, I believe no loss is more than a loss of life, that too at an age when one was not supposed to. That disturbs me the most. What I do is to stand amidst my tiny green patch and take a long breathe.




So, let us live and do not quit; we are not here to give in to defeats. About the vegetarian bake MY ERRONEOUS YUM OATS BREAD, it broke all rules of baking a bread perhaps; yet it tasted good and hence it got a place in the blog.




INGREDIENTS :

OATS : 1 COFFEE MUG
YEAST : AN 11 GM SACHET I USED
PLAIN YOGURT : 1 MEDIUM TEA CUP
HONEY : 4 TBSP
SALT : 1/2TSP
WATER : AS REQUIRED
OIL : 4 TBSP
VANILLA ESSENCE : 1 TSP
ANY COMBINATION OF DRY FRUITS TO TOP IT!


PROCEDURE :

We have powdered the oats in a blender; taken it in a bowl. We have added the yeast & salt to it and mixed well.


Thereafter, we have added the honey and the plain yogurt to the bowl.



We have mixed it well and slowly added water to get a smooth paste. We added the vanilla essence thereafter.



After beating the batter well, I realised I forgot to add oil. I did it. You may add it along with the yogurt.



We have covered the bowl and kept in a warm place for an hour.



We have uncovered, the content did rise.



We have greased an aluminium foil tin with a little of oil and poured in the batter. We have to level it well.



We have topped the batter with some almonds, raisins and dry oats. 



We have left it for 10-15 minutes.



Those of you who bake in the convection mode of a microwave; place the low stool inside the oven. 

Preheat the oven at 180*C for 10 minutes.

Place the bake tin with batter on top of the stool.

Bake for 25 minutes at 180*C.



All night it lay on our dining table.



It is our breakfast today along with fruits.



No comments :

Post a Comment