This was soupy curry that caught our fancy when I prepared it earlier in July. The mother was visiting us, she was only wanting to have light soups, this island styles having bit of noodles or rice in them as part of her carb intake. Like our mother, chicken in soups I like, I prefer doing it at home because I give them vinegar bath for quite sometime, cook for a little longer period as per our taste bud. So, I thought let me try similar kinds at home using different combinations of ingredients. Yes, the rest in family liked it, would not mind having served with garlic tempered rice. If they get to have good amount of chicken, prawns in one dish, they would tolerate vegetables. I think what made it seem too favourable to us are use of lemon grass, kaffir lime leaves, lemon juice in good amount.
I do not know back from India why I have not done a non vegetarian soup with chicken, prawn, broccoli, mushrooms, watercress like this CHICKEN PRAWN VEGETABLE SOUP for a single day but I must now. Yesterday, I went for my blood sugar check, it reached staggering height. I don't wish to be husband's burden, he is already overburdened with responsibilities.... he is no "Mithunda".... you know na that guy bought lorry for one relative, set some other business for the other. I am restrictive in this matter. History cannot repeat, I cannot put my son's future at stake.The guy is travelling, sent me picture below last Monday morning, I get tensed when he drives to neighbouring state, he has to provide me details at every stop. He isn't regular Facebook-er but a black tea aficionado, never with milk, sugar.
I think I have to tell all not to send any kind of sweets at this home, they come for my men but I cannot resist myself having them. I got the punishment yesterday at doctor's chamber. Let me prepare sweets at home. Out from chamber, my demoralised self had lunch outdoor. Late afternoon I had "samo rice, mushur dal porridge," at night we had the best meal... mumma made chicken with bell pepper. Our boy is having fencing lessons everyday, babai is not there to drive him back late night. My question is.... "when will you study after all these?"
Yes, I am having everything with millets but I have read that it is not good for people with hypothyroidism. You see, I have everything at a food court or food chain / joint.... the man cannot say I deprive others, have my own pleasure and luxury.... people can always have different notion.
I actually have series of fish and meat recipes in the kitty to share. I am unwilling to share prawn recipe I want you to prepare, all my earlier fish photos are in package of five or two I am unwilling to share at this time.... It is pleasure to end day looking at son's, his father's face who happen to be my ultimate security. For son or his parents, a soya sauce chilli chicken, non vegetarian soup CHICKEN PRAWN VEGETABLE SOUP any time of the day is welcome. If only he cared about mumma, think what gives her high.
What gives me ultimate pleasure? Well, I keep telling son, if you have inherited the father's brain matter, do not waste it, do not get me average results.... your mother always kept your interest, your well being at forth.... remember that. Who listens? The friends' daughters and sons have scored 95%-98% in almost all subjects. I am like "amar jiboney kichu chaina, amar number chai, academic records chai"..... I am my mother's daughter after all who became diabetic when brother refused to pursue further education after leaving college.... I am also my maternal grandmother's girl.... whose sons, specially the eldest and youngest of the three are business magnets, wellknown in Nadia circuit.... even few years back she used to say "ora ayam-e pash korlo na, bank e dhuklona, amar dukkho"..... She is 90 up, she must be happy her youngest grandson is doing PhD in mathematics.....
BONELESS CHICKEN STRIP : 250-300GM
DE SHELLED PRAWN : 200-250GM
MUSHROOM : ANY VARIETY
CHOPPED WATER CRESS : A BUNCH
BROCCOLI FLORET : 1MEDIUM TEA CUP
SLICED ONION : 1SMALL TEA CUP
CRUSHED GINGER & GARLIC : 1TBSP
CHOPPED LEMON GRASS : 1TSP
KAFFIR LIME LEAF : 6-7
LEMON JUICE : 4-5TBSP [I REMEMBER I USED GONDHORAJ]
CRUSHED BLACK PEPPER : 1TSP
VINEGAR : 2TBSP
SOYA SAUCE : 1TBSP
TABASCO : 1-2TSP
SALT : AS REQUIRED
OIL : 2TBSP
PROCEDURE :
Wash, drain all the ingredients well. Marinate chicken strips, dressed prawns with vinegar, little amount of salt for an hour. Drain marinade thereafter. Add broccoli, chicken, prawn, half of lime leaves to vessel with boiling water. Add some salt.
You can see we have got everything ready, crushed ginger garlic to sliced onion. We would add washed watercress, mushrooms in last lap of cooking.
After the chicken, prawn, broccoli has boiled for 5-7 minutes, strain, reserve stock.
Separating crushed, cooked garlic-ginger, lime leaves was tedious job, did I need to?
Heat oil in wok, add lemon grass pieces. Stir, add sliced onion. Stir until they turn translucent.
Add freshly made stock. Bring to boil.
When it has boiled for 3-4 minutes, add cooked chicken, prawn, broccoli. Add all of lemon juice, crushed black pepper.
Add mushrooms, watercress, cook for 2 minutes.
Then add rest of lime leaves, tabasco, adjust salt if required.
You can have it as soup or enjoy it with plain rice or garlic tempered rice.




No comments :
Post a Comment