Saturday 16 October 2021

COCONUT CREAM PLUM ICE-CREAM



IN SEARCH OF A HEALTHIER DESSERT!

I am really in the lookout for less sugar, healthier sweets & desserts these days.That is one reason I do not blog about the traditional Bengali Sweets; the major reason off course is the patience & hard work that goes into making them.Think of the time & patience a "kheer kadom" takes!I do not think I want to make them, neither the family is fond of! So far I can remember, I liked the mawa / kheer coverage of a "kheer kodom" sweet that had poppyseed in them!The inside would be an overcooked roshogolla, very sweet! I do not know why I blogged about a DANADER / DANADAR recipe, we were never allowed to eat it, neither I was that fond of. But one or two of it would go very well with what I cooked today for our lunch! We ate and I updated an old blogpost DAL POORI WITH SPICED POTATO!

I AM LOSING WEIGHT!

The above sounds very sweet. But I am wondering what exactly is triggering my weight loss!I did not exercise for a week!Is it because I did not eat junk food for quite sometime or is it the 24 hours of fasting effect? I am surprised because I ate a lot of rice grains the past few days!The worst thought is if at all the weight machine is giving the right measurements,I bought the cheapest one I remember!No point pondering, the hardest job is to continue with the the weight loss journey which I tend to fail!I fear if there is any internal illness I am unable to feel. Anyway, the frozen shoulder thing needs an immediate attention, I am planning to see a Chinese Traditional Therapist post Lakshmi Puja! There are other discomforts all over the body but I do not bother others, neither myself! The world today got very self-centric; no one bothers, no one would ask you, hi whats up? My life cannot stop for that, if the week of Durga Pooja was a bit off track from my usual routine, I will now get back to my usual self! I need to go for long walks, unknown pathways make me happy!And yes, cooking for my family, and my clients off course!My biggest shortcoming since childhood is my instant mood swings followed by severe irritation, the reason of which I cannot share with anyone!

WHAT IS THIS COCONUT CREAM PLUM ICE-CREAM?

COCONUT CREAM PLUM ICE-CREAM is a homemade ice-cream, vegan , gluten-free, diary free, less on sugar using coconut-cream, cashew nuts, raisins, cornflour, a little of brown sugar and plums. Its a no cook ice-cream without any trace of egg in it!I did not know I would like it so much, but I did!My body is kind of averse to the diary products since childhood! I have them but find it hard to digest!Because I will be 51 sooner,I try to get diary-free alternatives to my desserts & sweets!I am not fond of coconut cream or milk as much I am of coconut, I did not know I would love it so much!


The little sour tone of the plum chunks amalgamated so well with the sweetened coconut cream!




INGREDIENTS :

CHOPPED PLUM : A BOWLFUL
COCONUT CREAM : 350 ML -400 ML
CASHEW NUT : 14-15
RAISIN : 15-20
SUGAR : 2 TBSP [I USED BROWN SUGAR]
CORN FLOUR : 2 TSP
ROSE ESSENCE : 2-3 DROP
CHOPPED PISTACHIO TO GARNISH!

PROCEDURE :



We are using these few ingredients!


I have taken together all of them in a blender except the chopped plums!


I blended them well and poured in a glass bowl.



I had refrigerated the bowl for a pretty 2 hours!


I took it out and again blended for a minute or two!




I pourED it into a container and added the plums to it! I froze it overnight!


Before serving, I garnished it with chopped pistachios!









 

3 comments :

  1. Woow this looks great! Our kids realy like it. Looks very healthy. I haven't tried homemade icecream before! Do you use salep (sahlep) as ingredient of icecream?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just learn about salep from you, never had it, not even in our tour of Turkey! Thank You! How are you doing?

      Delete
  2. We rarely make icecream in our kitchens. I dont know why? We mostly buy it from icecream shop or markets. I will try it in my kitchen at oneday. Salep (maybe its name different in english) is the first ingredient of icecream here. Bye the way we all fine, thanks. Hope you are ok with your family. Have a great weekend. Greetings from Turkey.

    ReplyDelete