Friday, 23 August 2019

AAM SHORSHE KANCHALANKAR CHUTNEY



Finally, I could prepare something similar to "kashundi"..... Bengali style mustard sauce. This sauce grandmother never made, I didn't see how its made. I have heard it's recipe calls for strict rules, spoils if you don't abide by them. Kashundi was not even regular affair in our home, it wasn't that we couldn't have "shaak bhaja & bhaat without kashundi, sliced onion alongside." Our mother would at times buy, never thought of making it in a two roomed rented flat which was constant monitored by land lord. I mean interference couldn't stop her from preparing variety of pickles though, its about preferences. May be 19 years of humiliation made father build decent two storied home in Barrackpore after retirement. Once I got eligible speaking about family matters, I told if you occupy someone's home for near two decades, they would get scared, act weird. I keep wondering why daddy didn't shift to better neighbourhood after his first promotion. Its about your mental setup, how you want your life to be. Moreover, we are the generation never to understand the value of hundred rupees note... how important, what difference it could make in man's life.... our middle class parents knew. The reason why I consider father-in-law nearer to me..... he isn't my father, yet .... Even after son of house made triple forward leap, changed family's financial scenario, his father lived bare minimal life, worries about son's huge amount of responsibility. Worrying about his son....how he would manage huge responsibility entrusted on his skeletal structure, he fell sicker ..... That gives him place in my heart, he need not be my father for that.... I have seen his struggle, sacrifice throughout his life, one who did not change his lifestyle even after son brought a sea-change in family set up.... 

I am like my father-in-law, had I have freaked around with friends, carry nothing less than Gucci or Guess at least, start my day at nearest Starbucks..... husband would not have been able to save enough to take care of his parents.... for uninterrupted educational aids for my son, so he may dream bigger ..... I have no regrets carrying 25$ bag, wearing 20$ dress most of time, saying stricter 'no' to 'Shaukh' or 'Gahonaz'.... which is an exercise given I am saree, antique silver jewelry lover..... However, I have profile picture coming up wearing their products, before pujo I hope. If not working, I should respect other's labour.... if working, I should respect mine..... spendthrifts' homes hardly thrive. Mutton, salmon, giant tiger prawns, Hilsa don't come together home.... two together, in turns. 

Preparing chutney, sauces, condiments at home isn't my miserly act, I find homemade stuffs tastier these days.... take example of this AAM SHORSHE KANCHALANKAR CHUTNEY, I did it better, mine is tastier. Quality "Kashundi" has to be done hygienically if not wearing "shuddho kapor on shuddho shorir." I didn't name it kashundi because I didn't consult any kashundi recipe, just took liberty to go my way with similar kind.

I find making jams, sauces at home relaxing. They rarely occupy much of your time, energy. If you are starting your day looking at your home grown greens, you feel fresh all day.



One was yesterday morning, one today. I spend on them, they give me necessary boost. Without spending too much on them, our mother grows wonders in her terrace. I requested her for vegetable garden in her space this year..... she doesn't listen to me, people around keep me alive with their lovely produce. Once I get necessary energy, preparing fried rice for lunch isn't problem, Cristine gets everything ready on kitchen top. The magic of fried rice is you may prepare it with any combination of ingredients..... I like authentic, simple Chinese fried rice, Bengali varieties, Southern Indian variety of rices. Doing an easy fried rice, a vegetarian condiment with raw mango, black mustard seeds like this AAM SHORSHE KANCHALANKAR CHUTNEY is not hard job, I mean even if you are minimalist cook.


Shall we proceed with the easy, no cook recipe?




INGREDIENTS :

RAW MANGO : 1BIG OR STANDARD SIZE [SHREDDED]
BLACK MUSTARD SEED : 50GM
GREEN CHILLI : 10-12 [ALTER AS PER THEIR HEAT LEVEL]
GARLIC CLOVE : 6-7
WHITE VINEGAR : 100-150ML
LEMON JUICE : 2-3TBSP
SUGAR : 2TSP
SALT : AS REQUIRED
MUSTARD OIL : 5-6TBSP

PROCEDURE : 

We will peel mango, shred it well, wash. Then we will take ingredients on the kitchen counter.

We will wash, soak green chillies in half of vinegar required. Later I used more of chillies as per requirement.

We will wash black mustard seeds taking on strainer, soak in water for 1/2 an hour.


After 1/2 an hour, we will take strained black mustard seeds, green chillies along with the vinegar it was soaked in, garlic cloves, salt in blender.


We will pulse at high for a minute, open lid. With help of spatula, we will get content together.... add more of vinegar, pulse at high for a minute.

Now let us open lid, add rest of vinegar, sugar, turmeric, shredded raw mango.


Now let us pulse at high for a minute, take down, transfer to bowl. Then we will add mustard oil.


Let us add lemon juice, adjust salt if required, beat well.


At this stage, I felt it requires more of green chillies. So I added them, blended well.


Before transferring it to sterilised bottle, I kept it under sun for entire day.



Now refrigerate, enjoy for a month.




No comments :

Post a Comment