This homestyle sweet was majorly done with sugar free alternative but has 1-2 tsp of sugar added, else I find it very difficult to bind them, shape. The coconut variety we get here is weird, does not release much oil. Wasn't it jaggery/sugar, oil released from coconut together made a perfect "naru".... my narus are softer.... Oh! my God! the eldest of my cousin is Narayan with pet name Naru.... I played on his lap once..... The elder of his two sons now got married and are both working.... you understand our age difference. The mother always says that this guy is honest person, helped her tremendously when she could not manage alone a big family which had my father, my toddler self, pishimoni, nanu, father's youngest brother, mother herself in Asansol. Because pishimoni, father's youngest brother had no interest in studies, they were sent back to Assam before we left Asansol, mother never wished to leave Asansol.... ask me why? The Loreto, few other convents were located just the other side of the road. Ahh, poor mother wanted her daughter to get "convent" educated. Once in Kolkata, she made me sit for admission test two times in Auxilium Convent, Loreto Sealdah.... in all I failed in spelling test, handwriting. That weakness in English Grammar, Spelling still remains a persisting problem in my life. She tried for brother to get in to Calcutta Boys, St. James, could not. The brother was better in academics than me, had tendency getting into wrong associations. Taking control of his life, engaging him in sports activities was religious duty for us, I still believe. You cannot allow a part of your body get rot, right?
I couldn't get "conbhent" educated is right, destiny takes it's own course. I tell my mother "you see mani, boys make good friends if you associate with right ones".... we were at experimental stage of the "Benglish" school, teachers changed every month! I really feel good for those who made it in life which proves they had matter in them. I stand strong with rest of us back benchers whose mark sheets got severely affected. I believe academically sound students can survive through any damn school, for us, good schooling is necessity, now that school earned some name I hear.
Coming to my eldest cousin, he had struggled life. Okay, he could make a political career, from Pannchayat Head like in Nabadwip area he managed a meagre job in Kolkata through his parent party. Those who try to prove otherwise have to accept that their party too used their power in jobs, elsewhere, everyone in power does.... the question is to what extent I am using my power. They claimed they did not use their political power with regards to admission in Calcutta University at post graduation level.... but all top level posts in that University during their reign were occupied by party loyals. You will not see my dignified friends speaking rational on their pages. It's obvious whoever is in power would use it.... I admit that now situation is worser because present party in power doesn't have any solidified history of politics..... they are just flock of "gunda-gardi" loving people, even worser days are approaching towards West Bengal. Big Sister herself may not be too bad but her associates are terribly dishonest. I do not know why I am too unwilling to see politically motivated posts coming in.
In Social Media, news on achievements are welcome, food & music too, expressing our views on social or socio-political issue welcome, hoaxes with wrong informations ..... please excuse me, keep in touch with me in WhatsApp or Messenger.... I mostly use social media handles to promote my blog, to flaunt my sarees often, dresses at times, to practice my hobbies.. thats it. I look good wearing make-up, but make better REDUCED SUGAR NARKOL NARU. Had I have bit of wisdom in my teens.... I definitely would not have wasted my teen life studies thinking why I ain't beautiful, but studied hard.
My eldest cousin spent each droplet of his blood, sweat building his home, bringing up his sons. His wife I hear is an extreme case of cleanliness freak who equally sacrificed for family living in a two-roomed shabby rented home decades. Now their elder son is married, both sons are in decent jobs, they finally could build two-storied, airy, no-fancy home in interiors of Parnashree, Behala. A primitive, Bengali soul still yearns for landed property, thats when the wise husband says S, do not be silly.... when we go back we would go for an "assisted living".... a newly developed concept coming up in India; I hear it is a bit different from old age homes. I think I read about it in social media.... I read news, different stories in social media handles .... this Milaap's page does not let me sleep.
You see, fragments of my life keep coming in all of my blog posts. I did not plan them at any point in past few years, they just flow. Way later, I discovered that people around also do that.... this particular idea was not hired.... else I self associate myself willingly with people who feed my quest for knowledge, class, beauty. I wholeheartedly support a Nishi's confident self, Swati's hidden talent in art, craft finally coming out of trunk, I have many times rebuked an Indirra Sengupta silently for not getting her art, craft skills in public. When she told me after school she goes with friends, her sons stay with their trusted chauffeur, I got upset, its security threat! I think is she at all using her potential in art & craft which happens to be her special quality? She herself would understand when her boys would leave her on career's call, she would feel lonely..... her bindas self got her kids admitted to best school in Kolkata considered till date.
However, this "conbhent" maniac girl happens to be Indian in essence ..... her father used to love all kinds of "pithey-puli-naru"... they were regular affair at home, not occasionally made. The grandparent's home always had big tinned containers full of "moya"stored for days, "naru" in glass jars.... our mother too made it a practice.... their's was not "so called romantic liaison" per say.... in fact they hardly had any common interest but I have never seen mother partying outside leaving daddy fetch his food by himself. He should have learnt to help our mother I definitely admit. Our mother struggled with two kids, after marriage when I saw people sleeping until 12pm while husband, kid went to office, college making their own breakfast, I wondered as if it is 8th wonder of world. It was good home but I wanted my own.
Why does son makes it a point to spend alone time with my brother, never distanced him from paternal grandparents?.... The answer is their love towards him! But you have to pay price for freedom you want. I carried two bags full of rice in two hands, spent sleepless nights each time when our only "security" passed through Gulf of Aden, ran from this"bazaar to that" for "jyanto magur" for the kid? I had no complain, with both families support, I enjoyed the conquer, time with son.
My only dream as of now is good future for son, not only they but I hate making him public until now..... a fear I need to overcome, when I do not know..... let him grow far from crowd, mumma continues to prepare this homestyle traditional sweet in a new way REDUCED SUGAR NARKOL NARU for him as she is concerned of her family's health. The things used are evaporated cream, shredded coconut, green cardamom powder, stevia powder, sugar. Evaporated cream reduced cooking time, I didn't let it sugar free because it is sugar or jaggery that gets content sticky. I could not click stepwise pictures because we are not supposed to take pictures or taste food we offer Almighty.
INGREDIENTS :
SHREDDED COCONUT : 2COFFEE MUGS OR 400-500GM
EVAPORATED CREAMER : 1CAN [385ML]
STEVIA POWDER : 100-150GM
SUGAR : 2TBSP
GREEN CARDAMOM POWDER : 1TSP
PROCEDURE :
Pour evaporated creamer, stevia powder in wok. Bring to boil, keep simmering at low heat for 7-8 minutes. During this constantly we need to stir.
Now add shredded coconut, constantly keep stirring folding in well.
When content gets 80% dry, add sugar, green cardamom powder. Keep stirring further until it gets sticky.
Take down, let it cool. Shape into small, round balls, "naru" when it is still warm.



No comments :
Post a Comment